dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Fen, there was a report on that on the news. It seems that the post office has cracked down on what they consider unusual sizes and shapes.
The machines are set up to read the envelope and code it (which is how I got mail that was mailed in TX and going to TX, the machine read the zip code wrong and nobody actually handles the mail)
Anything that has to be handled by humans cost 17cents more to mail. Doesn't have to be heavy, just the wrong shape.
This has always been so, but this year they started enforcing it.
If it is handmade and not totally flat it has to be handled by people too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
FenStar wrote:

Gorgeous picture, Fen.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Did you watch the squirrel?
We discovered that they did up the nut and make a hole. But when they burry the nut they are very careful to make it looked undisturbed.
We watched this one guy dig up an acorn, take a bite and then rebury it. Over and over (different acorns)
He would fluff up the grass after he buried one. He even put a fallen leaf over one buried one!
Plus he would push the acorn into the ground. Dig,dig,dig, shove, shove, cover with dirt, fluff up the grass and cover with a leaf!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pennylaned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennylaned
FenStar wrote:

Wow, those are some nice photos fen, and you said there was nothing cool in your state

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
pennylaned wrote:Wow, those are some nice photos fen, and you said there was nothing cool in your state

Oops, that was me, forgot to log her out

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
FenStar wrote:

I really like this one. . . might even be neat to use the background image and frame a spring image of the same tree next spring.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
darthv8r wrote:Oops, that was me, forgot to log her out

stay off her computer then! sheesh

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote:Fen, there was a report on that on the news. It seems that the post office has cracked down on what they consider unusual sizes and shapes.
The machines are set up to read the envelope and code it (which is how I got mail that was mailed in TX and going to TX, the machine read the zip code wrong and nobody actually handles the mail)
Anything that has to be handled by humans cost 17cents more to mail. Doesn't have to be heavy, just the wrong shape.
This has always been so, but this year they started enforcing it.
If it is handmade and not totally flat it has to be handled by people too.

Well, it fits within the size requirements, so...

Still single, can't imagine why.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp

Keeping myself out of trouble and off the streets during Christmas vacation, I decided to do a little "craft project" in my home shop...

A couple of the cats seem to enjoy it, and a couple others aren't yet climbing it. As pictured, Murray gives it 4 thumbs-up.

It'll go in the living room once the Christmas tree is disposed of. No room at the moment.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
gwp wrote:Keeping myself out of trouble and off the streets during Christmas vacation, I decided to do a little "craft project" in my home shop...

A couple of the cats seem to enjoy it, and a couple others aren't yet climbing it. As pictured, Murray gives it 4 thumbs-up.

It'll go in the living room once the Christmas tree is disposed of. No room at the moment.

Mr. GWP,
Um... is that a litterbox on top? A pooper with a view!

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
no1 wrote:Mr. GWP,
Um... is that a litterbox on top? A pooper with a view!

It may have been manufactured for that purpose, but has not been deployed with that function in mind nor desired. (Similar to the porcelain fixtures that become repurposed as religious icons in so many yards...)

The Crow's Nest, as I prefer to think of it, contains no litter, and is in fact, lined with carpet matching that on the perches, and has been thoroughly dosed with catnip. (Which accounts for the vacant look in Murray's eyes -- at least the part not caused by genetics...)

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

gwp wrote:It may have been manufactured for that purpose, but has not been deployed with that function in mind nor desired. (Similar to the porcelain fixtures that become repurposed as religious icons in so many yards...)

The Crow's Nest, as I prefer to think of it, contains no litter, and is in fact, lined with carpet matching that on the perches, and has been thoroughly dosed with catnip. (Which accounts for the vacant look in Murray's eyes -- at least the part not caused by genetics...)

Looks good! If we ever get a cat I'm going to try to get hubby to do something like that. The stairs have a cathedral celling with a skylight. It would give a cat a good 15 foot + climb to the skylight, where it must be warm as heck.
Of course, I haven't figured out how I would clean it.
And we don't have a cat.

But we do have a plan!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Looks good! If we ever get a cat I'm going to try to get hubby to do something like that. The stairs have a cathedral celling with a skylight. It would give a cat a good 15 foot + climb to the skylight, where it must be warm as heck.
Of course, I haven't figured out how I would clean it.

Ms. Name,
Tell Mr. Hubby to add a ramp from the stairs to the top of the tree, and set the Roomba on it. I'm sure the Roomba is smart enough not to go over the edge...

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
no1 wrote:Ms. Name,
Tell Mr. Hubby to add a ramp from the stairs to the top of the tree, and set the Roomba on it. I'm sure the Roomba is smart enough not to go over the edge...

Can roombas pick up cat poo?

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
darthv8r wrote:Oops, that was me, forgot to log her out

Pennylaned is v8r's wife? I had no idea.

Clearly I am not spending enough time lurking. (Although I think my hubby would disagree with that statement.)

darthv8r

JoeDeeDee wrote:Pennylaned is v8r's wife? I had no idea.

Clearly I am not spending enough time lurking. (Although I think my hubby would disagree with that statement.)

sometimes she claims me

SkekTek

gwp wrote:Keeping myself out of trouble and off the streets during Christmas vacation, I decided to do a little "craft project" in my home shop...

Oh my god, what if Murray decides to grab a gun and take out the dog?

darthv8r

SkekTek wrote:Oh my god, what if Murray decides to grab a gun and take out the dog?

game over man, game over

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

darthv8r wrote:sometimes she claims me

Did I know that?
I'll ask Poof If I knew that.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey

Hi Darth,
Pennylanded just doesn't want to brag that she landed you!!!

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
dontwantaname wrote:Did I know that?
I'll ask Poof If I knew that.

Hmm, thought everyone knew that. I forgot to post this for you yesterday. Have just a few minutes to post. Paperwork today, blah. We all know your love for photos.
Happy New Years!!! Take care of wootville!!!!!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z152/smorex2/disney1.jpg

darthv8r

terrybatey wrote:Hi Darth,
Pennylanded just doesn't want to brag that she landed you!!!

darthv8r

terrybatey wrote:Hmm, thought everyone knew that. I forgot to post this for you yesterday. Have just a few minutes to post. Paperwork today, blah. We all know your love for photos.

You too!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

terrybatey wrote:Hmm, thought everyone knew that. I forgot to post this for you yesterday. Have just a few minutes to post. Paperwork today, blah. We all know your love for photos.

I picture on the forums?
You are leaving us?
Got your life back? Enjoy!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

darthv8r

dontwantaname wrote:
You are leaving us?

She better not be!

SkekTek

It may not be a picture of me, but of my office goldfishes (goldfish?):
SkekTek's Fishcam

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:It may not be a picture of me, but of my office goldfishes (goldfish?):
SkekTek's Fishcam

Oh, it's DOCTOR SkekTek, is it? And here I've been calling you MISTER Tek all this time.

Deepest apologies, sir, for my oversight.

It's really nice to see you have an archive of fishcam shots so we can all see the growth and devlopment of those fish over time.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:Oh, it's DOCTOR SkekTek, is it? And here I've been calling you MISTER Tek all this time.

It's really nice to see you have an archive of fishcam shots so we can all see the growth and devlopment of those fish over time.

Yeah, over the last 10 minutes... It's my work site, so for the students, it's Dr. I don't make everyone else do that- I ain't no stuck up sticky-beak...

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:Yeah, over the last 10 minutes... It's my work site, so for the students, it's Dr. I don't make everyone else do that- I ain't no stuck up sticky-beak...

My dad has had the same 35-cent goldfish for about ten years. They're the size of golf balls, all chubby bunny and round. But I got no pictures, so I guess it's irrelevant in this forum.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:My dad has had the same 35-cent goldfish for about ten years. They're the size of golf balls, all chubby bunny and round. But I got no pictures, so I guess it's irrelevant in this forum.

Uh oh, the chubby bunny strikes again... The goldfish in the webcam cost me $0.10 a piece. They are the survivors of 60 feeder goldfish I used for a behavioral lab. Some got adopted, most died from whatever nasty stuff exists in feeder goldfish, these are the strongest, meanest, and toughest of the lot.

darthv8r

Dr. Tek! cool cam.

Arcalargo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arcalargo
darthv8r wrote:Dr. Tek! cool cam.

those are some sweet fish. May I have one Mr. Tek?

pennylaned

I only claim him when he doesn't wear his v8r suit in public!!

darthv8r

pennylaned wrote:I only claim him when he doesn't wear his v8r suit in public!!

LOL!

Strange, cuz I really enjoy it when you where your Queen Amidala mysterious mid drift shirt from episode 2!

pennylaned

darthv8r wrote:LOL!

Strange, cuz I really enjoy it when you where your Queen Amidala mysterious mid drift shirt from episode 2!

complete with bad acting!!

darthv8r

pennylaned wrote:complete with bad acting!!

Ha!

Well at least my v8r costume is better than just wearing my thong out, right?

pennylaned

darthv8r wrote:Ha!

Well at least my v8r costume is better than just wearing my thong out, right?

So true, so true.

darthv8r

pennylaned wrote:So true, so true.

ALright, got to get back to work

*strips down to thong*
*dances to day tripper*

pennylaned

darthv8r wrote:ALright, got to get back to work

*strips down to thong*
*dances to day tripper*

ha ha ha

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
kenney9226 wrote:Oh, it's DOCTOR SkekTek, is it? And here I've been calling you MISTER Tek all this time.

Mister? I thought SkekTek was a girl! Guess I'm even more out of the loop than the other people.

Still single, can't imagine why.