zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

HP 15.6" Quad-Core Laptop
Price: $349.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jan 20 to Tuesday, Jan 21) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
12/22/2013 - $449.99 - 12 comment(s)

1/10/2014 - $449.99 (Woot Plus)
12/19/2013 - $399.99 (Woot Plus)
12/10/2013 - $399.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

HP 15.6" Quad-Core Laptop
Price: $349.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

alanbard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alanbard

the cpu in this has a 2400 rating on cpu benchmark... this means it's just about 50% more efficient that a good dual core. (1500/1700)
It is less then half the rating of a i7-920 (5 year old technology) which scores around 5500.
This is a fine computer for cruising the net.
If you are a scrapbooker with thousands of pictures etc it may have problems opening folders.

ronfronberg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ronfronberg

A 15.6" screen with only a resolution of 1366 x 768.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3142 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid review (4 out of 5 stars) over at laptopmag.com

Not sure which processor is right for you? Check out this handy processor guide

seulater

quality posts: 1 Private Messages seulater

Woot, what is the full part# of it. Is it the
HP Pavilion 2000-2D27CL
HP Pavilion 2000-2D27DX
or other ?

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

seulater wrote:Woot, what is the full part# of it. Is it the
HP Pavilion 2000-2D27CL
HP Pavilion 2000-2D27DX
or other ?

I'll see if we can get this info. I'll update you when I know more.

UPDATE: Unfortunately, we don't have a longer part number. Sorry.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

pakopako

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pakopako

I think I would rather have a rhYme-pad than this machine.

Who still has a link to the old Woot description that was two long images showing the dissatisfaction of users with non-touchscreen machines? (One user wanted to shoot their laptop, another lamented their horrible fate, and the one guy who didn't get touchscreens suddenly donned glasses and got punched in the face.)

All-in-all, the AMD A6 is a slightly above-budget processor. It has the advantage of giving you a full-sized keyboard (and not those cheap chiclet-keys) and a built-in optical drive (DVD/CD). Plus you can easily upgrade to more ram RAM or a bigger HDD (out of your own pocket).

The biggest issue is still Windows 8.1 on a non-touchscreen machine (and a low-resolution screen) will get annoying.

vixro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vixro

Keep in mind the simple fact that if you don't want Windows 8 on a non-touch screen system you can just install a operating system that suits you better. (assuming you own one or don't mind buying one)

mollygizerbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollygizerbunny
vixro wrote:Keep in mind the simple fact that if you don't want Windows 8 on a non-touch screen system you can just install a operating system that suits you better. (assuming you own one or don't mind buying one)

Or just install Classic Shell.

rseneres

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rseneres

It's worth reading about the "HP laptop keyboard problem" before purchasing an HP laptop. It may have been remedied by now, but it has been an exasperating problem with mine. HP laptops are typically great values.

drpuzzle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drpuzzle

With that last line about clickety click even if you're name isn't Rick, I figured we were one small step away from being RickRolled, you know?

blavia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blavia

People, would you buy Dr Schmidt's cure all elixir if you knew the moment you paid "poof" he was gone? Welcome to Woot service. I bought and paid, yes they took my cash immediately, but when they sent wrong items and after 5 emails/2 MONTHS -NOTHING. I cant imagine after paying this kind of money you would risk it!

justbrae1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justbrae1
alanbard wrote:
If you are a scrapbooker with thousands of pictures etc it may have problems opening folders.

This makes no sense. It will be just fine unless you plan on editing photos professionally. Its far above the core 2 duo line and that series was ahead of its own time. It has plenty of power for any average joe or "scrapbooker". Its simply not a productivity machine for a business user.

clover122221

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clover122221

Have to say, I LOVE the lack of a number pad. That (besides Windows 8) is my single greatest annoyance with today's laptops. The off-kilter touch pad irritates me to no end and is so awkward to use.

djkw418

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djkw418
blavia wrote:People, would you buy Dr Schmidt's cure all elixir if you knew the moment you paid "poof" he was gone? Welcome to Woot service. I bought and paid, yes they took my cash immediately, but when they sent wrong items and after 5 emails/2 MONTHS -NOTHING. I cant imagine after paying this kind of money you would risk it!

granted - this was before amazon came in... but i had no problem with their service on returning an item...

you do have to call them.

[MOD EDIT] Woot doesn't have a contact phone number. Email support@woot.com for assistance.

Brihen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brihen
djkw418 wrote:granted - this was before amazon came in... but i had no problem with their service on returning an item...

you do have to call them.

Please what is the phone number????

blacman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blacman
rseneres wrote:snip... HP laptops are typically great values.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with this statement. I bought an mid-level HP laptop (DV7) a couple yrs ago for my daughter as she was going away to school. In less than a year, the disk drive broke. I replaced that and it started shutting down on her a few weeks later. She tried to call HP support from school, but couldn't get through to a human and gave up (it's pretty confusing). 3 weeks later, she brought it home and I managed to get through. However, the warranty had ran out 3 days earlier and HP said too bad. Eventually I had it repaired (replaced mother board & memory) and it is still giving problems. I've seen other HP products built with similar poor quality. I used to love HP products (started with a Deskjet 500C back in the '80s), but HP appears to be a shell of its former self. I won't buy from them again until I see some significant improvement. Too many other good options.

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

blavia wrote:People, would you buy Dr Schmidt's cure all elixir if you knew the moment you paid "poof" he was gone? Welcome to Woot service. I bought and paid, yes they took my cash immediately, but when they sent wrong items and after 5 emails/2 MONTHS -NOTHING. I cant imagine after paying this kind of money you would risk it!

I'm so sorry for your experience. I've forwarded your info along; you should receive a response soon.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

jerminate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerminate

I would buy this laptop, but I have no idea if I can return the off-lease one I purchased previously that came in with a broken screen, as woot won't answer my emails with anything but an auto-responder...

jrpalma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrpalma

Looking for a low cost laptop, and the 500GB HD looks good (dual boot with Linux Mint), but no USB 3.0 (plus Win 8) kill the deal for me.

kayakernc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kayakernc

Just got an email ad from HP. Looks like HP got the memo. Slap in the face for MS.

"Windows 7 is back
Up to $150* savings on our latest PCs
Windows 7—back by popular demand Enjoy time limited savings on our latest HP notebook and desktop"
PCs—powered by the Intel® Core™ processor family running
Windows 7.

mcg11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcg11
kayakernc wrote:Just got an email ad from HP. Looks like HP got the memo. Slap in the face for MS.

"Windows 7 is back
Up to $150* savings on our latest PCs
Windows 7—back by popular demand Enjoy time limited savings on our latest HP notebook and desktop"
PCs—powered by the Intel® Core™ processor family running
Windows 7.

Acer has been selling several laptop models loaded with Windows 7, instead of Windows 8, all along. They must sell well enough that other manufacturers are starting to do the same. PC sales have been going way down, with HP having the worst sales, and I have to think the bad reputation of Windows 8 has something to do with it, it's not just the rise of tablets and smartphones. People want something that works. If I have a keyboard and trackpad attached to a screen, I don't really need a touchscreen O/S. A touchscreen operating system with a non-touchscreen monitor or laptop is even more absurd.

gehawk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gehawk

Cheaper at Walmart

[MOD EDIT] If you're going to post that something is cheaper, please provide a link so we can verify. We like to stay competitive.

rgfitz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rgfitz

Refurbished at Walmart looks similar:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Refurbished-Anodized-Silver-Sparkling-Black-15.6-Pavilion-15-n019wm-Laptop-PC-with-AMD-A6-5200-Quad-Core-Processor-4GB-Memory-750GB-Hard-Drive-a/33126520

If I was buying one, and I am not, I would consider the fact that it is easy to return things at Walmart and there is always free shipping to the store.

jebedezzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jebedezzer

Wow... Just fyi for anyone looking into this: Not a good deal. First off watch out because this computer has very outdated hardware, and is lacking in many areas. Secondly, its overpriced compared to other computers with the same specs lol. This is fairly standard and you can find a much better deal if you just want a bottom of the line computer. They are just luring in people with limited knowledge on computers by advertising "Quadcore" even though a QUADCORE AMD A6 is significantly weaker than most DUALCORE Intel processors. Hope this helps.

Also, walk in to Best Buy and you can get a lot cheaper.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/15-6-laptop-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive/3215006.p?id=1219089115046&skuId=3215006&st=hp%20laptop&cp=1&lp=6

jebedezzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jebedezzer
gehawk wrote:Cheaper at Walmart

[MOD EDIT] If you're going to post that something is cheaper, please provide a link so we can verify. We like to stay competitive.

Im not the guy who posted this, but I can confirm what he's saying... Not that hard to go to walmart.com haha here,

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Black-Licorice-15.6-2000-2d27CL-Laptop-PC-with-AMD-A6-5200-Accelerated-Processor-4GB-Memory-500GB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-8/28877441

But check out my above post for even cheaper at BestBuy ;)

irishspam

quality posts: 4 Private Messages irishspam

Does anyone know how well this laptop would play world of tanks, im looking forabove low graphics with at least 20 fps.

dj

dcraig42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcraig42

Just curious, did anyone else that bought this get a non-operational battery with the laptop? Is that expected for refurbished laptops?