lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Blue
Price: $229.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard or $15 Two-Day or $18 One-Day
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Blue
Price: $229.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $15 Two-Day OR $18 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Jan 21 to Wednesday, Jan 22) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
1/16/2014 - $229.99 (Woot-off) - 0 comment(s)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

Lots of good reviews at Target

Long promo video from HSN

stevef2222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevef2222

better and less money brand new...5yr warranty etc
http://www.sharkclean.com/products/shark-rocket-nls-vacuum-hv300/drtv/ogix/?utm_source=www.getsharkrocket.com&utm_medium=Infomercial&utm_campaign=offer9freesh1794pay

claynpotter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages claynpotter

It's good vacuum and the battery last enough to clean 2900 sq ft home and a mini van - I haven't run out of 'juice' while I was cleaning. I paid same DC44 refurb. one at Amazon for $20 more about a year ago. Good deal.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's check out dome additional info and solid reviews (4 out of 5 stars) over at product page

cosmicac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cosmicac

This is not a great deal, but it's an okay deal. If you shop around you can find a new one for about this price. I bought a refurb. DC35 from woot and if you're thinking of pulling the trigger on this deal, and you got to have it now, do it: Dyson Customer Service is stellar. No worries.

vlegran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vlegran

I won't buy another Dyson ever. I had my animal for almost 2 years and the panel in the head went out. Would have cost me more to repair that it was worth! Of course, it was out of warranty, and Dyson would do nothing! I know others have had good luck, but I won't rely on luck and buy another. Too bad they wouldn't help at least partially.

emilehou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emilehou

Who can tell me what the voltage DC44,please

JOdogface

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JOdogface

This comes with an inflexible aluminum wand. Does anyone know if it would accept the flexible hose from a regular upright dyson? Flexible hose would be better for vac'ing out car full of dog hair.

groberts1980

quality posts: 6 Private Messages groberts1980
JOdogface wrote:This comes with an inflexible aluminum wand. Does anyone know if it would accept the flexible hose from a regular upright dyson? Flexible hose would be better for vac'ing out car full of dog hair.

While I don't know if the flexible hose from the upright vac will fit this, I know you can remove the long aluminum wand and connect attachments directly to the unit. This basically makes the unit very small and easy to move around in the car. I do that for car vacuuming.

I have this exact unit and it's fantastic. I use it mainly to pick up dirt and dog hair from my tile and hard wood before mopping. Does an amazing job and is really convenient.

stellaglo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stellaglo

i might buy a dyson cordless animal cleaner.

daneyuleb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daneyuleb
stellaglo wrote:i might buy a dyson cordless animal cleaner.

Not me. All my animals have cords.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I'm still waiting for the Dyson wet-hairball puke cleaner and the Dyson "cling-on" carpet smear eraser.
I do love my cats, but.....

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

timhart1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timhart1

Remember Woot is Amazon and now and it's very difficult to get an order corrected. They sent me an electric comforter with the wrong controls and it has been difficult ever since to get it corrected. CAREFUL what you buy from AMAZON/WOOT! I was a long time wooter till I found out they were bought by Amazon. Service fell after Amazon bought Woot.

[mod note: I'll be checking in with CS for you]

flaura22

quality posts: 9 Private Messages flaura22

I bought this same model when it was new, using Amex points, and I LOVE it. When we first got it, my husband thought it was silly to have this one, since we also have the regular Dyson in the closet. Now he raves about this thing. He tells other people about it and says he couldn't have imagined it being such a great convenience.
2000 sq. foot house, 2 dogs & 2 cats. It is on the market right now and I have to vacuum daily. this thing makes my life sooooo much easier!

gwpriester

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gwpriester

Dyson is too clever by half.

Case in point, putting the heaviest part of the machine in the handle means that all the time you are vacuuming, you bearing the majority of the products weight.

Great if you are using the device to build arm strength, but poor design if you need to use this product for long periods of time.

Dyson designs beautiful devices but does not take into consideration the most simple aspect of good design. FUNCTION.

fgable

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fgable

I've had the DC35 for 2 years now. I use this 85% of the time on hardwood floors and love it. While we have practically replaced the broom with this unit, my wife still insists on brooming before wet mopping. 10% of the time it is used in hand-held mode using the short attachments. It is great for small (glitter) up to large (cat food) debris. 5% of the time it is used on carpet, where IMHO, its just not as good as a vacuum cleaner, so I only bother with short pile runners. Battery life allows me to do the entire kitchen, and the area rug perimeters in 3 rooms no problem. I always leave it in MAX mode. Wall storage/charger is the bomb! Con's are the awkward push button, motor controlled beater is weak for carpet, canister dirt storage is small and the need to "thoroughly" clean the unit every 4 months to maintain performance (beaters, tubes, cracks and crevasses). I am, Dyson for Life.

jcrusso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcrusso

I bought this around Thanksgiving. Pretty good, but the suction isn't quite as strong as I'd expect or like. We did have a bad clog in the floor attachment that was a pain to remove, but other than that, it's worked better than any of the small vacuums we've previously had.

dpotter8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpotter8
stevef2222 wrote:better and less money brand new...5yr warranty etc
http://www.sharkclean.com/products/shark-rocket-nls-vacuum-hv300/drtv/ogix/?utm_source=www.getsharkrocket.com&utm_medium=Infomercial&utm_campaign=offer9freesh1794pay

Ummmm......you fell for the marketing that Shark counts on........the Shark is CORDED. Shark and Dyson should not be used in the same sentence, much less compared.

RPopyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RPopyk

Some of the Dyson products will only operate for 3 or 4 seconds at a time. You have to keep hitting the start switch

slowmail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slowmail
emilehou wrote:Who can tell me what the voltage DC44,please

My DC44 (refurbished) charger supports 100-240V.

gtown06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtown06

It has been ten days since my order arrived with the wrong items. Woot has not acknowledged that I have submitted a complaint. Be weary!!!

[mod note: we'll be speaking to CS on your behalf!]

pturner3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pturner3
groberts1980 wrote:While I don't know if the flexible hose from the upright vac will fit this, I know you can remove the long aluminum wand and connect attachments directly to the unit. This basically makes the unit very small and easy to move around in the car. I do that for car vacuuming.

I have this exact unit and it's fantastic. I use it mainly to pick up dirt and dog hair from my tile and hard wood before mopping. Does an amazing job and is really convenient.

I got this model from Woot last time around. The Dyson flexable hose works. Keep in mind, that you have to keep the power button pressed to make it work. With one hand on the power, one on the wand, requires a very obedient pet. The flex hose does not have power wires, so it will not run the power head. But works with all air powered tools from Dyson.
All in all I love it! I got a Dyson animal 50, which is small and light and works great too.

onon

pturner3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pturner3
JOdogface wrote:This comes with an inflexible aluminum wand. Does anyone know if it would accept the flexible hose from a regular upright dyson? Flexible hose would be better for vac'ing out car full of dog hair.

I got this model from Woot last time around. The Dyson flexable hose works. Keep in mind, that you have to keep the power button pressed to make it work. With one hand on the power, one on the wand, requires a very obedient pet. The flex hose does not have power wires, so it will not run the power head. But works with all air powered tools from Dyson.
All in all I love it! I got a Dyson animal 50, which is small and light and works great too.
Here is the link for the hose.

http://www.dyson.com/tools/e/extension-hose/extensionhose-handheld.aspx?pid=DC35-Multi-Floor

Description indicates it fits all Dyson handhelds. It also extends the hose on my Dyson Animal 50

onon

wootmeup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootmeup

Is this the newly-redesigned model which has more power and longer battery time (20 min.)?

thenativesarerestless

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thenativesarerestless

sorry to interrupt

OT:
if there is a mod around or someone who can help w/CS....
for fear of getting a THIRD CS case number, I hesitate to contact support again. this is in re: an item received damaged. I contacted support on the 13th when the item was delivered . I didnt get a response so I just emailed again today (20th) and got another case number.
I have seldom had issues with woot! items. when I have, CS was usually right on top of things.
hope there is someone that can help - thanks.

/interruption

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

thenativesarerestless wrote:sorry to interrupt

OT:
for fear of getting a THIRD CS case number, I hesitate to contact support again. this is in re: an item received damaged. I contacted support on the 13th when the item was delivered . I didnt get a response so I just emailed again today (20th) and got another case number.
I have seldom had issues with woot! items. when I have, CS was usually right on top of things.

/interruption

Yo, I'm happy to help. I'll send your info along this afternoon. If you wanna PM me your case numbers and more info, you can do that here.

dfallik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dfallik

I bought this last year. It works great on tile/hardwood floors but it is terrible on carpet.

I have 3 cats and they track litter and hair all over the place. For whatever reason the attachments just don't work well on the carpet.

I didn't have this problem with the regular Dyson.

cliff702

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cliff702

The thing itself is a good vacuum.
We had two necessary parts replacement in first year. Still waiting for the second replacement (battery) after 6 weeks. A lot dust can accumulate!
And, when it's needs replacement again next year, will Dyson pay?

SavingSista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SavingSista
daneyuleb wrote:Not me. All my animals have cords.

I thought I was the only one.

brianmahan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianmahan

20 minute max run time on a 5.5 hour charge?!? really? and that detail seems to be missing in the description of the unit. completely pointless except to be used as a dirt devil - vacuum up a small spill, but to vacuum a room. but i guess, if i vacuumed 20 minutes a day every day - then my 3 bedroom house would be clean in a month's time? such a hassle to order, repackage and try to return and not get assessed a 15% restocking fee. ugh.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

brianmahan wrote:20 minute max run time on a 5.5 hour charge?!? really? and that detail seems to be missing in the description of the unit. completely pointless except to be used as a dirt devil - vacuum up a small spill, but to vacuum a room. but i guess, if i vacuumed 20 minutes a day every day - then my 3 bedroom house would be clean in a month's time? such a hassle to order, repackage and try to return and not get assessed a 15% restocking fee. ugh.

Sorry you are unhappy. This Dyson is meant as a quick touch-up vacuum or for small abodes. The battery life was even discussed in the forum.

Our returns are for defects only. There's a link to our return policy in my signature.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cindygarza0702

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cindygarza0702

Woot! Worse customer service ever! Don't buy this vacuum "factory" refurbished. I have purchased many refurbished items before. When I received this vacuum in the mail, it looks like I got it at a garage sale. It's dirty, all scuffed up, the felt is all worn, the metal all scratched.... Seriously doesn't seem like any part of this vacuum was replaced or cleaned during "factory refurbished". Return policy says for defective items to contact customer service and describe the issue you have with the item... Wrote a long email about this vacuum and waited for a week to hear back to get my return auth to send it back. I open my email from customer support and all it says is to look at customer support FAQ about returning defective items. SERIOUSLY.. That's exactly what I did. Now I have to wait another week for someone to email me back... AND u only have 21 days to return it. Funny how that works. I will def not buy from Woot again...

cindygarza0702

thenativesarerestless wrote:sorry to interrupt

OT:

/interruption

It's ridiculous. Same happening to me

cindygarza0702

gtown06 wrote:It has been ten days since my order arrived with the wrong items. Woot has not acknowledged that I have submitted a complaint. Be weary!!!

[mod note: we'll be speaking to CS on your behalf!]

Worse customer service agreed...