WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Different actors, different personas, but most significantly, different hair: so goes the evolution of the character we insist on calling Doctor Who. (We're masochists for outraged, pedantic lectures from geeks.) For a time-traveler, the Doctor sure has followed the hairstyle trends of his time, hasn't he? Keep that in mind as you try to match the hair with the Doctor.

Answers are here. Please post your guesses, speculations, or arguments below! But know this: the Trivial Eye is presented for public amusement and no prizes are offered other than that familiar feeling of aggravation that so much of your mind is occupied by useless trivia.

Quality Posts

betterlater

quality posts: 1 Private Messages betterlater

Staff

Let's see ... Christopher Eccleston, the scarf one, the one with hair like my grandma, the bouncy one ... OK, I need a little more time (and space).

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

betterlater wrote:Let's see ... Christopher Eccleston, the scarf one, the one with hair like my grandma, the bouncy one ... OK, I need a little more time (and space).

drzauis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drzauis

1. eccleston doc 10
2. pertwee doc 3
3. davison doc 5
4. mcgann doc 8
5. hartnell doc 1
6. colin baker doc 6 (might be tom baker though) not 100%, but looks blonde enough to be colin
7. tennant doc 11
8. troughton doc 2

craigwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craigwoot

#2 is either Dr. Trump or Dr. Gaga, I think. Can I see the eyes?

knjplay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knjplay

I like how you changed the two Doctors to include the newest John Hurt.

drzauis wrote:1. eccleston doc 10
2. pertwee doc 3
3. davison doc 5
4. mcgann doc 8
5. hartnell doc 1
6. colin baker doc 6 (might be tom baker though) not 100%, but looks blonde enough to be colin
7. tennant doc 11
8. troughton doc 2

wonderwall82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderwall82

1. 9
2. 3
3. 5
4. 8
5. 1
6. 6
7. 10
8. 2

John Hurt is not officially number 9. Ask any real Whovian. He's the War Doctor and has no number.

aaltieri

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aaltieri
wonderwall82 wrote:1. 9
2. 3
3. 5
4. 8
5. 1
6. 6
7. 10
8. 2

John Hurt is not officially number 9. Ask any real Whovian. He's the War Doctor and has no number.

As a real whovian... I have to disagree. He is the 9th incarnation of the man formally known as the doctor. He is called the Doctor by the Daleks, at at around 9:30 in the Day of the Doctor. I believe he was also called the Doctor by Rassilon in End of Time Pt 2 at around 2:05.

So, yes... he WAS a "Doctor." Not a "War Doctor." Moffet should watch his own show once in a while.

aaltieri

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aaltieri
drzauis wrote:

I would agree that it's too blonde to be Tom. However, I have to admit... I never noticed before just how similar their hair was!

What's really disturbing to me, though, is that I came up with the exact same responses, including the note for number 6. I suppose there is comfort in not being alone. ;-)

anachroeden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anachroeden

1 is Nine, the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," Christopher Eccleston

2 is Three, the third incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," Jon Pertwee

3 is Five, the fifth incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," Peter Davison

4 is Eight, the Eighth incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," Paul McGann (but actually a wig he wore in the Fox TV movie)

5 is One, the first incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," William Hartnell (also a hairpiece, a similar one of which was donned by Richard Hurndall in "The Five Doctors," following Hartnell's passing)

6 is Six, the sixth incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," Colin Baker

7 is Ten, the eleventh incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," David Tennant

8 is Two, the second incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," Patrick Troughton

auntiesuze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages auntiesuze

Patrick Troughton's mop-top was also a wig (at least at first).

What, no Tom Baker hair? Awwww....

anachroeden wrote:1 is Nine, the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," Christopher Eccleston

2 is Three, the third incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," Jon Pertwee

3 is Five, the fifth incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," Peter Davison

4 is Eight, the Eighth incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," Paul McGann (but actually a wig he wore in the Fox TV movie)

5 is One, the first incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," William Hartnell (also a hairpiece, a similar one of which was donned by Richard Hurndall in "The Five Doctors," following Hartnell's passing)

6 is Six, the sixth incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," Colin Baker

7 is Ten, the eleventh incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," David Tennant

8 is Two, the second incarnation of the Time Lord most commonly known as "Doctor," Patrick Troughton

knobody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knobody

8 for 8. i'm da man! hubby also got all 8. he da man also. i knew i married the right guy.

mossygreen

quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen
knobody wrote:8 for 8. i'm da man! hubby also got all 8. he da man also. i knew i married the right guy.

Yeah, I think this is the only Trivial Eye where I knew every single answer, immediately, without having to check anything to make sure.

DrChops

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DrChops

[deleted 4 laziness]

9, 3, 5, 8, 1, 6, 10

Gotta be honest, would have really made me happy if it was "8, 6, 7, 5, 3, 0, 9."
Starting at 0 would have been weird, but we could have adapted.

Petey Thaseatesmyne

Howler81

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Howler81
aaltieri wrote:As a real whovian... I have to disagree. He is the 9th incarnation of the man formally known as the doctor. He is called the Doctor by the Daleks, at at around 9:30 in the Day of the Doctor. I believe he was also called the Doctor by Rassilon in End of Time Pt 2 at around 2:05.

So, yes... he WAS a "Doctor." Not a "War Doctor." Moffet should watch his own show once in a while.

Indeed. Who cares what the show runner and every official BBC source will always say? Being contentious and creating confusion is always a good idea.

Look, I see your point. I do. But the Doctor rejected the name for the Hurt incarnation. "Doctor no more," "Not in the name of the Doctor" and all that jazz. According to the show, the numbering will stay the same. He'll be the ninth incarnation, but Eccleston will remain the ninth Doctor.

But if you want to keep calling them by different numbers and getting into this fight in every Doctor Who discussion you have throughout time and space, go for it. I'm sure it will win you many friends. Cheers

russrich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages russrich

1. Christopher Eccleston
2. Jon Pertwee
3. Peter Davison
4. Paul McGann
5. William Hartnell
6. Colin Baker
7. David Tennant
8. Patrick Troughton

Wrote down my guess then looked up the spelling of their names.

pangurban

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pangurban

I wonder if I should be concerned about how quickly I was able to identify every single one of these. It's either a sign of dedicated fandom or else of a misspent life...

finselmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finselmom

LOL! My 12-year-old got them all without even being forewarned what he was looking at. Too easy, Woot. Too easy!