12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

badger0110

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badger0110

Warning, ASUS does not support Windows 7 for this machine in case you were thinking about rolling back to it. You can install just fine but there aren't stable drivers from ASUS for it.

IRNF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IRNF

dont buy anything from these people. I Just bought a Computer from them it took almost 2 weeks to get it and it does not even work. there is no one to talk to and they take forever to respond to emails

IRNF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IRNF
IRNF wrote:dont buy anything from these people. I Just bought a Computer from them it took almost 2 weeks to get it and it does not even work. there is no one to talk to and they take forever to respond to emails

I am talking about WOOT.COM

hatfira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hatfira
IRNF wrote:I am talking about WOOT.COM

I've purchased about half a dozen things from Woot, and each time my experience has been positive. I haven' had to return anything, so I can't comment on the customer service, but products are all EXACTLY as advertised (not always a good thing, so read the fine print!) but I have no complaints about the company. I wonder, dear poster, how many things have you purchased from Woot? Every company can make a dud or two. Not really Woot's fault.

Note that I'm not a Woot fanboy... I'm just giving my counterpoint opinion.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

IRNF wrote:dont buy anything from these people. I Just bought a Computer from them it took almost 2 weeks to get it and it does not even work. there is no one to talk to and they take forever to respond to emails

Sorry that you are unhappy. I see you received your order in 7 business days and that it shipped out via SmartPost the day after you ordered it.

I also see that you emailed yesterday and already have a reply with information for returning the item. If you don't see that email, please check your spam/junk folders. If you are using an email client like Outlook, check spam/junk by logging directly into your email provider via a web browser.

Hope that helps.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gravityhr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gravityhr
hatfira wrote:I've purchased about half a dozen things from Woot, and each time my experience has been positive. I haven' had to return anything, so I can't comment on the customer service, but products are all EXACTLY as advertised (not always a good thing, so read the fine print!) but I have no complaints about the company. I wonder, dear poster, how many things have you purchased from Woot? Every company can make a dud or two. Not really Woot's fault.

I got an HP desktop that was DOA and HP support refused to do anything. I contacted Woot, sent it back at their cost, and had my credit card refunded within a week. My only gripe with Woot! is their neverending relationship with HP.

maxrfb

quality posts: 8 Private Messages maxrfb
IRNF wrote:I am talking about WOOT.COM

Yeah, I don't see it. As you can see, I have purchased a significant number of items and have never had any problems. Of course, I have also read their pages about customer service and know how it works. I don't expect a flying monkey to race to my house with a replacement item within minutes.

wow. I actually bought a Robot Elvis.
What was I thinking?

johnny5yu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johnny5yu

Does this come with the Ethernet and VGA dongle?

weklund

quality posts: 2 Private Messages weklund

Love to hear from someone who is familiar with this Zenbook.

daledevon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daledevon

I hate it when they use smartpost, I usually have to go to the post office to retrieve it. Shipping always makes me reconsider Woot. I have prime from the big brother.

alexjleon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alexjleon

This would be really nice if it came with the accessories. Buying a little folio case, cleaning cloth, and the adapters are a bit of a hassle.

greciandelight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages greciandelight
maxrfb wrote:Yeah, I don't see it. As you can see, I have purchased a significant number of items and have never had any problems. Of course, I have also read their pages about customer service and know how it works. I don't expect a flying monkey to race to my house with a replacement item within minutes.

Wait, you're telling me that woot doesn't have flying customer service monkeys? What the hell kind of backwards company is this?

virtualparagon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages virtualparagon

I bought last years model (with 4000 graphics) and it was great. I saw was, because beware the Asus 90 day warranty. The power jack sheared off the motherboard about 20 days after the warranty expired. I'm currently in the process of getting it fixed (~$200 since I don't solder).

alexjleon

virtualparagon wrote:I bought last years model (with 4000 graphics) and it was great. I saw was, because beware the Asus 90 day warranty. The power jack sheared off the motherboard about 20 days after the warranty expired. I'm currently in the process of getting it fixed (~$200 since I don't solder).

$200!?!? Bring it over here and I'll solder it back up for only $100 no problemo!

sjp4ut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjp4ut
hatfira wrote:I've purchased about half a dozen things from Woot, and each time my experience has been positive. I haven' had to return anything, so I can't comment on the customer service, but products are all EXACTLY as advertised (not always a good thing, so read the fine print!) but I have no complaints about the company. I wonder, dear poster, how many things have you purchased from Woot? Every company can make a dud or two. Not really Woot's fault.

No, they are right. Their customer service is going downhill. It will take a few weeks for them to get back to you the first time. Nothing something you like after spending $500.

Samuel Pesek

clanecks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages clanecks
sjp4ut wrote:No, they are right. Their customer service is going downhill. It will take a few weeks for them to get back to you the first time. Nothing something you like after spending $500.

I guess each case is different. Woot's customer service has always been and continue to be exceptional for me.

I am not responsible for this post.

neminem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neminem

Bleh. I really want woot to show up with an *old* one of these for less than a couple hundred dollars. I want to get a cheap travel laptop; don't need fast or flashy, just want something small with a good battery (but that's still a real computer, not a stupid tablet), that runs a real computer OS (which excludes Android, but also excludes Windows 8 for all the same reasons :p).

edit: I've never had anything but great things to say about woot's customer service, though. Nor have they sent me anything that didn't work.

ajley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajley
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry that you are unhappy. I see you received your order in 7 business days and that it shipped out via SmartPost the day after you ordered it.

I also see that you emailed yesterday and already have a reply with information for returning the item. If you don't see that email, please check your spam/junk folders. If you are using an email client like Outlook, check spam/junk by logging directly into your email provider via a web browser.

Hope that helps.

Trying to confuse us with your facts and stuff.

Shutterman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shutterman

Wouldn't it be nice if people commented on the actual product instead of complaining about Woot in the product comments section?

I'd love to know if this Ultrabook is any good which is what I thought this section was for...

ginabea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ginabea
weklund wrote:Love to hear from someone who is familiar with this Zenbook.

I got one about 4 weeks ago from Best Buy, and LOVE it! I paid $150 more. Had no idea that Woot would offer this model, but I was tired of waiting. Only trouble I have had - the left shift key sticks occasionally.

weklund

quality posts: 2 Private Messages weklund
Shutterman wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if people commented on the actual product instead of complaining about Woot in the product comments section?

I'd love to know if this Ultrabook is any good which is what I thought this section was for...

Me too ......

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
neminem wrote:Bleh. I really want woot to show up with an *old* one of these for less than a couple hundred dollars. I want to get a cheap travel laptop; don't need fast or flashy, just want something small with a good battery (but that's still a real computer, not a stupid tablet), that runs a real computer OS (which excludes Android, but also excludes Windows 8 for all the same reasons :p).

edit: I've never had anything but great things to say about woot's customer service, though. Nor have they sent me anything that didn't work.

See if you can track down an older emachines netbook with Windows 7. Lil' suckers are handy!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

coryut08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coryut08

I bought the previous version of this laptop (refurb) from Woot back in August. I love it, no concerns whatsoever. It's super fast, lightweight, the battery life and lit keyboard are awesome, and the screen is beautiful. I actually prefer to use this screen over my new 24" IPS ASUS monitor...

The only issue I have is that the ASUS software for the touchpad randomly stops working (like 2 finger scroll up/down, left/right). I either restart the software, or just reboot since it only takes about 3 seconds.

Mine came with a USB2.0 to ethernet, and a micro-VGA to VGA. I bought the matching ASUS micro-HDMI to HDMI for $10 on amazon.

Lastly, mine doesn't allow for memory upgrades because it has on-board memory. However, this one does, which is AWESOME, but definitely not necessary.

If you have any more questions I can get into specifics (I've done mem/processor/USB3.0 benchmarks etc...).

usclawyer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages usclawyer

I have been looking for this type of laptop for awhile, and this seems to be a pretty decent price. I was torn between buying this and a more expensive Lenovo Yoga 13. This is about half price with similar specs (albeit with no yoga poses) so I feel it a much more acceptable risk.

I believe heartily in factory refurbs - even over new units - because they tend to put them through their paces more than a new unit leaving the factory. I have bought SOOOO many refurbs on Woot, and have never had a single problem.

I'm not sure why this forum turned into a diatribe about Woot service. I am a fairly ancient Wooter and have had my share of problems with the PRODUCTS sold, but, other than a short delay and some slightly imperfect communication, I have never had a problem with Woot customer service. I have returned one item (e-bike and and had one item replaced (paintings) without question and, in both cases, with return shipping paid for by the seller.

alexjleon

By the way, I was one of the suckers (Texas, so taxes made this not as much of a deal was I would like), but I will be sure to post my experiences with the laptop the next time one is offered on Woot and I happen to see it. I'm a huge lurker here so I usually see some.