theoden13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theoden13

I find it utterly ridiculous that WOOT restricts UPS from allowing packages to be held for pickup or redirected...even after joining MY UPS. I have learned my lesson that is for sure..........

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry for the problems.

I did some research and learned the following:

It is true that we do not allow packages to be directed to another address. This is for your protection to ensure that the product gets to you and you only. Amazon has the same policy.

Many shippers will allow you to hold a package at one of their facilities. It can vary from shipper to shipper, and from personal experience, by the agent you talk to.

I talked to our shipping wizard, and he doesn't think there's anything we can set that would prevent you from being able to ask them to hold it at a shipper's facility. That may be the policy of UPS or your local facility.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

theoden13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theoden13
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems.

I did some research and learned the following:

It is true that we do not allow packages to be directed to another address. This is for your protection to ensure that the product gets to you and you only. Amazon has the same policy.

Many shippers will allow you to hold a package at one of their facilities. It can vary from shipper to shipper, and from personal experience, by the agent you talk to.

I talked to our shipping wizard, and he doesn't think there's anything we can set that would prevent you from being able to ask them to hold it at a shipper's facility. That may be the policy of UPS or your local facility.

Well I spoke to the customer service manager at UPS and my UPS also does not allow that option so it is something you are doing. I am going to have to send it back and have already spoken to my bank. Assuming you try to charge a restocking fee obviously we will contest it. I am one small customer but truly your low prices are not worst the abysmal service. You truly are the walmart of Internet shopping.

lichme

quality posts: 2680 Private Messages lichme
theoden13 wrote:Well I spoke to the customer service manager at UPS and my UPS also does not allow that option so it is something you are doing. I am going to have to send it back and have already spoken to my bank. Assuming you try to charge a restocking fee obviously we will contest it. I am one small customer but truly your low prices are not worst the abysmal service. You truly are the walmart of Internet shopping.

Smartpost (FedEx) or Surepost (UPS) has never let me hold a package before the first delivery attempt. USPS won't even let me pick up a package that is at their facility until it is attempted to be delivered at least once. This isn't woots fault. I've had mixed results with FedEx Home shipments.

I'm confused when you say your local UPS doesn't allow that option, then go on to say that it is something woot is doing. That is kind of contradictory.

Anyways, per the FAQ, which you may have already read:

What is Woot's return policy?
Hey, we want you to love us and have a good time. So if your item arrives damaged or defective, go to our Support page to communicate the issue with our Customer Support Team. You can find additional details in the How do I return a defective product section on our FAQs. You'll need to contact our Customer Support Team within 21 days of purchasing your product if it arrives damaged or defective. Woot reserves the right to impose a 15% restocking fee for any product that is returned and deemed not to be damaged or defective and the original shipping charge will not be refunded. In the event your return request is past the 21 day return window, you may want to contact the manufacturer of your product to see if some other resolution is possible.

Woot sent you an item you purchased, to an address you specified you wanted it to go to, and you are going to dispute a restocking fee. I am also confused as to why you would send it back, after it gets delivered to your address. I mean, isn't that really the reason you bought it? So that you would get it? I must be missing something.