skillernkr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skillernkr

The Dyson DC24 vacuum arrived today. After putting it together and plugging it in, the rotating brush head assembly will not swivel around the ball, which is the whole point of this vacuum for me. After inspecting it closely, I determined that the "swivel lock" part (I got the name from vacuum-direct.com website was not rising up and out of the way like it should, so it was locking the swivel action. I was able to just lift the swivel lock straight up and out of the way since it was BROKEN. The vacuum runs fine and seems to have good suction. But this piece seems necessary to make it function correctly. There was a very formal official looking letter from Dyson included in the documents stating "This Dyson vacuum has been refurbished. Dyson engineers have stripped it down, cleaned it out, replaced any necessary new parts, and then tested it thoroughly. I short, it's everything a Dyson machine should be. A vacuum that works properly and doesn't lose suction." It goes on to say there is a six month warranty against original defects in materials and workmanship. I guess I now have to go through Dyson to see if they have a spare part for this thing. What a hassle. May be the last Woot item I buy. Unhappy!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

skillernkr wrote:The Dyson DC24 vacuum arrived today. After putting it together and plugging it in, the rotating brush head assembly will not swivel around the ball, which is the whole point of this vacuum for me. After inspecting it closely, I determined that the "swivel lock" part (I got the name from vacuum-direct.com website was not rising up and out of the way like it should, so it was locking the swivel action. I was able to just lift the swivel lock straight up and out of the way since it was BROKEN. The vacuum runs fine and seems to have good suction. But this piece seems necessary to make it function correctly. There was a very formal official looking letter from Dyson included in the documents stating "This Dyson vacuum has been refurbished. Dyson engineers have stripped it down, cleaned it out, replaced any necessary new parts, and then tested it thoroughly. I short, it's everything a Dyson machine should be. A vacuum that works properly and doesn't lose suction." It goes on to say there is a six month warranty against original defects in materials and workmanship. I guess I now have to go through Dyson to see if they have a spare part for this thing. What a hassle. May be the last Woot item I buy. Unhappy!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your purchase.

Please feel free to write into support@woot.com and let them know what you're experiencing.

They'll be more than happy to help answer any questions or concerns you have about your order.

honeeharly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages honeeharly

anyone else having trouble with on/off switch? Mine takes a few tries to get it to stay on. Got to call Dyson and see what they will do.