agingdragqueen

quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Have you already met the teams and the players over in the blog? And surely by now you've already watched the bowl! What were your personal highlights? Lowlights? General feelings of apathy?

If you haven't already seen, we have a commemorative shirt up over here for a mere $10. If you aren't the paying type, we'll have a sweepstakes you can enter at 2pm (Seahawks' time) to win one of four coupons to go snag yourself a Cockroach bowl tee, so stay tuned!

Sweepstakes STARTS at 2pm PT/4pm CT (so pls don't enter until then), but the T&Cs can be found below/here.

Below/here's also a FAQ about sweeps like this.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 45 Private Messages dernst_ca1
agingdragqueen wrote:Have you already met the teams and the players over in the blog? And surely by now you've already watched the bowl! What were your personal highlights? Lowlights? General feelings of apathy?

If you haven't already seen, we have a commemorative shirt up over here for a mere $10. If you aren't the paying type, we'll have a sweepstakes you can enter at 2pm (Seahawks' time) to win one of four coupons to go snag yourself a Cockroach bowl tee, so stay tuned!

It was a well matched game, however the Atoms were too keen to the Scavengers scrambles and the Atoms were constantly called for too many players on the field. I was mostly glad to see that it was a night game, as both teams play pretty lousy during the day and as such spend it in hiding...

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

agingdragqueen

Staff

dernst_ca1 wrote:It was a well matched game, however the Atoms were too keen to the Scavengers scrambles and the Atoms were constantly called for too many players on the field. I was mostly glad to see that it was a night game, as both teams play pretty lousy during the day and as such spend it in hiding...

So true. The Cockroach season usually plays out in evening games, we're just glad they're finally getting a little bit of recognition.

agingdragqueen

Staff

The Cockroach Bowl Commemorative Tee Sweepstakes!

Woot is offering one coupon for a Cockroach Bowl tee to four randomly selected people whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date and time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 4:00 p.m. (CT) on February 2, 2014 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 8:00 p.m. (CT) on February 2, 2014.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I’m watching the Cockroach Bowl!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.
  • Amazon/Woot and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members, and associates enrolled in the Amazon Associates program are not eligible to participate.
  • Before receiving a prize, winners must agree to a release provided by Woot.
  • Woot reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time.
  • The winner’s name will be posted online after the promotion concludes below this posting.
  • This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
  • All information submitted to Woot is treated in accordance with Woot’s Privacy Policy. (http://www.woot.com/privacy)

agingdragqueen

Staff

General FAQ
or feel free to ask anything in the thread!

Q. Do I need to put anything in the body of the email/ make a guess on the item?
A. Nope. It's just that easy- correct subject line (or close enough variation), everything else is gravy.

Q. How are you picking the winners?
A. Nothing too fancy- I wait til the end of the hour and let Outlook catch up. I eliminate any ineligible emails (not within the correct time, not the right subject) and then determine how many I have. I use a random number generator to choose between 1 (the first received email) and however many responses I got.

Q. What's that release your rules are mentioning?
A. You are wise to be suspicious of legalese. It's basically so we can get confirmation you agreed to the terms & conditions (linked above), the most harrowing of which is that we want to post your name in this thread.

Q. So what happens if you don't hear back from the winner?
A. We're giving everyone until end of day 02/07 to respond. If they do not by then, we have all eligible emails saved and we'll redraw likely with a shorter time to respond to that email.

Q. How much do you want to smack all the people who are emailing you beyond the time limit you've provided?
A. You don't even know.

Q. I REALLY FOR SOME REASON NEEDED TO REPLY WITH A BLANK COMMENT QUOTING YOUR RULES BUT IT'S BEEN DELETED OR SOMETHING WHAT'S UP WITH THAT
A. I don't even know why you're doing that, of course I'm going to delete it! If you need to keep those rules in one of your posts then add something! Anything!

aaee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee
agingdragqueen wrote:The Cockroach Bowl Commemorative Tee Sweepstakes!

Woot is offering one coupon for a Cockroach Bowl tee to four randomly selected people whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date and time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions
  • Promotion begins at 4:00 p.m. (CT) on February 2, 2014 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 8:00 p.m. (CT) on February 2, 2014.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I’m watching the Cockroach Bowl!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.
  • Amazon/Woot and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members, and associates enrolled in the Amazon Associates program are not eligible to participate.
  • Before receiving a prize, winners must agree to a release provided by Woot.
  • Woot reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time.
  • The winner’s name will be posted online after the promotion concludes below this posting.
  • This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
  • All information submitted to Woot is treated in accordance with Woot’s Privacy Policy. (http://www.woot.com/privacy)

Cool.. so, in an hour

lichme

quality posts: 3182 Private Messages lichme
agingdragqueen wrote:General FAQ
or feel free to ask anything in the thread!

Where do babies come from?

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

gti87

quality posts: 11 Private Messages gti87
lichme wrote:Where do babies come from?

From here of course. DUHHH!!

dernst_ca1

Email sent

-JMHSRV

drtool

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drtool

Someone told me there was a big game on today ,glad I found it.

dernst_ca1

Yup - only game in town

-JMHSRV

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

Missed the contest, but I was the 1st sucker for the shirt so I'm already a winner!