zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]

Simmons Curv 2" Topper-Gel or Standard-5 Sizes
Price: $49.99 - 89.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, Feb 26 to Thursday, Feb 27) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 2943 Private Messages lichme

thumperchick

quality posts: 241 Private Messages thumperchick

I would love to add a layer of comfort to our 5 year old mattress and extend its life a bit.

Is the gel really that comfortable, and does it keep cool? Or, like it's pillow counterpart, does it end up absorbing and reflecting your body heat back at you?

tagbert

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tagbert

I got the 3" one a few months ago. Really love it. We were thinking we would need a new mattress because it just wasn't comfortable anymore but with the new topper, it is heaven.

spun4621

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spun4621

I received a Serta pillow top mattress about 7 years ago. There's very little support left in it. Don't get me wrong, its nice and cozy, but your back WILL be sore in the morning.

Can this topper be put on a pillow top mattress? I understand I'll probably have a hell of a time finding a fitted sheet that will actually stay on...but, will the memory foam/gel top still work as intended? Or does it need something more firm under it, like a regular mattress.

Thanks everyone!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3537 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out some of the reasons why we all need a good nights sleep from webmd.com and harvard.edu

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

MADE IN THE USA, guys!!!

My town manufacturers mattresses, and it is great to have all this business here in the U. S. A.

So: buy, buy, buy!! (you can get three, right?)

lemonflavor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lemonflavor
lstaff wrote:MADE IN THE USA, guys!!!

My town manufacturers mattresses, and it is great to have all this business here in the U. S. A.

So: buy, buy, buy!! (you can get three, right?)

We need to know if it's a good product.

thumperchick

lemonflavor wrote:We need to know if it's a good product.

Country of origin is helpful information, too.

Lowerone

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Lowerone

Not sure how the 2" and 3" compare, but here is a link to the discussion of the 3" topper here on Woot. Please be aware that THIS SALE is the 2" topper though.

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5599641

thumperchick

Okay, weird things are happening tonight... Notice anything missing from the Q P list?

Then the comment preview thing is showing the right avatars, but no names -

robotbetty9

quality posts: 5 Private Messages robotbetty9

Will this keep a robot safe and warm?

--Robot Betty9
www.robots-and-androids.com for robot lovers and lovers of robots.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thumperchick wrote:Okay, weird things are happening tonight... Notice anything missing from the Q P list?

We like to play around and change things up.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cousineaud

quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud

Hi All,

I am with the manufacturer and will be able to answer any questions you have.

So, please... Fire away!

cousineaud

spun4621 wrote:I received a Serta pillow top mattress about 7 years ago. There's very little support left in it. Don't get me wrong, its nice and cozy, but your back WILL be sore in the morning.

Can this topper be put on a pillow top mattress? I understand I'll probably have a hell of a time finding a fitted sheet that will actually stay on...but, will the memory foam/gel top still work as intended? Or does it need something more firm under it, like a regular mattress.

Thanks everyone!

The topper can be used with a pillow top mattress and is perfect for adding comfort to an old mattress.

However , if your old mattress is breaking down and sagging, the memory foam really won't fix that issue.

I'm afraid it may just be time for a new mattress.

Skiwinterpark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skiwinterpark

Does this come with a cover? If not, is a cover needed?

What is the weight of the gel infused queen?

Can one resize this by cutting it themselves?

Do you believe it would work on a sleeper sofa?

KENDOG4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENDOG4
KENDOG4 wrote:

Any idea on what type of fitted sheets work best?

KDOG771

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj
cousineaud wrote:The topper can be used with a pillow top mattress and is perfect for adding comfort to an old mattress.

However , if your old mattress is breaking down and sagging, the memory foam really won't fix that issue.

I'm afraid it may just be time for a new mattress.

I'm wondering about the possibility of a gel leak. Can you please comment?

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

kippyj

KENDOG4 wrote:Any idea on what type of fitted sheets work best?

I have an antique full-size bed and I just buy queen-size sheet sets. There's a little bit of extra sheet, but I just tuck it under the mattress. My mattress is a pillow-top, so it was already stretched to the limit with deep-pocket full-size sheets before I added the current topper.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

cousineaud

kippyj wrote:I'm wondering about the possibility of a gel leak. Can you please comment?

The gel is infused into the foam, so no possibility of a leak.

yossisiegel

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yossisiegel

Can this be used with a heated mattress pad? or will it all melt into a giant goo?

kippyj

cousineaud wrote:The gel is infused into the foam, so no possibility of a leak.

Thank you! It's time to replace the memory foam topper I have now. I think I'll go with the gel this time.

yossisiegel

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yossisiegel
kippyj wrote:Thank you! It's time to replace the memory foam topper I have now. I think I'll go with the gel this time.

Do you think 2" is enough? seems that its too small and will compress to almost nothing?

daneyuleb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daneyuleb
yossisiegel wrote:Can this be used with a heated mattress pad? or will it all melt into a giant goo?

I would like to know that as well.

psychboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychboy

I was seriously considering getting this as my first woot, but I'm having trouble dealing with the model names of the Curv mattress line: The Latest Thing™, All The Rage™, and Vogue™. They make me angry for some reason.

intuitionx2

quality posts: 5 Private Messages intuitionx2
spun4621 wrote:I received a Serta pillow top mattress about 7 years ago. There's very little support left in it. Don't get me wrong, its nice and cozy, but your back WILL be sore in the morning.

Thanks everyone!

The foam will conform to the shap below it. If the mattress give the foam gives.

It can fix a hard mattress but not a failing spring.

intuitionx2

quality posts: 5 Private Messages intuitionx2
daneyuleb wrote:I would like to know that as well.

They do not recommend heated mattress covers. Above or below any foam topper.

cousineaud

Skiwinterpark wrote:Does this come with a cover? If not, is a cover needed?

What is the weight of the gel infused queen?

Can one resize this by cutting it themselves?

Do you believe it would work on a sleeper sofa?

No cover included.
Queen is 23lbs
You can resize the topper (Use a long, straight edge... like a 2x4... lubricate a sharp knife and the foam will cut like a loaf of bread)
It would work on a sleeper sofa.

cousineaud

yossisiegel wrote:Can this be used with a heated mattress pad? or will it all melt into a giant goo?

It can be used with a heated mattress pad.

cousineaud

intuitionx2 wrote:They do not recommend heated mattress covers. Above or below any foam topper.

You would never use below the topper, but you can use a heated mattress pad above the topper.

cousineaud

yossisiegel wrote:Do you think 2" is enough? seems that its too small and will compress to almost nothing?

2" is the most popular size for mattress toppers. It is still supportive and adds comfort.

dougbrae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougbrae

I fear anyone who uses the phrase "lubricate a sharp knife"

billthegunowner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages billthegunowner

If I add 2" to the height of my mattress, my bed sheets won't fit.

Bill

thumperchick

ThunderThighs wrote:We like to play around and change things up.

Break stuff, you mean?

yankeekiwi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yankeekiwi

We have a holiday home in up state New York which we use on an occasional basis over the winter. While we are away we turn the temp way down, just warm enough to stop the pipes freezing. We have thought of having a memory foam mattress/topper on our bed (we find the mattress too firm) I am concerned though with the cold. We have a memory foam mattress at home and the day it was delivered was COLD, and the mattress was as hard as a brick until it warmed up which took an hour or two. Would this be a problem with the topper in the 'snow zone' We normally arrive late in the evening and if we had to wait a few hours to thaw the topper before hitting the hay it wouldn't be a hugely successful investment.

thumperchick

cousineaud wrote:It can be used with a heated mattress pad.

Hi! Does the gel foam stay cool throughout the night? Or does it end up reflecting your own heat back at you after a few hours?

angrychuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angrychuck

Can this be used on top of a waterbed mattress?

Jaspers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jaspers

Is there a smell and does it go away? We have a similar gel topper on our mattress and it had a pretty strong plastic/chemical smell for about a week while we let it air out.

sdmcfarland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdmcfarland

I had gotten the 3" gel topper a few months ago. My bed is about 10 years old and is made of foam. There were sagging areas of the mattress we owned and when I put the topper on it did take on the shape of the mattress we had and I went to a technic I had used at the hospital I work in when there is a mattress that has areas that need support. I took some towels or you can use some blankets, and fold them and put them under the topper where these issues are until it improves the surface of the topper. It's a great way to get more years out of that old mattress and save up for a better one. I love the topper I sleep great.