zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

VIZIO 70" 1080p LED Smart TV with Wi-Fi
Price: $1199.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Friday, Jan 24 to Wednesday, Jan 29) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/27/2013 - $1,299.99 - 38 comment(s)
4/20/2013 - $1,299.99 - 57 comment(s)

8/19/2013 - $1,299.99 (Woot Plus)
7/29/2013 - $1,299.99 (Woot Plus)
7/1/2013 - $1,299.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

hillsideplumbco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hillsideplumbco

Mine came d.o.a, last time they were here should I dare try again? Must say though woot did an great job on the return

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3797 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page and "very good" review over at cnet

and

TONS of very good reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

jthebird1977

quality posts: 34 Private Messages jthebird1977

i love my vizios (not this model) and i have to say that vizio has stood by their products as far as customer service is concerned

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Nickker22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nickker22

I've bought a 37" vizio tv that crapped out on after two years... I'm hesitant on buying this..

lichme

quality posts: 3114 Private Messages lichme

PCmag.com has a pretty decent review

felix123

quality posts: 2 Private Messages felix123
Nickker22 wrote:I've bought a 37" vizio tv that crapped out on after two years... I'm hesitant on buying this..

I replaced the two TVs in my motorhome with Vizios and they have worked flawlessly for over three years. We have a 47" Vizio in our family room that is seven or eight years old. I trust Vizio products.

stevef2222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevef2222
felix123 wrote:I replaced the two TVs in my motorhome with Vizios and they have worked flawlessly for over three years. We have a 47" Vizio in our family room that is seven or eight years old. I trust Vizio products.

anything made by man can crap out, that's what warranties are for

me4sweetd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages me4sweetd

I think $1200 is a bit too rich for my blood to take a gamble on a brand that has some pretty poor reviews. Refurbed usually just add to the problems.

doc362

quality posts: 4 Private Messages doc362
me4sweetd wrote:I think $1200 is a bit too rich for my blood to take a gamble on a brand that has some pretty poor reviews. Refurbed usually just add to the problems.

Exactly.. I'll just wait for better sales. I'd rather spend twice as much and ensure quality.

Tiahaar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Tiahaar

ohhhhhh I almost bit on the 64" 3D Vizio a couple days ago, if this was 3D I'd do it! Although Vizio has decided to get out of the 3D market on their new sets my current one of theirs is fabulous and I must have 3D for movies.

micman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages micman

Will this arrive in time for the Super Bowl, Feb. 2?

Havokk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Havokk
Nickker22 wrote:I've bought a 37" vizio tv that crapped out on after two years... I'm hesitant on buying this..

wana sell it? Usually its just 3 capacitors on the power supply that need replacing. but ill buy it off ya for 50 bucks +shipping

kieranmullen1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kieranmullen1234

A new one from a certain Premium wholesale club is $1479 with free shipping.

Question! This is the slower refresh rate of 120 versus the other 240 for $500 more.

Is it noticeable?

Brad47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Brad47
doc362 wrote:Exactly.. I'll just wait for better sales. I'd rather spend twice as much and ensure quality.

I'm in the market for a 70" model but I agree, better to wait. The last "refurb" Vizio that I bought was DOA anyway. It is much better to buy new if you can wait for the prices to drop a little more. Sorry Woot, no TV sale yet.

kylelmccoy

quality posts: 13 Private Messages kylelmccoy

I own this TV. It is a great set - but it is MASSIVE. Make sure you have plenty of wall space. Other things to note: I paid $300 more new from Costco - It's still for sale there for $300 more than this. link
Make sure you buy a beefy mount for it - IT's not as heavy as you might think, but it is bulky too.
Wifi - make a note to buy a new router if yours is more than a few years old. Mine would not connect to my old netgear and I had to upgrade. (you'll be pleased all around if you spend $120 or more on it, everyone is much happier with better wifi in my house)
The only issue is that the other day it refused to turn off - had to unplug it and replug it in. HOWEVER - what I STRONGLY encourage you to do is spend the extra money on a squaretrade warranty. Standard is 1 year on these sets, Costco ups it by another year, and squaretrade gives you another 3 years (when you buy at costco.) Here you only get a year and 90 days. So - by the numbers - Cost here is 1204.99 with shipping, add another $179 for the warranty, that's $1383.99. It's $1479 at Costco (after $200 rebate) and warranty is $99.99 - $1579.98.

So for $200 more you can get a new model - with a five year warranty - at Costco. No membership? Membership will set you back $59 for the year, so it's still a savings.

Oh - and Costco has free delivery.

burdel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burdel
me4sweetd wrote:I think $1200 is a bit too rich for my blood to take a gamble on a brand that has some pretty poor reviews. Refurbed usually just add to the problems.

I have purchased a 65", 60", and a couple 40" tv's, all refurb. I have Never had a problem with any of them. I don't think referb has a negative connotation if it is a factory refurb.

[MOD: want to clarify that this is Refurbished, not Factory Reconditioned. ]

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
doc362 wrote:Exactly.. I'll just wait for better sales. I'd rather spend twice as much and ensure quality.

walmart had this for $998 black friday, new, not refurnished.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

willki

quality posts: 12 Private Messages willki

I bought this TV when it was on Woot previously. It's one of Four Vizio TVs (70", 60", and 2 42") that I own, ranging in Age from 6 years to just under one.

My thoughts:

I have this TV wall mounted in my basement, and have had no problems with it whatsoever. A couple things I did discover though - there is Picture in Picture function on the TV, however the remote does not show/support it. I happened across this as a happy accident by using the remote for my VX42L. That said, the remote programming codes are universal, so you should have no problem using PIP with a universal remote and the proper programming code.

As for the overall picture, sound, and functionality, I've been very impressed. My one complaint is that there is a bit of an audio sync issue when you first turn on the TV, but this can normally be resolved immediately by changing the channel or input.

tonyromano1544

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonyromano1544

I bought the 60in off of woot a few months ago. WARNING, I set it up and went to work. When I came home the TV wouldn't turn on again. Eventually the front LED wouldn't come on. The refurbisher (not woot) would take it back for an exchange but I had to pay for shipping! $300 later, I have my VIZIO and am overall happy with it. These things are heavy and a pain to return so keep it in mind.

denverbuckeye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denverbuckeye

I was "that guy" that waited in line at Walmart on Black Friday to get this TV for $998. It's wall mounted over my fireplace. I can't speak for longevity but the picture quality is excellent and it's gigantic. I couldn't be happier. People can moan all the want about the Vizio brand but it's not noticeably worse than the very best most expensive brands and well above the lower quality brands like Philips: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2013/03/find-the-best-plasma-and-lcd-tvs/index.htm

mardigrased

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mardigrased

Got mine Black Friday 998 and not a refurb. I love it zero complaints about this tv from me

NMSteiner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NMSteiner

What model year is this TV? I'm reading some reviews stating that their older model years have lots of problems with bright white dots developing over time.

ajmitch1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajmitch1

Has anyone tried connecting their laptop or MacBook Pro or other, and if so, what was the quality of the text (say from MS Word or Excel)? And, if so (again) did you use the HDMI input or VGA? Thanx

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
denverbuckeye wrote:I was "that guy" that waited in line at Walmart on Black Friday to get this TV for $998. It's wall mounted over my fireplace. I can't speak for longevity but the picture quality is excellent and it's gigantic. I couldn't be happier. People can moan all the want about the Vizio brand but it's not noticeably worse than the very best most expensive brands and well above the lower quality brands like Philips: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2013/03/find-the-best-plasma-and-lcd-tvs/index.htm

@denverbuckeye, not that Consumer Reports has much credibility, but they rate Vizio a tier down from Panasonic, Samsung, LG, and Sony.

If you want to save some bucks, fine - some folks have good luck with Vizio, but that doesn't mean Vizio is equivalent to the top brands.

One advantage of Vizio - they either are not big enough or chose not to play the universal pricing game... so with some shopping you can find them cheaper at alternative sources. Tough to do with Samsung or Sony.

bluemaple

burdel wrote:I have purchased a 65", 60", and a couple 40" tv's, all refurb. I have Never had a problem with any of them. I don't think referb has a negative connotation if it is a factory refurb.

@burdel, It does not appear Woot is claiming this TV to be Factory Recertified/Refurbished.

dbdavewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbdavewoot

I got one of these off woot back in the late 90'S and it is still working great..
15 years later

bdoug399

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bdoug399
kylelmccoy wrote:So for $200 more you can get a new model - with a five year warranty - at Costco. No membership? Membership will set you back $59 for the year, so it's still a savings.

FYI, all you need to shop at Costco is a gift card. So if there's a big ticket item you want and don't need a membership, just get a friend to buy you a $10 gift card and you can get in and shop. The overage of what you buy can be paid with a debit card, AMEX or cash like any other normal Costco purchases.

bluemaple

dbdavewoot wrote:I got one of these off woot back in the late 90'S and it is still working great..
15 years later

@dbdavewoot, wasn't Woot started in 2004?

methud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages methud

I'm not sure how refurbished is an issue.
Whatever is refurbished has common issues typically fixed by the manufacturer. I've bought a TV, DSLR, Roomba, laptop and Keurig from years past that have all been refurbished and still work today

ch333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ch333
kylelmccoy wrote:I own this TV. It is a great set - but it is MASSIVE. ...
So for $200 more you can get a new model - with a five year warranty - at Costco. No membership? Membership will set you back $59 for the year, so it's still a savings.

Do forget that at Costco, you have to pay tax too. That will set you back probably another $100, depending on the state.

blavia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blavia

I cant get any response for a mis-shipped $50 order and you're gonna trust WOOt with $1500? Caveat Emptor! No Service whatsoever!

[MOD:I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.]

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 131 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

kieranmullen1234 wrote:A new one from a certain Premium wholesale club is $1479 with free shipping.

Question! This is the slower refresh rate of 120 versus the other 240 for $500 more.

Is it noticeable?

Hey there! In case you'd like to read about refresh count, check out this article.
tl;dr: it's unlikely you'll need a refresh rate over 120Hz.

Audioman1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Audioman1

A few days before the Super Bowl they will be giving away last years models.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

micman wrote:Will this arrive in time for the Super Bowl, Feb. 2?

We have worked with our vendor to expedite the shipping to get them there in time but we can't guarantee it.

ALSO! Because of its size, it will ship freight. You MUST give a PHYSICAL address for delivery. If you give a PO box, you will not get it in time as we will have to email you for an address.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725
kieranmullen1234 wrote:A new one from a certain Premium wholesale club is $1479 with free shipping.

Is it noticeable?

I almost think 240 Hz is too much... it looks just too smooth and doesn't "feel" like TV anymore. You watch it and feel like something is off but you just can't put your finger on what...

I have this exact same TV and I've been in love since the day I put it up. I got it as a refurb right here from Woot and it has been a central attraction for football parties, movie nights, etc. We love to host and people love to come because the TV is so awesome!

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

bluemaple

agingdragqueen wrote:Hey there! In case you'd like to read about refresh count, check out this article.
tl;dr: it's unlikely you'll need a refresh rate over 120Hz.

@agingdragqueen, the naming/marketing games almost all the brands play with "Refresh Rate" requires careful research for a specific TV to determine what the real Panel refresh rate is (vs. processing/back-lighting games).

From this Woot, Features tab:

"120Hz Effective Refresh Rate"

Doesn't "Effective" indicate this is really a 60Hz panel with video processing/special back-lighting?

BTW, I suspect average folks watching TV/Movies will be perfectly happy with 60Hz. Some gaming and sports can benefit from true/real 120Hz TVs. (Those TVs, ironically, are likely claiming 240Hz via video processing/back-lighting tricks.)

Fake Refresh Rates

MeanieMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MeanieMan

I bought this TV from WalMart on black friday for $999.98. Its an amazing TV so far, the Smart aspect of it is easy to use, and the wifi works great on a 75/35 fiber connection.

I've got a HD box, Wii U, PS3, and XBox 360 plugged into right now. But so far the main uses are Pandora, Netflix and VUDU.

jgiannon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgiannon
brendan948725 wrote:I almost think 240 Hz is too much... it looks just too smooth and doesn't "feel" like TV anymore. You watch it and feel like something is off but you just can't put your finger on what...

I have this exact same TV and I've been in love since the day I put it up. I got it as a refurb right here from Woot and it has been a central attraction football parties, movie nights, etc. We love to host and people love to come because the TV is so awesome!

That isn't the refresh rate making your TV look like that.