WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

LED Lenser Flashlights

Brighten up your day. Brighten up your night. Brighten up your evening. Brighten up your late afternoon. Brighten up your tea time. Brighten up your hammer time.

Quality Posts

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee

Wondering how these models compare w/ the previously offered P7 & T7.
I got one of each and am very happy with them. I would be in for a few of these if I knew how they stacked up to the other models. Anybody ?

Thanks

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee
ceagee wrote:Wondering how these models compare w/ the previously offered P7 & T7.
I got one of each and am very happy with them. I would be in for a few of these if I knew how they stacked up to the other models. Anybody ?

Thanks

Hi @ceagee ! It's me @ceagee !
I never realized before that LED Lensor flashlights are made by the same folks that make leatherman tools. Well that explains a lot about the high quality right there.

At first glance it seems easy to discern between the 3 offerings here. The D14 is waterproof and made for diving. But that waterproof and corrosion resistant gears seem perfect for camping too. You can purchase it at the site for $70 or on other spots on the web for low 50's and on Amazon for $40. Woot's $21.99 , even w/ the 5spot for ship is actually a darned good deal. Especially when you buy more than one.

Next, The M5 sells for $60 at the website. It's currently $38.88 at 'zom and $40 at Staples (they will price match and ship is free w/ rewards). On sale here for $19.99 , Woot scores again !
This little light takes only 1 AA battery. At approx 4" long it's perfect to throw in your purse or briefcase or back pocket for that matter. However, it trades a bit of power for that convenient size. But 100 lumens in the right light is still mighty handy. I think I might like it for my purse. It also has it's own sheath.

The P14 NEW version is selling for $85 at it's home site.
The older versions are still being sold elsewhere :
$46.56 at Amazon, and $60 and up else where on the web. At $29.99, this 5 star light is another Woot deal!
We benefit by grabbing the older model.

The new version is a whopping 350 lumens max and so it is hard to compare to the older model here at 185 lumens. Would like to see that one here for this price ;-)

How does this stack up to the P7 & T7 ?

The P14 is a bit heavier and bulkier model, at 8' long compared to 5, and is twice as heavy. It only garners 10 more lumens max then the p7. The beam cast is at 300' compared to 280 of the others. So what's the difference : You use AA compared to AAAs and get a lot more running time before you drain out your power source. This lamp was meant for longer trips. When you're camping, you don't want to be lugging around extra batteries. Well not too many extra. You want some longevity in your flashlight.
I love my P7 and T7, but it looks like this is a great buy on a longer running lamp.

I don't dive, and if it's that rainy, I'm not camping. I think I'll grab a couple of the M5's for purse use and gifts and the P14 for a similar light to what I like w/ the P7, but w/ more longevity.

Thanks Woot. Best deals I've seen on here in awhile.

Now to decide how many of each......

jdinnis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jdinnis

I bought the P7 last time it was on offer and have been pretty happy with it. My only complaint with the P7 is that sometimes the center spring-loaded contact on the end of the battery carrier gets stuck. When this happens the flashlight works intermittently or not at all. Happens most often when it is cold. Taking the battery carrier out and wiggling the pin frees it up and then it works fine for a while. Anyone know if the P14 has similar design?

ichief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ichief

I bought 3 of the P7s @ the last event. I am very happy with the P7s. I have one upstairs and one downstairs in my home. I have another in the glove compartment of my truck. They are excellent quality. Just ordered 2 of the P14s. I have a habit of losing flashlights. It may take a while but I am certain I will use them all.

jdwdigital

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdwdigital

The specs say that this flashlight is 12.42" long. Based on the photo of the light being held, the hand in the photo must be on an 8' tall person. I held a 12" ruler in my hand in the same fashion as in the photo and more than half of the ruler extended beyond my thumb.

Is Woot including the lanyard in the measurement? I just checked and other vendors state that the P14 is only 8 inches long.

Also, it apparently only weighs 13.6 ounces instead of the 28 Woot says it weighs...

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

jdwdigital wrote:The specs say that this flashlight is 12.42" long. Based on the photo of the light being held, the hand in the photo must be on an 8' tall person. I held a 12" ruler in my hand in the same fashion as in the photo and more than half of the ruler extended beyond my thumb.

Is Woot including the lanyard in the measurement? I just checked and other vendors state that the P14 is only 8 inches long.

Also, it apparently only weighs 13.6 ounces instead of the 28 Woot says it weighs...

I pinged our buyers to confirm the correct specs. I'll update you when I hear back.

UPDATE: You were correct. Here's updated specs. The sale has been updated as well. THANKS!

Length = 7.76 in
Weight = 12.58 ounces

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

VetteLT193

quality posts: 6 Private Messages VetteLT193

The waterproof one is in a category of its own but the regular ones seem WAY overpriced based on current LED offerings. I picked up a pair of 500 lumen Duracell LED's for 20 bucks at Costco. If you don't need the size or fire power of 500 lumens they have a smaller option which is at, I think, 200 or 250 lumens and they are even cheaper.

ichief

"I held a 12" ruler in my hand."

Second thought, never mind.

jdwdigital

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdwdigital
ichief wrote:"I held a 12" ruler in my hand."

Second thought, never mind.

Yep. I thought the same thing right after I wrote it. But, hey, it's Woot, where a little levity is a good thing ;-)

ichief

jdwdigital wrote:Yep. I thought the same thing right after I wrote it. But, hey, it's Woot, where a little levity is a good thing ;-)

I couldn't pass that one up.