manhandsha

quality posts: 32 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Hey guys, I did some house cleaning because the conversation was WAYYYY off track. That said, let's try and keep it about the hard drive, not Fords or Amazon or your opinions on reviews. K, thanks.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

p2k2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages p2k2000

Sure, why not make all the files the NSA couldn't get to more accessible?

ducluc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ducluc

Is anyone having a problem placing an order for this item? I have been trying since 130am to purchase it.

I have no problem putting it into my cart but when I get to the page that says..."look over your purchase and then click on *Place your order*....there is nothing on that page that says *Place your order*.

I emailed Woot around 245am but have not heard from them yet (except for the auto email). I have tried everything I can think of because I really don't want to miss out on this thing. I even called Amazon just now (830pm) to see if they could help (since they own Woot now. They couldn't help either.

So much for trying to buy a ONE DAY Sale and can't contact anyone. I've been a member since 2009. This is my 1st bad experience.

hondac95

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hondac95
ducluc wrote:Is anyone having a problem placing an order for this item? I have been trying since 130am to purchase it.

I have no problem putting it into my cart but when I get to the page that says..."look over your purchase and then click on *Place your order*....there is nothing on that page that says *Place your order*.

I emailed Woot around 245am but have not heard from them yet (except for the auto email). I have tried everything I can think of because I really don't want to miss out on this thing. I even called Amazon just now (830pm) to see if they could help (since they own Woot now. They couldn't help either.

So much for trying to buy a ONE DAY Sale and can't contact anyone. I've been a member since 2009. This is my 1st bad experience.

Could it be that your CC expired? It happened to me once. Placed my order w/o problems for a second one.

GossipNinja

quality posts: 4 Private Messages GossipNinja

PIRATEBOX...just saying

russwjohns

quality posts: 15 Private Messages russwjohns
Ringo4422 wrote:Spin rate and transfer rate mean little. This streams data from the drive via WiFi, meaning the transfer speed is as good as the 80211 wifi signal will allow. Wireless N (if you actually connect in this mode) in the real world is actually no better than 80 mbps, a whole lot slower than any hard drive will do in itself.

But of course those drive dynamics are of importance when transferring files between a computer and the hard drive even if it is usb 3.0 spec'd. And also is playing vid files directly from the HD.

halnwheels

quality posts: 9 Private Messages halnwheels

Thought I'd post after receiving mine and setting it up. First thing, install new firmware from the website. Then, figure out that it doesn't work correctly using IE8, the latest IE for XP. Chrome works. Figure out that you CAN connect the device to your existing wireless so you can get to the internet when your wireless pc is connected to the device. Security is very weak. There's no ADMIN access, so your kids who access the content you place for them, can wreck the settings. Not nice. Yep! It's worth about 50 bucks.

ElBarto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElBarto

I bought this. I just threw mine into a brick wall, 3 times. (Yes, 3 - I have a noodle arm, and it's put together structurally far better than it is functionally.

It probably could have been repurposed as a slow, energy sucking 500GB hard drive, if I trusted it to do that. But as a network device, ummm, no. For so many reasons.

This is a horrible product, and Seagate has hidden support so well behind the Captcha filter that an RMA was impossible even with keen eyesight and good hearing. I'd rather deal with a troll and his riddles three than experience that again. This otherwise patient, reasonable gadget geek saw no other valid option than to chuck this GoFlex into the Flexing wall.

True to form, it disappointed there as well. (I was expecting a bigger pop, or maybe more pieces.) Live and learn I suppose.

shibainu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shibainu

FYI: The unit I bought could not be recognized as a USB device when plugged into 4 different PC's. After further research lots of these devices were sent back for this reason. Apparently the block and proprietary cable that comes with the unit were less than marginal. IF you wish to keep the unit you can do the following: Amazon sells the block with micro-USB connector and cable as "Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Cable - USB 2.0 STAE100" (among others). The Seagate documentation says that all Goflex blocks are the same). I bought the Amazon for $16 ($10+6 S&H) and received a well packaged unit that works when plugged into the USB port. The driver is self loading.

busyb8908

quality posts: 0 Private Messages busyb8908

Good to know! I finally ripped this thing out today and was having the same issue. Glad I looked back at this.

shibainu wrote:FYI: The unit I bought could not be recognized as a USB device when plugged into 4 different PC's. After further research lots of these devices were sent back for this reason. Apparently the block and proprietary cable that comes with the unit were less than marginal. IF you wish to keep the unit you can do the following: Amazon sells the block with micro-USB connector and cable as "Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Cable - USB 2.0 STAE100" (among others). The Seagate documentation says that all Goflex blocks are the same). I bought the Amazon for $16 ($10+6 S&H) and received a well packaged unit that works when plugged into the USB port. The driver is self loading.