WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Does your dog bite?
  • 10.1% - Yes. 308
  • 38.2% - No. 1163
  • 51.6% - That is not my dog. 1570
3041 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

theco2

quality posts: 64 Private Messages theco2

Does this look like the face of a dog that bites? I couldn't get him to bite, if I wanted to.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

theco2 wrote:Does this look like the face of a dog that bites? I couldn't get him to bite, if I wanted to.

I couldn't get this dude to bite anything other than food, either.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

jimmygiant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmygiant

E) a line from one of the funniest movies ever made, or maybe you weren't alive then?

kerryb43

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerryb43

Says the Pink Panther!

ceagee

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee

edugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edugs

yes, he's a 100+ lb doberman... if he didn't bite he couldn't eat.. as far as people... no.. he'll lay his head and fall asleep on you.. ferociously and viciously.

mcden

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcden

Thank you - this made me laugh on a day when I need a laugh. And I don't even have a dog! Saw that movie in high school and still it makes me smile!

jimmygeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmygeek

All dogs bite. Otherwise, there would be no dogs at all, because most all organisms have to bite in order to eat.

Well-played trick question, Woot!, well-played!

megadad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadad
ceagee wrote:

If only Woot had written the question in a French accent. Does your dooooog bye-tuh?

-------
MegaDad
"I'm a Mawg: half-man, half-dog. I'm my own best friend."
Spaceballs

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick

Nah, they'll just lick you to pieces. Thor will nip me though, because he gets frustrated if I'm not paying attention to him. He will then immediately lie down in shame... because he's dumb.

Photobucket sucks. I really need to move my pics...

jakelonergan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakelonergan

ALL dogs bite. Anyone who tells you differently is hallucinating. I can tell you this as a mailman. I have been bitten three times by dogs that "don't bite", my wife twice and one of those was quite severe. It's a DOG and nothing will change that. You CAN'T make a contract with it stating it won't bite. I could be rich if I could copyright, "Gee, I've never seen him do THAT before." The correct statement is, "My dog doesn't bite...me" and that is true, we have had two consecutive rescue dogs that would never bite...us.

And guess what, the mailman/utilities guy/cable man NEVER loses the ensuing lawsuit.

PhotoLex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PhotoLex

It's not my minky

jakelonergan

jimmygeek wrote:All dogs bite. Otherwise, there would be no dogs at all, because most all organisms have to bite in order to eat.

Well-played trick question, Woot!, well-played!

Hear him! Hear him!

gwal01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwal01

"Does this look like the face of a dog that bites?"

What does the face of a dog that does bite look like???

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 17 Private Messages daveinwarshington

They bite only squirrels, hamburgers and bronco stuff.

Go SEAHAWKS

cosmo73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmo73

Yep,anything that gets in his 6 acre woods.

exjoburger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exjoburger
jimmygiant wrote:E) a line from one of the funniest movies ever made, or maybe you weren't alive then?

Definitely an all time classic movie, want to burst out laughing here at my desk thinking of it.

wmessing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wmessing

Love the Pink Panther! Nice poll.

atherea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atherea

Play-biting, but that's it. His problem is jumping on people because he loves them too much, but won't even consider letting us trim his claws.

He's an 80-pound puppy, and not even three of us can wrangle him to trim them. The only time he's had them done since he was a baby was when he went in to be neutered and he was knocked out.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
jakelonergan wrote:ALL dogs bite. Anyone who tells you differently is hallucinating. I can tell you this as a mailman. I have been bitten three times by dogs that "don't bite", my wife twice and one of those was quite severe.

Am I hallucinating or did you say your wife bit you twice?

One too many door to door salesmen showed up at our house and my mother had had enough. He asked does your dog bite and my mother cheerfully answered, "I hope so." He left very quickly.

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

I always thought this was a stupid question. Yes, my dog bites. Will he bite you? I dunno? Maybe?

My dog bites me all the time. I deserve it. I usually bite him first.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
manhandsha wrote:I couldn't get this dude to bite anything other than food, either.

Ew. How many complaints have been filed at the office for the wet-dog-smelling carpet?

Catz Rool!

daveinwarshington

Fluffy wouldn't bite (much)

daveinwarshington

Ahh.. That one scares me...

jakelonergan

zekecatz wrote:Am I hallucinating or did you say your wife bit you twice?

One too many door to door salesmen showed up at our house and my mother had had enough. He asked does your dog bite and my mother cheerfully answered, "I hope so." He left very quickly.

Yes, I believe you are. From the sentence construction, I do not reach the same conclusion you do.

jakelonergan

zekecatz wrote:Am I hallucinating or did you say your wife bit you twice?

As I say it over and over in my head with different inflections I do see how you got there. LOL! Let me amend, "my wife has been bitten twice." How's that?

dkm1new

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dkm1new
jakelonergan wrote:ALL dogs bite. Anyone who tells you differently is hallucinating. I can tell you this as a mailman. I have been bitten three times by dogs that "don't bite", my wife twice and one of those was quite severe. It's a DOG and nothing will change that. You CAN'T make a contract with it stating it won't bite. I could be rich if I could copyright, "Gee, I've never seen him do THAT before." The correct statement is, "My dog doesn't bite...me" and that is true, we have had two consecutive rescue dogs that would never bite...us.

And guess what, the mailman/utilities guy/cable man NEVER loses the ensuing lawsuit.

You've been bitten by your wife twice? Who won THAT ensuing lawsuit?

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

My cat thinks it's a dog!
She begs, rolls over, eats weird stuff, and barfs when it is upset or eats the wrong stuff.
She is territorial.
She is fearless of dogs.
She has a strong belief system - she believes she can kick other dogs butts.
So far - she's right.

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

bigbige99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigbige99

Do NOT buy from Woot. Last two purchases for the family have been seriously mishandled. After two weeks and not having received my treadmill (birthday present for wife) I emailed Woot customer Service. Took them over a week to respond with "sorry, your shipment has been misplaced." This was a $600.00 order. Could not resend because item sold out. Saw item for sale a week later. The wife bought a glass drink holder that showed up without a lid. She emailed cust service and again over a week to respond. Offer this time was a partial refund to keep the item minus the lid, or return for full refund. Since no details were provided with how to return she emailed again asking for details on how to do so. This time a two week delay so she emailed again. Finally she received a return envelope prepaid by woot that said "if you have questions please call 123-456-7890". Absolute joke. Coming from a diehard woot fan. I will Never buy from Woot again. Just hoping to save others from same headaches. Clearly the Woot team could care less about getting things right. That used to not be the case.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

bigbige99 wrote:Do NOT buy from Woot. Last two purchases for the family have been seriously mishandled. After two weeks and not having received my treadmill (birthday present for wife) I emailed Woot customer Service. Took them over a week to respond with "sorry, your shipment has been misplaced." This was a $600.00 order. Could not resend because item sold out. Saw item for sale a week later. The wife bought a glass drink holder that showed up without a lid. She emailed cust service and again over a week to respond. Offer this time was a partial refund to keep the item minus the lid, or return for full refund. Since no details were provided with how to return she emailed again asking for details on how to do so. This time a two week delay so she emailed again. Finally she received a return envelope prepaid by woot that said "if you have questions please call 123-456-7890". Absolute joke. Coming from a diehard woot fan. I will Never buy from Woot again. Just hoping to save others from same headaches. Clearly the Woot team could care less about getting things right. That used to not be the case.

Sorry for the trouble. I've forwarded your info; you should receive a response soon. Again, apologies. :/

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

genocyber36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genocyber36

I have a German Shepherd. I tell people he is friendly, and I tell them that for two reasons. 1) my mom (for as long as I can remember (because she was attacked by a GSD when she was a child)) has been EXTREMELY afraid of just about any dog, yet, she takes my dog for walks and feeds him and gives him treats. 2) woke up one afternoon to see the front door open, remembered furnace repairman was supposed to be out to fix it (rental property) and my dog was inside. ran downstairs to make sure everything was okay and my dog was carrying his toy and playing with the repairman. w.t.f. some monster of a watch dog he is. though, to be honest, he seams to know who supposed to be there and who isn't.

NavyStore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages NavyStore

I've got 2 German Shepherds - they only bite on command, but they sure use their mouths to grab your hand and lead you to the back door so they can go potty...

daveinwarshington

manhandsha wrote:Sorry for the trouble. I've forwarded your info; you should receive a response soon. Again, apologies. :/

My purchases from woot! have always been quick and in good condition!

GO SEAHAWKS

melikeycheapy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melikeycheapy

Oh, where has the Pink Panther gone???