lordhep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordhep

I have a dream! That wooters might be judged not by the content of their hoarder domain but by the ontents of their woot.com shopping cart!

What better way to induce a compulsion to add a heated toilet seat to your cart than the knowledge that it is only going to be there for 10 minutes! or 30 minutes! or maybe WHAT?! MORE TRIBBLES?! 2 stinking days??? Well maybe not two days.

But I think there should be a permanent woot site that has a random rotation of items on a limited timer. Maybe get some overstock crap that wasn't overstocked enough to make it into a normal woot.

And hope I don't get shot for suggesting such an idea. Or if I do that government and woot employees get to skip work that day and there is a street in every city named after me, or my initials in the event 10 already exist there.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
lordhep wrote:I have a dream! That wooters might be judged not by the content of their hoarder domain but by the ontents of their woot.com shopping cart!

What better way to induce a compulsion to add a heated toilet seat to your cart than the knowledge that it is only going to be there for 10 minutes! or 30 minutes! or maybe WHAT?! MORE TRIBBLES?! 2 stinking days??? Well maybe not two days.

But I think there should be a permanent woot site that has a random rotation of items on a limited timer. Maybe get some overstock crap that wasn't overstocked enough to make it into a normal woot.

And hope I don't get shot for suggesting such an idea. Or if I do that government and woot employees get to skip work that day and there is a street in every city named after me, or my initials in the event 10 already exist there.

So...like a woot-off?

Edit: maybe you're saying a 24/7 woot-off site that allows you to keep the items you added to your cart? As in, they wouldn't expire or be removed from cart just because the sale ended. And if you have a chance to add it to your cart, you can buy it later unless it REALLY sells out. (in which case it is removed from cart)
It's like giving the impulse buyer more time to decide...

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
lordhep wrote:I have a dream! That wooters might be judged not by the content of their hoarder domain but by the ontents of their woot.com shopping cart!

Yeah, it sounds like you're asking for wootoff.com. But then wooting off wouldn't be as much fun.

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

You do know that random.woot.com actually already exists don't you?

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

How about a digital! or download! addition? eBooks, music, music scores, applications, videos, etc..

But I suppose that has already been discussed somewhere.