zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Philips 39" 1080p LED TV w/NetTV
Price: $279.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Wednesday, Feb 12 to Monday, Feb 17) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
1/22/2014 - $279.99 - 319.9 - 35 comment(s)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3124 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

*DELETED*

and

Let's check out the product page

[MOD EDIT: Removed CNet Review;incorrect model/link]

lstaff

quality posts: 199 Private Messages lstaff

I have one of these smart type tv's, and, boy oh boy, that big NETFLIX button on the remote has changed my life!

Watching netflix on my tv without running my hard drive makes sense to me!

randyest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randyest
conanthelibrarian wrote:cnet calls this model "OK"

and

Let's check out the product page

Am I confused or is that cnet review for a completely different TV?

samjhard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samjhard
randyest wrote:Am I confused or is that cnet review for a completely different TV?

Correct!

bitman

quality posts: 13 Private Messages bitman

Holy Mother of Spork, I would totally watch Cake Bastard! Gotta find a way to make that happen. What's it about, anyway?

jaburg

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jaburg
randyest wrote:Am I confused or is that cnet review for a completely different TV?

Yeah, conan totally blew it on this one. Here is the actual model for sale at Wally World and the people who actually bought and used them seem to like them: The right model

bigray57

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bigray57

Unless I'm missing something in the picture of the back, it appears that this model is NOT wall mountable, even though it states: Wall Mount Specifications:
VESA Hole Pattern: 300 x 300mm

noot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noot

I bought a Philips Smart TV from Woot last February (32" model) and it worked fine until it just didn't turn on any more three weeks ago.

It died the day after the Woot Pre-Super Bowl/Big Game TV Extravaganza ended, so I had to wait for another TV to come up.

Is a year a good life span for a refurb TV?

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller
noot wrote:I bought a Philips Smart TV from Woot last February (32" model) and it worked fine until it just didn't turn on any more three weeks ago.

It died the day after the Woot Pre-Super Bowl/Big Game TV Extravaganza ended, so I had to wait for another TV to come up.

Great question.
We've bought several from the site in question over the past few years and have not had any units die.

First recon TV, a Philips 32", was purchased in Dec 2010 and still works great.

jmckeith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmckeith

I have a 42 inch Phillips LED in my cave that was purchased over 4 years ago and it is still going strong. This was one of those deals where I went to Wally World and picked the TV with the best picture. It still has a GREAT picture. Personally, I think Phillips is underrated.

mysterytrout

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mysterytrout
GTTraveller wrote:Great question.
We've bought several from the site in question over the past few years and have not had any units die.

First recon TV, a Philips 32", was purchased in Dec 2010 and still works great.

I have two woot! Philips refurb TVs, a 22" and 32" (non-smart) and they are still going strong 3+ years later.

I already have enough TVs in the house but this would replace the 37" Sony in the bedroom nicely... Must resist, must resist....

jeandiata

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeandiata

I bought this one in October and I really like it. Easy to set up. Picture is good (better than my old one). If I had the money - I'd grab another one for the bedroom.

kprinston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kprinston
bigray57 wrote:Unless I'm missing something in the picture of the back, it appears that this model is NOT wall mountable, even though it states: Wall Mount Specifications:

Good question! Is this unit really wall mountable?

Stevenc22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stevenc22

This was on woot 3 weeks ago. I bought this exact model and could not be happier. It is definitely wall mountable, has a nice thin bezel and one of the best software interfaces i have ever seen on a TV. Even has a color calibration interface when you setup the TV. This gets 10/10 from me!

For those wondering about the wall mounting, look at the back picture again. There are 4 small holes in each corner of the back. These are the vesa holes. Use the screws from the stand to attach to a wall mount.

shadowmance22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowmance22

Just so everyone knows, this tv isn't 120hz. If you go to the Walmart or Phillips website and look at the user manual, it's 60hz. I bought this TV from Woot a couple woots ago and I contacted costumer support about the error in the advertisement but haven't heard back. It's still a great deal and I love the tv but buying something and finding out that what you bought wasn't what was advertised is still troubling.

Stevenc22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stevenc22
shadowmance22 wrote:Just so everyone knows, this tv isn't 120hz. If you go to the Walmart or Phillips website and look at the user manual, it's 60hz. I bought this TV from Woot a couple woots ago and I contacted costumer support about the error in the advertisement but haven't heard back. It's still a great deal and I love the tv but buying something and finding out that what you bought wasn't what was advertised is still troubling.

The Philips manual seems to show 120 hz

"120 Hz Perfect Motion Rate (PMR) creates
extreme motion sharpness for clear and vibrant
images in fast action movies. The new Philips
PMR standard reduces response time of the
HDTV to produce faster picture transitions and
reduces motion artifacts."

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/39pfl2608_f7/39pfl2608_f7_pss_aenus.pdf

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple

Kudos to Woot for refreshingly properly showing refresh rate in the specs:

Refresh Rate: 60Hz Native / 120Hz PMR

Virtually all Brands play the refresh rate deception game. If you see any modifier next to refresh rate then divide by a minimum of 2 to get the real panel refresh rate.

Examples modifier words of deception: Effective, CMR/ClearMotion. PMR/Perfect Motion Rate. In the case of this Woot the modifier word "Native" equates to "Honest" ;-)

The tricks these Brands use to claim higher refresh rates include extra video processing and backlight manipulation. While some folks claim they like these effects, I am not one of them.

BTW, a 60 Hz refresh rate is fine for normal TV/movie watching. Serious gamers and sports fans might want to go higher - and pay dramatically more for the privilege.

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple

For normal TV/movie viewing, other aspects of the TV become more important than refresh rate. Like ability to show degrees of black (difficult for all LED/LCD TVs to handle due to their technology). And contrast and viewing angles.

pmattaliano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmattaliano

I bought this same tv from woot the last time it was offered. It arrived broke, I returned it before Christmas and have yet to hear anything from woot about my refund! I have a nice case number but no refund. I won't be buying anything like this from woot again!

steve2483

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steve2483

Ordered this TV because of its features. Received it but the screen has lines or smudges across the top, bottom and right side.
Returning but having issues with getting response from WOOT. Never had any previous problems like this. DISAPPOINTED!!!
<><><><><>

ramu123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ramu123

I would not recommend the Philips brand to anyone. I just bought a couple and have had nothing but problems with them starting and switching off by themselves. Philips company are of no help whatsoever

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bigray57 wrote:Unless I'm missing something in the picture of the back, it appears that this model is NOT wall mountable, even though it states: Wall Mount Specifications:

Philips Product Specs for Today's Offer: Wall Mount:

bmwloco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmwloco

I got one last time; figured it would be just the ticket for the basement.

Remote is a laugh. I have to manually push the buttons on the TV. Makes using Netflix and Youtube a real challenge.

But... when it works, it works great. Good sound and picture.

I'm gonna punt and buy a Harmony Remote and use my iPhone to change channels and turn it on. Happily there are plenty of ports on the back.

Someday it'll be hooked up to a Mac Mini and I'll use it as a real media center.

Bottom line: it is what it is and it's at a pretty good price.

darlenebolyard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darlenebolyard

JUNK! Worked great for about 5 minutes and then got the black screen of death.
Returning it as soon as I can get authorization from Woot.

paigegunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paigegunn

10 hours - so far so good.. BUT would it have killed you guys to wrap the screen in michael bubble wrap before shipping?
It arrived btgof (by the grace of G-d) , but sfsg (so far so good)... call me picky for wanting some semblance of protection?

bigjseph

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bigjseph

Got mine today. No visible damage. When I turn it on I just get vertical lines. They can change if I push buttons on the remote though!
http://i.imgur.com/KvGDuJL.jpg

Waiting for Woot support response.

asilverman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asilverman

I'm having some trouble with the software for wirelessconnect on my mac. After installation, I get a message that says "you do not have permission to open the document wi-fi mediaconnect". Has anyone else had this issue?

frye159

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frye159

Received mine, lines all across the bottom of the screen. Contacted Woot, have a case number but that is about it. I really liked the tv features

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

frye159 wrote:Received mine, lines all across the bottom of the screen. Contacted Woot, have a case number but that is about it. I really liked the tv features

Sorry for the problems. CS should get back to you in 24-48 hours.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dgjammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgjammer

Received mine and after trying every set-up menu still cannot get it to have a picture that isn't green or yellow. Would be cool if all I watched were men from Mars movies.. Contacting support today....We'll see what happens.

pootienuu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pootienuu

Got mine in the mail today and to my disappointment it has a large crack in the left side of the screen and the pixels are destroyed waiting to return it /sigh

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pootienuu wrote:Got mine in the mail today and to my disappointment it has a large crack in the left side of the screen and the pixels are destroyed waiting to return it /sigh

I'm very sorry for the problem. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rvingalcon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvingalcon
noot wrote:I bought a Philips Smart TV from Woot last February (32" model) and it worked fine until it just didn't turn on any more three weeks ago.