ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Story sharing time....

What's something your child (or you) did in school that you didn't know whether to punish them or applaud them for their sheer genius?

My story (and I have a lot of them with my son, sigh): Freshman year in college English class, professor loved to hit the red ink on papers. On April Fools day, son laminated a paper before turning it in. Professor tried to mark it with pen but finally had to switch to a Sharpie.

I thought it was hilarious.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1

My daughter has always been tall for her age. When she was in preschool (4 yrs old), she was playing with a truck. The class bully, a boy, came up to her and snatched the truck out of her hands and stood there waiting to see what she would do.. She flat out decked him. Punched him right in the nose. Knocked him flat on his back with a bloody nose. She was as stunned as he was. When I was called into her school and informed of what happened, me and the staff were of course addressing the issue with seriousness on the outside , but all were cheering loudly on the inside for my daughter standing up to this bully and hopefully nipping his behavior in the bud! He got what he deserved. Flat on his back!

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Had a similar experience with my son when he was in middle school. He was bullied some and since he's a gentle soul, wouldn't stand up for himself.

I guess one day, he had had enough and he pushed a kid into the lockers in the hallway. Coach happened to see it so son was sent to office.

Got a call from the ass't principal whom I knew pretty well by this point. He told me what happened and that my son would be put in In-School Suspension. I said that I understood school policy and I was fine with that. Then I told the AP that I wanted him to understand how proud I was that my son stood up for himself and he would not receive any punishment at home. AP pretty much agreed with me on that one.

Talked to son on phone and told him how proud I was. We talked things through at home, of course. And about different ways to handle. But I was so proud of him.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders