WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Chicago Cutlery

You haven't met Juke and Melwood Blades? They eat, sleep, and breathe one thing: cutlery. It doesn't matter if it's mincing a tomato or slicing a loaf of bread, they just love using cutlery. Why? Get your hands on some of this Chicago Cutlery, and find out for yourself.

karisk81

quality posts: 7 Private Messages karisk81

I received the 15-piece set (with the black handles) as a wedding gift and have been pretty happy with it. They're not high end, but they are fairly sharp and seem to be keeping an edge. We actually end up using the steak knifes as large paring knifes more than we use them as steak knifes. The included scissors are very nice and come in handy.

If you are in need of a knife set, you should probably just buy a nice chef's knife, a paring knife and a bread knife but if you feel like you need lots of knifes these will work well.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Once again, a "licensed" product.I have the same 34.99 set with another "famous" name.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

buyluver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buyluver
radi0j0hn wrote:Once again, a "licensed" product.I have the same 34.99 set with another "famous" name.

What name?

wootfertexas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootfertexas

Wonder why they still call these Chicago Cutlery. Seriously doubt they're made in Chicago.

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123
wootfertexas wrote:Wonder why they still call these Chicago Cutlery. Seriously doubt they're made in Chicago.

Probably the same reason the imported junky hand tools at harbor freight are "Pittsburgh" brand.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Once again, a "licensed" product.I have the same 34.99 set with another "famous" name.

buyluver wrote:What name?

Farberware...only with black handles.
Same knife election, same block, same Chinese maker.

The days of "trusted brand names" is fast becoming a joke.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

ventifact

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ventifact
davemays123 wrote:Probably the same reason the imported junky hand tools at harbor freight are "Pittsburgh" brand.

I Thought HF when I saw the orange handles.

--Don't look at the sun.

bobconger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobconger

We bought a product that claimed to be "Chicago" brand. One blade broke and nearly took out the wife's eye. Chicago Knives replaced the whole set with the top of the line knife set. No charge! The good ones are carbon steel, not stainless!

CaptStack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CaptStack

I like how "partoku" is impossible to spell in Japanese.

I'll pass. Any knife trying to make up Asian-sounding words is probably not worth your time (see: "ginsu")

abe117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abe117

I have these knives and had them for about 4 years, I love them, only downfall is that the scissors cannot cut ANYTHING.

zenrox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenrox

I am very happy with this knife, regardless its name or origin, it is balanced and has a nice 'heft'. I am really enjoying it and am chopping up a storm, If it is re-'Wooted', get you some!