zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

800TC 6pc Sheet Set - 6 Colors - 2 Sizes
Price: $44.99 - 49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, Jan 30 to Friday, Jan 31) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/3/2013 - $44.99-49.99 - 39 comment(s)

11/14/2013 - $44.99 - 49.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

800TC 6pc Sheet Set - 6 Colors - 2 Sizes
Price: $44.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Size: Queen-$44.99

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

fat50strat

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fat50strat

55% cotton, 45% poly.

Nope. Fool me once...

I was drunk for my first woot...now I can't stop coming here.

soren216

quality posts: 3 Private Messages soren216

One reason I can think of to buy these sheets is to count the threads once all the sheep in the world turn evil and try to eat you once you start to count them(yes, even if you only count them in your head).

simoco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simoco

Why are all the sheets sets never 100% cotton?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Ever ask yourself the question "what does thread count really mean?"

conanthelibrarian

I gotta say, I am totally ignorant when it comes to sheets. Can anyone give this bachelor some tips? I did find these helpful tips but was hoping for a few more.

ajschumacher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajschumacher

Bought these. My girlfriend gave them back because she said they felt like hotel curtains. I wish I could return them.

45% polyester. Garbage.

timefortag

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timefortag

Sorry, never again will I get a cotton/polyester bed sheet. The last one I got at Target, pilled all over on the places I moved around a lot, and what a horrible feeling the pills are. Now I pay more for 100% pure cotton. But these would make a great gift to an aunt you are not so fond of I guess.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Apparently "thread count" on cheap sheets is alike "peak music power" on cheap stereos.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter
radi0j0hn wrote:Apparently "thread count" on cheap sheets is alike "peak music power" on cheap stereos.

Yeah, these go to 11.

bmann47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmann47

Bought these in Oct they are poor quality. They ripped. Do not waste your money!

Mooklyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mooklyn
conanthelibrarian wrote:I gotta say, I am totally ignorant when it comes to sheets. Can anyone give this bachelor some tips? I did find these helpful tips but was hoping for a few more.

1. Always buy 100% cotton sheets. Unless you like sleeping on the little "pills" (fuzzballs) that poly will inevitably build up.
2. Never buy lower than 200 thread count (200 threads per inch). Too "loose," won't hold up. But 200s are great if they are constructed of thick enough thread. Anything over 200 is a crap shoot for what you're really getting.
3. Real long-staple Egyptian cotton is amazing, smooth, strong, but there are so many weasel words out there implying or lying about being Egyptian cotton, it's tough to make sure that's what you're getting.
4. Percale weave, which has an equal number of horizontal and vertical threads, feels "crunchy" when new. Will take probably about 20 launderings before you start to see the beauty of the crisp, smooth, looooooooong-wearing weave. I have a set of percale sheets I gave my mother 30 years ago, for example.
5. Sateen weave, which has more threads running vertically than horizontally, or maybe the other way around, feels silky after the first washing and keeps feeling silky, but in my sheet ownership experience, doesn't last as long. Not as sturdy.
6. Corners ripping out is a given on cheap sheets. They skimp on construction as well as material.
7. I have been extremely happy with my 100% cotton sheet purchases here on Woot. Holding up well in my rental cottage and in my home.

advancedanr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages advancedanr
conanthelibrarian wrote:Ever ask yourself the question "what does thread count really mean?"

Well its like this, try to imagine laying on one thread then 100 threads then 500 threads, getting the picture Now? More threads means it's Soft and comfortable.

drmaxdog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drmaxdog
Mooklyn wrote:1. Always buy 100% cotton sheets. Unless you like sleeping on the little "pills" (fuzzballs) that poly will inevitably build up.
2. Never buy lower than 200 thread count (200 threads per inch). Too "loose," won't hold up. But 200s are great if they are constructed of thick enough thread. Anything over 200 is a crap shoot for what you're really getting.
3. Real long-staple Egyptian cotton is amazing, smooth, strong, but there are so many weasel words out there implying or lying about being Egyptian cotton, it's tough to make sure that's what you're getting.
4. Percale weave, which has an equal number of horizontal and vertical threads, feels "crunchy" when new. Will take probably about 20 launderings before you start to see the beauty of the crisp, smooth, looooooooong-wearing weave. I have a set of percale sheets I gave my mother 30 years ago, for example.
5. Sateen weave, which has more threads running vertically than horizontally, or maybe the other way around, feels silky after the first washing and keeps feeling silky, but in my sheet ownership experience, doesn't last as long. Not as sturdy.
6. Corners ripping out is a given on cheap sheets. They skimp on construction as well as material.
7. I have been extremely happy with my 100% cotton sheet purchases here on Woot. Holding up well in my rental cottage and in my home.

I am married and maintained a house for 28 years, and I still learned something from this helpful post!

And I concur with what everyone else has said. DON'T BUY THESE!! 100% Cotton is the way to go. I, too, hastily purchased a previous woot for sheets that were a poly blend. My husband noticed the second he went to bed, took them off immediately and donated them to one of those places that collects old clothes. Lesson learned.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Fits mattresses up to 17" deep? This means the pockets are 14-15", just FYI. Haven't met a manufacturer yet who rates their pockets the way a consumer would imagine.

johnericm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnericm

Can anyone advise? Can you get blood out of these sheets? I mean a lot of blood. Not asking for me asking for my friend Dexter.

philgonet

quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet
ajschumacher wrote:... My girlfriend ...said they felt like hotel curtains.

Hope I never stay in THAT hotel room...

tallguy425

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tallguy425
simoco wrote:Why are all the sheets sets never 100% cotton?

I got these from woot. they are 100% cotton.

http://home.woot.com/offers/800tc-100-cotton-sheet-set-4-sizes-5-colors-1

gapotter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gapotter

These are NOT 800 Thread Count.

They are "800 TC" - VERY DIFFERENT.

This is a deceptive trend that has been happening for about 2 years. I'm ashamed at you, WOOT!

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
firebirdude wrote:Fits mattresses up to 17" deep? This means the pockets are 14-15", just FYI. Haven't met a manufacturer yet who rates their pockets the way a consumer would imagine.

That also means it will not fit my normal sized 8" mattress correctly. The sheets will 'move' once slept in and I will have to 're-adjust' the sheets daily, never to have them fit quite right.

nbirnbaum2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nbirnbaum2

buy 100% cotton at least 300tc

conanthelibrarian wrote:I gotta say, I am totally ignorant when it comes to sheets. Can anyone give this bachelor some tips? I did find these helpful tips but was hoping for a few more.

nathan birnbaum

inthedark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inthedark
johnericm wrote:Can anyone advise? Can you get blood out of these sheets? I mean a lot of blood. Not asking for me asking for my friend Dexter.

It might be hard for him to get a lot of blood out, try cold water with peroxide. Next time tell your friend Dexter to cover everything with plastic sheeting.

ubermick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ubermick

So probably 2-ply weave, and a poly blend.

Which means they're about as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition.

jbellanti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbellanti

I got the fitted sheet from this set in my recent Bug-eyed Organic Creature. It had a giant hole torn in it. The epitome of crap... hopefully the full set is better.

philgonet

quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet
jbellanti wrote:I got the fitted sheet from this set in my recent Bug-eyed Organic Creature. It had a giant hole torn in it. The epitome of crap...

Hence the name... BaG of CarP

conanthelibrarian

Mooklyn wrote:1. Always buy 100% cotton sheets. Unless you like sleeping on the little "pills" (fuzzballs) that poly will inevitably build up.

Thanks for the tips! I typically use either sheets that a friend buys for me (because she knows I am clueless about this stuff) or I go to Target and buy a set of cheap jersey sheets. She also buys my blankets and pillows for me. Wow, had no clue how helpless I really am!
Thanks you for all the tips, I now have some very helpful additional information if I ever want to venture out and buy some on my own.

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT
inthedark wrote:It might be hard for him to get a lot of blood out, try cold water with peroxide. Next time tell your friend Dexter to cover everything with plastic sheeting.

Rub table salt on the stain.

gg11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gg11

WOOT When will you reply to my refund message dated Jan 12 ?????

[mod note: we'll check in with CS for you]

stevematlbch

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stevematlbch

i have yet to encounter a stain I cannot remove with that oxy-clean (oxy-magic, maybe other names) stuff. Ignore the directions. Make a paste and apply it heavily. Let it sit a couple hours. Wash. Extreme cases could need a 2nd shot at it. Note, if you see the stain after washing, but before drying, don't dry the thing. That seems to to set the stain in more.

gg11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gg11
gg11 wrote:WOOT When will you reply to my refund message dated Jan 12 ?????

[mod note: we'll check in with CS for you]

Thanks. Just rcvd ur e-mail...all is now OK

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari
simoco wrote:Why are all the sheets sets never 100% cotton?

Because they're sateen sheets nobody wants and they're trying to get suckers to buy them.

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman

Buy these sheets to use in a guest room if you don't like company getting too comfortable and staying too long.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12
conanthelibrarian wrote:Thanks for the tips! I typically use either sheets that a friend buys for me (because she knows I am clueless about this stuff) or I go to Target and buy a set of cheap jersey sheets. She also buys my blankets and pillows for me. Wow, had no clue how helpless I really am!
Thanks you for all the tips, I now have some very helpful additional information if I ever want to venture out and buy some on my own.

Mooklyn is spot on. If you buy quality, you will likely have sheets for a lifetime. I wish I had known more when I was starting out, but at least NOW I buy quality & have never ha to replace a set of percale sheets, even with 2 boys in the house. I also ALWAYS buy white...that way, no matter what happens, you can always bleach them. White towels & white sheets are the way to go. They seem high maintenance at first glance, but they are the absolute easiest to maintain long term & you can always breathe new life into them again by a simple overnight soak with a cup of bleach in your washer... MUCH better to spend more now on linens that last than to end up replacing cheap ones over & over & over. I also HIGHLY recommend Turkish bath towels. They are a little weird for westerners to get used to, as they are a flat weave, but they wear like iron, they absorb a ton more than terry & they feel amazing after a few washes. They also reduce frizz for anyone who happens to have curly hair. Terry is the WORST thing you can put on wet hair if you have any curl to it. It causes frizz before you even get started.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

pturner3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pturner3
radi0j0hn wrote:Apparently "thread count" on cheap sheets is alike "peak music power" on cheap stereos.

Most excellent reply! -

I recently found the brand Peacock Alley 'Hotel' line at a Tuesday Morning store. 100% Egyptian cotton, 350 thread count. Very nice sheets. Fits mattress up to 21"

Higher thread count means better quality. My research shows that is true up to 400tc. Numbers past that are like 1000w RMS ratings on off brand car amplifiers from China.

clintone

quality posts: 12 Private Messages clintone
Kuragari wrote:Because they're sateen sheets nobody wants and they're trying to get suckers to buy them.

Sateen doesn't necessarily mean that it's not 100% cotton. I've got a set of sateen linens that are all cotton. As I've gotten older and find it tougher to get out of bed, sateen is nice because it makes it just a bit easier to slide out of bed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that these may ship out a few days later than normal. The company is in the NE where they got hammered with the snow. The boxes are all ready to go but FedEx won't come pick them up.

So hang tight. The snow has to melt sometime.

Apparently, FedEx doesn't subscribe to the USPS creed.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items