WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

NBA Subway Signs and Signed Merchandise

How can you show your love for the NBA during those agonizing four days of the year that there's not a game on? This stuff!

room209

quality posts: 6 Private Messages room209

7% off regular price - what a deal!

rydsande

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rydsande

A Pacers board with no Reggie Miller on it?

Uh, OK.

Ryan D Sanders

Trobes05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Trobes05
rydsande wrote:A Pacers board with no Reggie Miller on it?

Uh, OK.

I came to the discussion board to say the same thing. Glad someone beat me to it!

wcdaniels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wcdaniels
Trobes05 wrote:I came to the discussion board to say the same thing. Glad someone beat me to it!

I was going to say the same thing about the Pistons and Isiah Thomas

trizis86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trizis86

No Jordan on the bulls trumps all those

bsl05

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bsl05

The manufacturer commented on these back in January, but I doubt there's much they will or can do since they probably have a warehouse full these (or rather Woot has them).

https://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5663037

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime
trizis86 wrote:No Jordan on the bulls trumps all those

How many Jordan references did you want on there?
- 3 in a row
- 72 Wins
- Triple OT
- Black Shoes

I agree it would have been better to substitute an explicit "Air Jordan" (probably a legal restriction that kept them from that) for one of those, but with all the bad choices on these signs, this is hardly the de facto worst.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

A quick note about the Memphis Grizzlies sign. It says "Est. 2001" presuming that it is not counting the Vancouver years, but also includes "Shareef" (Abdur-Raheem) who only played for the Grizzlies during the Vancouver years.

shadow1089

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadow1089

although input surely doesn't matter here.. but gawd the Timberwolves one is definitely the worst. CRUNCH

gibba4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gibba4

This omissions must have to do with Licensing... Because there's no way they leave Magic and Kareem off the Lakers, MJ off the Bulls, Isaiah off the Pistons, Bill Russell off the Celtics (and only a Thirty Three reference to Larry Bird) Perhaps the bigger names wouldn't allow them to use their name or trademarked nicknames?
Either way, they are worthless without the Stars of the franchise.