zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Rayovac Alkaline Batteries (7 Options)
Price: $14.99 - 24.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Thursday, Feb 27 to Tuesday, Mar 04) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

TeamRayovac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TeamRayovac

Good morning Woot Forum! This is Dave from Middleton, WI on behalf of the Rayovac team. I am going to be available to YOU assisting with all questions related to our products. In case you don’t already know, Rayovac is a global leader in battery power and innovation. From long-lasting batteries, to indestructible flashlights, our state-of-the-art products offer more power for the money. For more information, visit http://www.rayovac.com/ or just simply ask me!

mikeeyram

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mikeeyram

Why is it cheaper to buy 72 and not 96? It just doesn't make sense.

The more you buy the more you save, right, NO!

shortman

quality posts: 46 Private Messages shortman
TeamRayovac wrote:Good morning Woot Forum! This is Dave from Middleton, WI on behalf of the Rayovac team. I am going to be available to YOU assisting with all questions related to our products. In case you don’t already know, Rayovac is a global leader in battery power and innovation. From long-lasting batteries, to indestructible flashlights, our state-of-the-art products offer more power for the money. For more information, visit http://www.rayovac.com/ or just simply ask me!

Thanks for being here to answer questions.

lichme

quality posts: 2836 Private Messages lichme

Rayovac is my go to battery. It meets both my price + quality requirements.

toddnet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toddnet
TeamRayovac wrote:Good morning Woot Forum! This is Dave from Middleton, WI on behalf of the Rayovac team. I am going to be available to YOU assisting with all questions related to our products. In case you don’t already know, Rayovac is a global leader in battery power and innovation. From long-lasting batteries, to indestructible flashlights, our state-of-the-art products offer more power for the money. For more information, visit http://www.rayovac.com/ or just simply ask me!

I was going to Costco this week to pick up some AA and AAA. I'm going to pick these up instead since they are a better deal. Does Rayovac make Kirkland batteries?

kmartind

quality posts: 38 Private Messages kmartind

I've noticed a somewhat shorter life from the Kodak-branded alkalines purchased on Woot versus store brand alkalines from a warehouse club (even though both were years away from expiration). Has anyone compared the Rayovacs to either of those and found a difference?
(in any case they have to be LOT better than those dumb "super heavy duty" non-alkalines that seem to have battery life measured in minutes or seconds rather than hours or days).

dashblastr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dashblastr

72-pack AA/AAA are less than 25¢ each
96-pack AA/AAA are about 26¢ each
-curious-

I love Rayovac but it seems to me they are more susceptible to corrosion when not used than the other two. I use these batts for everything from camera to remote controls to cordless mouse but will not use in flashlights (Maglite) any more because of corrosion. Maybe it is just me or something I'm doing wrong. (I keep a couple of flashlights around the house loaded in case power goes out.)

However, I guarantee these last as long if not longer than the other two in normal usage devices (i.e. toys, etc.) This isn't a bad buy either if you are buying multiple packs. Probably going to get the 72-pack AA and AAA

- DashBlastR -

TeamRayovac

dashblastr wrote:72-pack AA/AAA are less than 25¢ each
96-pack AA/AAA are about 26¢ each
-curious-

I love Rayovac but it seems to me they are more susceptible to corrosion when not used than the other two. I use these batts for everything from camera to remote controls to cordless mouse but will not use in flashlights (Maglite) any more because of corrosion. Maybe it is just me or something I'm doing wrong. (I keep a couple of flashlights around the house loaded in case power goes out.)

However, I guarantee these last as long if not longer than the other two in normal usage devices (i.e. toys, etc.) This isn't a bad buy either if you are buying multiple packs. Probably going to get the 72-pack AA and AAA

We offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee. http://www.rayovac.com/Products/AA-AAA-Alkaline-Batteries/PowerChallenge.aspx

TeamRayovac

There are endless reasons why #Rayovac trumps the competition. But just incase you forgot, check out this video:

[MOD: embedded video]

TeamRayovac

lichme wrote:Rayovac is my go to battery. It meets both my price + quality requirements.

Power on!

kmartind

mikeeyram wrote:Why is it cheaper to buy 72 and not 96? It just doesn't make sense.

Agreed, the quantity 96 is priced at least $1 (or more) higher than it should be based on the price for 72.

ddemaree07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddemaree07

I understand a limit of 3. but why cant I purchase 1 of each type???

kmartind

ddemaree07 wrote:I understand a limit of 3. but why cant I purchase 1 of each type???

You should be able to add one type to your cart, then add another type to your cart, then check out (as long as the total quantity doesn't exceed 3).

acanarelli

quality posts: 223 Private Messages acanarelli

Hi Dave,

I have not purchased Rayovac batteries for some time now. In the past I bought all brands and frequently would buy Rayovac when on sale. Over time, I found a problem with Rayovac and ONLY Rayovac batteries of all sizes. The problem was this...

The batteries would split at the seems and let out this clear acid stuff which would ruin the battery compartment as well as the item it was powering. When this happened, a radio, a flashlight, an older camera and anything else the batteries were in would never work again. And here's the most important point. In every case the batteries which caused the problem were ALWAYS ROYOCAC! Why does this happen?

reverendc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reverendc

Same price as the Costco Kirkland brand:
Kirkland 48/$15.28 = $0.32
Rayovac 72/($19.99+$5.00 Shipping)=$.032

If you buy 3 packs, it goes to $0.27
Calcs are only for AA batteries. To lazy to figure out the rest.

sriramonly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sriramonly
acanarelli wrote: In every case the batteries which caused the problem were ALWAYS ROYOCAC!

Did you mean Rayovac?

sriramonly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sriramonly
kmartind wrote:Agreed, the quantity 96 is priced at least $1 (or more) higher than it should be based on the price for 72.

I believe the 96 is cheaper if you consider shipping for 1 unit:

29.99/96 = 31.23 cents each
22.99/72 = 31.93 cents each

TeamRayovac

acanarelli wrote:Hi Dave,

I have not purchased Rayovac batteries for some time now. In the past I bought all brands and frequently would buy Rayovac when on sale. Over time, I found a problem with Rayovac and ONLY Rayovac batteries of all sizes. The problem was this...

The batteries would split at the seems and let out this clear acid stuff which would ruin the battery compartment as well as the item it was powering. When this happened, a radio, a flashlight, an older camera and anything else the batteries were in would never work again. And here's the most important point. In every case the batteries which caused the problem were ALWAYS ROYOCAC! Why does this happen?

This is not a typical experience with our product, so I apologize for not being able to respond. Did you return the product?

kmartind

sriramonly wrote:I believe the 96 is cheaper if you consider shipping for 1 unit:
29.99/96 = 31.23 cents each
22.99/72 = 31.93 cents each

True, if one really wanted between 72 and 96 batteries, but not 144, and wasn't ordering any other Woot items at the time. It still seems inconsistent though.

mariegg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mariegg

Seems like a good deal to me and a quality product too. Hmm, I'll have to think about it though..

RaiseAkitas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RaiseAkitas

People are asking questions but not getting real answers:

Why is it more expensive when you buy more?
Response: Your right.

I have had these corrode and ruin my battery compartment in the past.
Response:
Did you return them? (ummm, what about the destroyed item they were in???)

I buy Duracell or Eveready and have had zero problems with corrosion.

vbexpert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vbexpert
I buy Duracell or Eveready and have had zero problems with corrosion.

For what it's worth, I pulled two corroded Duracell AA batteries out of a child's toy the other day that had been sitting unused for a while. There was leakage from the bottom of the battery (negative post) that caused corrosion to the negative terminal in the device's battery compartment that I had to clean up. This is not a problem that is limited to the Rayovac brand.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Hey Dave, if you are near a radio or PC this morning (Monday) at 11:06, tune in WPR (Larry Meillor) as he has me on as a guest talking about digital cameras again.

You can also stream the broadcast at the WPR org site.

In the past, I have received PR material from Rayovac, and I personally use the products in cameras, etc. I think a lot of folks don't know what battery works best in high drain, etc. items.

A great WISCONSIN product!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
vbexpert wrote:For what it's worth, I pulled two corroded Duracell AA batteries out of a child's toy the other day that had been sitting unused for a while. There was leakage from the bottom of the battery (negative post) that caused corrosion to the negative terminal in the device's battery compartment that I had to clean up. This is not a problem that is limited to the Rayovac brand.

Most electric devices state in the manual to remove batteries when the device is not used for a long time.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

TeamRayovac

radi0j0hn wrote:Hey Dave, if you are near a radio or PC this morning (Monday) at 11:06, tune in WPR

A great WISCONSIN product!

I look forward to it, thanks for the heads up.

bobmundy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobmundy
kmartind wrote:I've noticed a somewhat shorter life from the Kodak-branded alkalines purchased on Woot versus store brand alkalines from a warehouse club (even though both were years away from expiration). Has anyone compared the Rayovacs to either of those and found a difference?
(in any case they have to be LOT better than those dumb "super heavy duty" non-alkalines that seem to have battery life measured in minutes or seconds rather than hours or days).

I THINK YOUR COMMENT IS FAR FROM ACCURATE.....

corvettejoe

quality posts: 22 Private Messages corvettejoe

I've browsed the last few battery sales (of different brands) and was hoping for a variety pack, but alas, none this time either. I think I've only ever seen one variety pack. I don't need a ton of each battery, but I could use a ton of different types of batteries all in one package... I got a few large flashlights to refill (C, D), smaller ones (AAA) and lots of stuff using AA, and a few tech tools using 9V.

TeamRayovac

RaiseAkitas wrote:

Why is it more expensive when you buy more?

Did you return them?

Shipping costs are factored into the overall cost.

Our return policy includes any device that may have been damaged.

nucleardrugs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nucleardrugs

So if I mail in my Maglight where the Rayovac batteries swelled so much I can not open the battery compartment you will send me a new flashlight?

TeamRayovac

nucleardrugs wrote:So if I mail in my Maglight where the Rayovac batteries swelled so much I can not open the battery compartment you will send me a new flashlight?

That is correct.

cmacrun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmacrun

If you have a Menards close to you, they have 48 packs of AA and AAA Rayovacs on sale this week for $6.99 after rebate. Even if you skip the rebate (I think it's roughly $3) you're still ahead of the woot price. Love me some Menards.

jmille72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmille72

Almost as cheap as Walmart. 96 count of same Rayovacs for $24.97... with free shippping. I thought Woot was supposed to have deals here?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rayovac-815-96F-Rayovac-Alkaline-AA-Batteries-96-Pack/27127020?action=product_interest&action_type=image&placement_id=irs_middle&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=48691418582&category=0%3A3944%3A3945%3A473219&client_guid=1328d984-e1c9-438c-9770-47067b165cb3&customer_id_enc=e76dcbb2f7599ce43ee4f9eca076d15d&config_id=0&parent_item_id=27127020&guid=2b3073b9-8268-4ba5-88b3-e918f3c5b5cc&bucket_id=irsbucket011&findingMethod=p13n

[MOD: Free shipping on orders over $50]

kndane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kndane
TeamRayovac wrote:This is not a typical experience with our product, so I apologize for not being able to respond. Did you return the product?

I've had the same issue of leaking from these Rayovacs; several flameless candles were ruined and never worked again. So, these weren't exactly a bargain for me!

glubash

quality posts: 11 Private Messages glubash

9V cheaper at the mother-ship and also with free shipping (with and without Prime):

http://www.amazon.com/Rayovac-Alkaline-Reclosable-Batteries-8-Pack/dp/B00008MOQ5/ref=sr_1_2

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

Better AA deal at Big A
$.23 - .24 per unit
and free shipping with Subscribe/Save!

TeamRayovac

kndane wrote:I've had the same issue of leaking from these Rayovacs; several flameless candles were ruined and never worked again. So, these weren't exactly a bargain for me!

Sorry to hear about that. Did you contact our consumer service department? We back our products 100% and offer a money back guarantee along with a device guarantee that would cover the damaged candles. http://www.rayovac.com/Contact-Us/Warranty-And-Guarantee.aspx

toddcleaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddcleaver

I have 3 packs of 12 D size Rayovac batteries all with different dates several years into the future. They are all leaking milky white fluid. They have been stored in a climate controlled environment since they were purchased. I did contact customer service and was told to ship them back at my expense with the receipt. Well just how many folks save their receipts for a purchase like batteries? I was first only disappointed in the batteries but mistakes do happen it was the customer service policy of requiring a receipt and paying for shipping that really turned me against Rayovac. To me the guarantee that Dave is referring people to was useless. If you plan to buy bulk batteries and store them for any period of time do some research before you buy Rayovac.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

RE: Cost per battery discussion

The cost per battery is more in line with your expectations when you consider the $5 shipping. Also 96 batteries costs more to ship - more weight.

Now, how about these batteries?

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders