bluemaple


quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple
wacwac wrote:Can't ship to Alaska? Can't ship to Alaska?
God will PUNISH you. maybe you could find UPS,USP, FED EX, THEY ship to Alaska


@wacwac, perhaps rather than "Can't ship to Alaska" it is "Don't want to ship to Alaska" as in they don't want to ship it there for $5.

If the issue is cost that's a shame since it seems the number of sales to AK even with higher cost shipping would get lost in the averages of the rest of the country.

What does mother Amazon do with shipping costs to you folks in AK?

(We have friends in AK so we get your indignation.)

davidstevenrachel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidstevenrachel

that is the very same card that I tried -- I also tried several other microSD cards (thinking that maybe the first card was defective or for some reason was not compatible with the GearPro camera)

revstone


quality posts: 1 Private Messages revstone

Do these offer "clean" HDMI output, i.e. HDMI output without an on-screen display, just the video?

mm20


quality posts: 34 Private Messages mm20
LordBling wrote:ENEMY UAV SPOTTED



That was pretty funny.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

PurpleMongoose


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PurpleMongoose

Bought one of these a few months ago. NEVER got it to turn on, even once, despite repeated attempts at charging per instructions.

haywardk


quality posts: 2 Private Messages haywardk
neller0414 wrote:Lmfao! I didn't even realize I did that! Ahh oh well it was like 3am. No I'm fully aware these aren't GoPros, but the names are so synonymous I didn't even realize the error!



And obviously the intent of the company.

Actually have another knock off not really challenged yet or heavily used, but functions and even came with the UW housing, attachable LCD out of water as well as multiple mounts. Forget the name now (Swan comes to mind)

They didn't go for the cheap and run confusion factor as this one clearly has.

haywardk


quality posts: 2 Private Messages haywardk
bluemaple wrote:First warning sign: brand name clearly rips off the brand name of the original market-maker, GoPro.

They walk right up to legal line and back away just enough to give the activist judges an excuse to dismiss.



Now there is total BS, has nothing to do with you BS opinion of judges it just the LAW... not counterfeit, just toying with the stupid.

haywardk


quality posts: 2 Private Messages haywardk
ski920 wrote:Does anyone highly recommend this camera?

Or

Should we just stay away from it?



High danger loss factor good short term one time throw away not bad... expect to hold and good use probably not a wise investment.

haywardk


quality posts: 2 Private Messages haywardk
notsomuch wrote:Hmmm... tempting at first; I want to know where my dogs go for two hours every morning, but after reading the reviews...



Too lazy to just walk with them?

richiers


quality posts: 3 Private Messages richiers

anyone get tracking yet?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

richiers wrote:anyone get tracking yet?


Uhm, it was just sold on Friday.

Sale said it would process and ship out in 3-5 business days. This is the first business day.

Hang tight.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

richiers


quality posts: 3 Private Messages richiers

i want a drone to bring it now!!!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

richiers wrote:i want a drone to bring it now!!!


Well, we have a helicopter on Kids but I don't think it'll deliver it to you.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

richiers


quality posts: 3 Private Messages richiers

Prime Air — something the team has been working on in our next generation R&D lab.

The goal of this new delivery system is to get packages into customers' hands in 30 minutes or less using unmanned aerial vehicles.

Putting Prime Air into commercial use will take some number of years as we advance the technology and wait for the necessary FAA rules and regulations.

xxooss


quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

does anyone have a link to a manual on line? I have bad eyes and need to make it bigger. thanks!

jtmacri


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtmacri
raizor wrote:ordered 3 last time they came available. 2 dead out of the box, 3rd won't stay on. Gave up trying to deal with getting them replaced. Gear pro almost impossible to contact. Beware, as will all electronics on woot anymore.


The one ordered doesn't work at all I really don't like getting ripped of.

manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

jtmacri wrote:The one ordered doesn't work at all I really don't like getting ripped of.



Sorry to hear that. Have you reached out to Gear Pro? This camera has a 1yr warranty with them. If you need assistance along the way, please feel free to email support@woot.com with your order number, user name and situation. Again, apologies. :/

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

MGMcAnick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MGMcAnick

I didn't realize that the caption "What's in the box" meant that there was NO MEMORY CARD in the box because it was not listed. It never occurred to me that I'd have to spend more money to make my camera work. If I buy a car, I expect it to have an engine. Why shouldn't I expect a camera to be ready to take pictures when it arrives?

feddz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages feddz
ScottFromWyoming wrote:lol "Gear" pro? Never heard of it. I wonder if these are on Woot because of lawyers.



And you don't to hear of them. I would not advise anyone to purchase these cheap cameras. I gave away the one I purchased as it was a piece of crap.

econr6


quality posts: 0 Private Messages econr6
TheHolyCobra wrote:It appears the 1080p version doesn't come with the suction cup mount, but they can be had on eBay or Amazon for cheap.



The 1080 version did come with a suction cup.

econr6


quality posts: 0 Private Messages econr6

I bought the 1080p. I think it comes with everything the 720p comes with but also remote. The battery seems pretty good. It records over an hour easy. I haven't tried to max it out yet. The videos seem ok, but they don't look 1080p. It creates files in 3 minute intervals, 280KB, on car mode. Car mode seems just like video mode, but you click the icon to flip the camera view so your videos wont come out upside down when you use the suction cup on your wind shield. I have been using a 32GB micro SD that I used to use for my phone. I don't remember if the card had issues before or not, but some videos come out corrupted. I will look for an 8GB card I have to see how that one does. I formatted the card to see if that will solve the issue. I'll try to report back more soon.

econr6


quality posts: 0 Private Messages econr6

OK, The camera I have is GREAT for the price. I tried a better memory card and it works great. I would buy one again.

aquamaninc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aquamaninc

Box says mac compatible? Quicktime can't play video? need help

ejjones


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejjones

Don't think this is going to work out. My 1080 cycles every 3 minutes using a grade10 Samsung sd card. Bad SD card? Pyle Service Center an "audio" outfit in NY is the company that is charge of warranties. Pondering what to do next.

SKYYLASSIE


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SKYYLASSIE

Anybody have the contact information to get this warranteed?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SKYYLASSIE wrote:Anybody have the contact information to get this warranteed?



Here you go:

Pyle Audio



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ssturgis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssturgis

Last thing I will ever buy from woot! I don't like bait-and-switch. Yeah, I guess I should have read between the lines to see that there is no memory card in the unit. (It is not explicitly stated anywhere.) Requesting a refund, the stock answer is "No buyer's remorse."

They are absolutely right. I will never, ever have buyer's remorse from this site because they will never see my money again. POS. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Tyler Durden

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ssturgis wrote:Last thing I will ever buy from woot! I don't like bait-and-switch. Yeah, I guess I should have read between the lines to see that there is no memory card in the unit. (It is not explicitly stated anywhere.) Requesting a refund, the stock answer is "No buyer's remorse."

They are absolutely right. I will never, ever have buyer's remorse from this site because they will never see my money again. POS. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.



I'm sorry to hear that you received the wrong item and were given that response.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your inquiry along to Woot Member Services.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.

Nabouchard


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nabouchard
wmanalu wrote:Where can I purchase head mount for this camera? Will the one for GoPro work for this camera?



No go pro mounts or clips or anything are not comparable white this "gear" pro which ultimately sucks!

Nabouchard


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nabouchard
aquamaninc wrote:Box says mac compatible? Quicktime can't play video? need help



What you need to do is download an app and convert the movie into an mp3 file then once you have done that being it into iMovie to edit away! The app is called, isquint , and it's free

sv7838


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sv7838

If you feel like throwing away $45 this has to be the fastest way to do it. What a POS!!!
The first video taken with it has many glitches and jumping image.
I unfortunately didn't tested it within the 21 days because I didn't have the MicroSD required so this time it's on me. Next time it's on Woot.com because you are selling crap to consumers and only providing 21 days for a return. So this was effectively my last purchase through Woot. Woot emails are now considered SPAM and they will be deleted automatically. I will also make sure to not recommend anyone to buy through Woot.com

AlanZak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlanZak
wadeba wrote:Because it was salt water, the little bit that got into the cases corroded the micro SD card contacts, and whatever else inside the cameras I can't see.

Literally it was maybe a drop in each case...tiny drop...but enough to cause them to stop working.



I have a saltwater swimming pool, and one day walking along the deck I inexplicably lost my balance and fell in (wearing my cell phone, of course).

I quickly powered off the phone, rinsed it thoroughly in tap water (would've used distilled but didn't have any) and then stuck it in some dry rice for a day. I tried powering it on but the graphics were all crazy, so I tried another day in the rice.

After all that, the phone came back to life, the only thing wrong is that one of the buttons no longer works. Might be worth a shot if you haven't dumped the damaged camera already.

AlanZak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlanZak
ejjones wrote:Don't think this is going to work out. My 1080 cycles every 3 minutes using a grade10 Samsung sd card. Bad SD card? Pyle Service Center an "audio" outfit in NY is the company that is charge of warranties. Pondering what to do next.



I have a GS8000L dash cam similar to [img=http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mQls2WdnwEpRPRMYT0BMCUA.jpg]this one[/img] which claimed to support full 1080p resolution with a class 10 or above SDCard, but in actually didn't support the maximum resolution.

I asked the seller and they said technically it "can" support that highest mode, but only around 10fps, so they recommended using it at the "regular" 1080p mode for ~30fps video.

So not exactly what I counted on either, maybe try stepping down the resolution to see whether that works around your issue.

gajendrapandey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gajendrapandey
ThunderThighs wrote:Here you go:

Pyle Audio



I purchased this camera on 14th March. When I received it on 19th March I check it and had some issue with it. Then I sent an email to the customer support at support@pyleaudio.com on 23rd March but haven't heard anything back yet. Could you please ask them to at least respond? Or, can you do something about it. Thanks.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gajendrapandey wrote:I purchased this camera on 14th March. When I received it on 19th March I check it and had some issue with it. Then I sent an email to the customer support at support@pyleaudio.com on 23rd March but haven't heard anything back yet. Could you please ask them to at least respond? Or, can you do something about it. Thanks.


I'm sorry about that. Email support@woot.com and tell them what you've tried (with dates, like you gave above). Let's see what options they have.

Include your order number and woot ID for faster service.

Again, apologies.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gajendrapandey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gajendrapandey
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry about that. Email support@woot.com and tell them what you've tried (with dates, like you gave above). Let's see what options they have.

Include your order number and woot ID for faster service.

Again, apologies.



Thanks for your response. I have sent an email to support@woot.com with all the details as you have suggested.

augoose


quality posts: 0 Private Messages augoose

BUYER BEWARE - POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ALERT AND POOR QUALITY ITEM. I purchased three of these cameras on a Friday and then read the poor reviews on other websites about their quality problems. Exactly one hour and 20 minutes after placing the original order online, I sent an email to Woot to cancel my order as I lost confidence in the quality of the product I was ordering. I also felt I was misled about specifications, specifically about the Class 10 SD card requirement which I'll explain in a moment. The next day (Saturday) they responded with an automated message and refused to cancel it, stating "unfortunately it is too late to alter or cancel this order." The cameras didn't ship until the following Tuesday (still unsure why my order couldn't be canceled) and then my order arrived about a week and a half later. For about three months, each of the cameras worked but I had to purchase a special Class 10 SD card - Woot failed to mention that little part on their website. Its not compatible with ANY Micro SD card, it MUST be class 10. Fast forward a couple of uses and now one of the cameras won't hold a charge or turn on - I'm hoping the other two don't follow along. I contacted Woot and they forwarded me onto Pyle Audio. Hopefully they'll honor their "1 year gear pro" warranty. BUYER BEWARE!!! Spend the extra money and go with quality - Go Pro.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

augoose wrote:BUYER BEWARE - POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ALERT AND POOR QUALITY ITEM. I purchased three of these cameras on a Friday and then read the poor reviews on other websites about their quality problems. Exactly one hour and 20 minutes after placing the original order online, I sent an email to Woot to cancel my order as I lost confidence in the quality of the product I was ordering. I also felt I was misled about specifications, specifically about the Class 10 SD card requirement which I'll explain in a moment. The next day (Saturday) they responded with an automated message and refused to cancel it, stating "unfortunately it is too late to alter or cancel this order." The cameras didn't ship until the following Tuesday (still unsure why my order couldn't be canceled) and then my order arrived about a week and a half later. For about three months, each of the cameras worked but I had to purchase a special Class 10 SD card - Woot failed to mention that little part on their website. Its not compatible with ANY Micro SD card, it MUST be class 10. Fast forward a couple of uses and now one of the cameras won't hold a charge or turn on - I'm hoping the other two don't follow along. I contacted Woot and they forwarded me onto Pyle Audio. Hopefully they'll honor their "1 year gear pro" warranty. BUYER BEWARE!!! Spend the extra money and go with quality - Go Pro.



Sorry to hear that you experienced problems with your order/purchase.

If you're unable to find any resolve from Pyle please email into support@woot.com let them know.

MihaelK


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MihaelK

Mine wont charge or turn on. When I hook it up to my laptop to charge it shows a yellow triangle, and ! with the words turn on then gos blank. The charge light is blue and red. So when I plug it in and it says turn on I pushed the on button and it turned on but wont respond to any buttons then gos blank and the blue light flashes. Cant turn it off now, all it does is flash blue light. Anyone have the same problem. What can I do?

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

MihaelK wrote:Mine wont charge or turn on. When I hook it up to my laptop to charge it shows a yellow triangle, and ! with the words turn on then gos blank. The charge light is blue and red. So when I plug it in and it says turn on I pushed the on button and it turned on but wont respond to any buttons then gos blank and the blue light flashes. Cant turn it off now, all it does is flash blue light. Anyone have the same problem. What can I do?



Sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with your purchase.

Please email into support@woot.com and let them know what you're encountering. They should be able to to direct you to the manufacturer to help find a resolve and answer any questions concerns you may have about your product.