kenworld

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenworld

I want one but the site will not let me add one to the cart. Is anyone else experiencing this issues.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
bluemaple wrote:@gak0090, I think I get their point about drawing on a tablet.

I want a Note but can't yet justify it since we are fully tableted at present.

For doing initial design/drawings, the Wacom/stylus precision is a huge leap forward vs sloppy finger (or coarse, generic, capacitive, eraser-head stylus) on non-wacom screen. Try a Note and you'll see the difference.

As to real estate screen size, that depends on whether you are writing or drawing. I can see how the 5 inch note would be too small to take advantage and the 8 inch might be constrained for some folks. But a 10 inch screen really shines for drawing... and that glorious new 12.2 Note Pro? Wish I could justify spending $750 on it!

Thanks for the response. I've played a little with the Note at a Sams club, but not enough to get a real feel for it. About being overloaded with tablets. With 4 people in our family, 1 Asus Transformer,1 Nexus 7, 2 x Acer a500, 2 x Nook HD 9 with CM and finally 1 POS Ainol 7" "quad core" tablet. But none of them have a wacom digitizer...always looking for justification.

gryhnd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gryhnd
kenworld wrote:I want one but the site will not let me add one to the cart. Is anyone else experiencing this issues.

read back some posts friend

efxguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages efxguy

Still no workee.

eta: I got one in my cart at this point, but unable to check out. One step further along, I guess!

jkgrantham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkgrantham

I received all AA batteries I ordered both AA and AAA. I tried to enter a message multiple times at support and get the following error. I don't want to put my order number in a public forum. So how do I contact you to solve my issue.

yikes, there's been a server error
Something on our side of things went wrong. The site could be overloaded, or you may have tried something we didn't test.

If you get this error page consistently, we'd love it if you'd write us, telling us exactly what you did to get the error. With any luck, we'll fix the problem, and it'll work the next time you try.

Click here to go to our home page.

mario143

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mario143

Unable to buy

mario143

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mario143
kenworld wrote:I want one but the site will not let me add one to the cart. Is anyone else experiencing this issues.

I'm in the same situation !!!

TrojanDan98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrojanDan98

The support page also isn't working. It's funny because the 404 type page tells to let you guys know about it by using the support page.

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255
zeta30 wrote:All you had to do is load a different launcher and you no longer have to see Toachwiz. Or better yet, root the device and find a non-Touchwiz ROM.

All you have to do. LoL. Download a root manager, find a ROM, find another ROM. Backup your device, get USB to work, Try again. Load ROM. Wonder aloud. Then figure out hours later that Google apps are separate. Find and install gapps. Wonder aloud. Find correct version of gapps. Install. Rinse, repeat.

bryantthesmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryantthesmith

I have had this same tablet for about 4 months. I am actually writing this review with the stylus pen. I love the form factor, the smoothness of the OS (Android 4.2.2 but a Kitkat upgrade is coming Soon), and the stylus is awesome if you need to take a lot of notes. If you don't need or want an active digitizer like the Note has, don't waste your money on a Note. Get a Nexus or a Galaxy Tab.

The Note series is a premium tablet line. I do not recommend this for kids. The built in IR remote is Ok, but it won't replace your primary remote as an 8 inch tablet is just too big to be a remote control.

This is a great price for a great tablet. I'd get one if I didn't already have two (I got one for my wife, too).

woots: 15
kid.woots: 1
sellout.woots: 2
Bundle of Crops: 9

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

fdavis2744 wrote:Do you think anyone at Woot realizes their support page is not working??? Bought two watches...one came broken.

Hello WOOT????? You out there???? Please give us a legitimate way to contact you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please email support@woot.com directly from your email account; don't forget your order number and user name.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

manhandsha

Staff

jbrannen2468 wrote:How about the refurbished?? It doesn't say factory refurbished? Should I be worried?? What condition would I expect?

If you hover your mouse over the 'Refurbished' condition on the product page, you can see our definition. I've personally purchased refurbs from woot; aesthetically, I'd never know they were refurbished. YMMV, but I've had good experiences so far.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

manhandsha

Staff

jayhipple wrote:I'd just mention that you get no warranty with an open box.

This tablet comes with a 90 Day Woot Limited Warranty. If you scroll wayyy down to the bottom of the 'Features' tab, you'll see the warranty info there.

manhandsha

Staff

gryhnd wrote:None of the woot sites' shopping carts are working for me. Just spins gears when adding an item. Tried multiple browsers. Wife wants boots. Is it just me?

Sorry for the trouble! Our devs are working on the issue. Please try ordering again a little later.

ptkelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ptkelly

Sorry to crap up the Samsung conversation, but I'm in some kind of "No Woot! Support For You!" loop. I bought a Roku player with a broken remote, so I go to the support page, enter my problem, get a server error which tells me to go write to woot where I can email about advertising or a resume, or I can SNAIL MAIL A LETTER!. It also gives me a link to the support page that brings me to the support page that keeps giving me a server error. That page also gives me a link to the forums WHERE THERE IS NO OPTION FOR A SUPPORT FORUM!. So hopefully, there is someone that works at woot that views these forums. If not somebody please report me so someone from woot! will look at this.

IRONY: Support page states "Where Irate wooters become woot lovers", or something like that. I was not Irate until after the first two attempts to get support, and the weird looping hell showing no support options.

For those here to get a tablet, I've never had issues getting products, but those products have functioned. I don't know if this is typical of Woot! support, but so far the experience is not good. I've bought many things, and have been happy. I hope your tablet works.

pat

ejeon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejeon
bryantthesmith wrote:I have had this same tablet for about 4 months. I am actually writing this review with the stylus pen. I love the form factor, the smoothness of the OS (Android 4.2.2 but a Kitkat upgrade is coming Soon), and the stylus is awesome if you need to take a lot of notes. If you don't need or want an active digitizer like the Note has, don't waste your money on a Note. Get a Nexus or a Galaxy Tab.

The Note series is a premium tablet line. I do not recommend this for kids. The built in IR remote is Ok, but it won't replace your primary remote as an 8 inch tablet is just too big to be a remote control.

This is a great price for a great tablet. I'd get one if I didn't already have two (I got one for my wife, too).

This. I can see how the S Pen might be gimmicky for a lot of users, but there's one piece of functionality that saves me a lot of time that I don't see mentioned very often:

In S Note, there's a mathematical expression recognition mode that lets you write out stuff like formulas, integrals and PDEs and then hit "solve". It links directly to Wolfram Alpha and plugs everything in for you. I'm a physics major, and it's been an invaluable resource. I imagine it might be hella useful for engineers, or anyone in school for a STEM major.

I also download the e-versions of most of my textbooks, and my Note 8 is a hell of a lot easier to carry around. Combined with the numerous online assignment websites my professors use, and the ability to hand-edit documents and draw diagrams along side my homework problems, I use this thing for hours a day, every day.

ejeon

michael2255 wrote:All you have to do. LoL. Download a root manager, find a ROM, find another ROM. Backup your device, get USB to work, Try again. Load ROM. Wonder aloud. Then figure out hours later that Google apps are separate. Find and install gapps. Wonder aloud. Find correct version of gapps. Install. Rinse, repeat.

Even if you're not loading a custom ROM (I didn't, because oddly, I LIKE a couple of the Samsung apps) just rooting your device allows you to do a lot of cool stuff to improve performance and functionality. And rooting is really pretty simple. It took me less than 10 minutes, and I'd never done it before.

mull1946

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mull1946

I can't put anything in the cart. I want to buy 3 different things and I can't. Please fix it on your end.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
ptkelly wrote:Sorry to crap up the Samsung conversation, but I'm in some kind of "No Woot! Support For You!" loop. I bought a Roku player with a broken remote, so I go to the support page, enter my problem, get a server error which tells me to go write to woot where I can email about advertising or a resume, or I can SNAIL MAIL A LETTER!. It also gives me a link to the support page that brings me to the support page that keeps giving me a server error. That page also gives me a link to the forums WHERE THERE IS NO OPTION FOR A SUPPORT FORUM!. So hopefully, there is someone that works at woot that views these forums. If not somebody please report me so someone from woot! will look at this.

IRONY: Support page states "Where Irate wooters become woot lovers", or something like that. I was not Irate until after the first two attempts to get support, and the weird looping hell showing no support options.

For those here to get a tablet, I've never had issues getting products, but those products have functioned. I don't know if this is typical of Woot! support, but so far the experience is not good. I've bought many things, and have been happy. I hope your tablet works.

The site is apparently partly broken at the moment, you have two options:

manhandsha wrote:Please email support@woot.com directly from your email account; don't forget your order number and user name.

or wait a while, then use the support page when it's fixed.

manhandsha

Staff

mull1946 wrote:I can't put anything in the cart. I want to buy 3 different things and I can't. Please fix it on your end.

Our devs are working to fix this, please try back in a bit. Sorry for the trouble.

kylelmccoy

quality posts: 13 Private Messages kylelmccoy
Carloswithac wrote:I wonder if this is toddler proof. I want to get my niece a tablet for games and learning.

I would not get this for a toddler. I would instead invest in a sub $100 nicely used tab running android, and put a $30 otterbox or Trident case on it. The older kindle fire would probably be a good choice - I know you can find an Trident case for about $15-20 on ebay, and they regularly go on sale for $70-99.

And as a note - I love my Samsung products, but just feel that a Galaxy note is a little overkill for the sub-pre-teen set.

FYI - I can add one to my cart just fine....

lordbah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordbah
conanthelibrarian wrote:Great reviews 94.7 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

94.7 out of 5.0 suggests to me that someone is cheating.

kam17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kam17

does it work with (Google) voice? – My guess is that one would need to add an app. Thank you.

SilentLegend

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SilentLegend
zeta30 wrote:Short answer, yes you can run KitKat quite well on the Note 8. But you will need to root it and install a custom ROM to do so. I installed a KitKat ROM on my sister's Note 8 and she loves it more now than she did when it was right out of the box.

Do the custom ROMs still have that slick split screen feature? Because I love that.

ejeon

kam17 wrote:does it work with (Google) voice? – My guess is that one would need to add an app. Thank you.

Yes, it works fine for both calls and texts, but you'll need a VOIP app like GrooveIP or Talkatone for voice calls. The only issue is that the Note 8 doesn't have an earpiece like the earlier Samsung tablets, so you'd need to use a headset for best results.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

I bought one. I'm such a sucker.

MISSYQUICK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISSYQUICK

How would you connect this to a television? It does not have a hdmi port. Thank you.

ElectronicJunkie

xrayangiodoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xrayangiodoc

Not stated in the specs but the Note 8 also has onboard GPS capability. If you buy a cheap USB On The Go (OTG) cable you can connect thumb drives and other low power USB accessories. A very nice feature that iPad cannot match! I really like that I can easily add stuff to the Note without having to use the equivalent of iTunes!

xrayangiodoc

t2000kw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages t2000kw
fdavis2744 wrote:Do you think anyone at Woot realizes their support page is not working??? Bought two watches...one came broken.

It took me 8 days to get a response on an item I had that came broken. (They ask for a week to get back to you about returns.) I asked for a pre-paid return shipping label and they supplied it. The refund was applied to my account about a month after the original purchase. if you haven't waited at least a week, I would give them more time. If you have, then you might need to raise some eyebrows at Woot and contact your states and their state's attorneys general. You could first send a registered, trackable letter to their physical address inquiring again about getting a refund and telling them to contact you immediately since you are considering filing a complaint with the attorneys general. It's not worth their time to deal with in official investigation from two attorneys general, so your letter might get someone's attention.

Here's where you can find the email and physical addresses:

http://www.woot.com/writeus

Keep in mind that it's always better to be patient and friendly and save the big guns for last.

I agree that they don't make it easy for returns. That has made many people stop buying from them. They would do well to take a look at customer service. It is what makes their parent company, Amazon.com, so great.

vixro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vixro

This is true, I do use my phone more for web browsing if I'm using the smaller version. Otherwise the 7" is weird when I can just use my larger tab.

redstang wrote:For those commenting stating that they don't understand the 8" size, all you have to do is do some web browsing to get the difference. I have a 7" Galaxy Tab and my kids have iPad Minis - I far prefer the 8" form factor to the 7", especially for about the same money. The reason being: web browsing. Web browsing is still quite annoying on a 7" tablet, which is sort of a wide-screen format. To me, it is the 7" size that doesn't make sense. At that size you might as well just use your 4 to 5" phone. 8" is the perfect compromise if you don't want to spend the extra money for a full size tablet. This tempts me, as did the deal for the $180 Tab 3 the other day, but I've hit my electronics budget for the quarter.

metagg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages metagg

Anybody else make the mistake of buying some other tablet and expected it to be able to write and draw on it the way you can on a Galaxy Note? I made that mistake as I had planned on using a Motorola Xoom to take class notes while going to school. I'm stuck with sloppy finger painting until I graduate. Just kidding, I use a nice pencil and a notebook and my Xoom is stuck being used as a graphic calculator. I wish I would have bought a Galaxy Note instead.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
michael2255 wrote:All you have to do. LoL. Download a root manager, find a ROM, find another ROM. Backup your device, get USB to work, Try again. Load ROM. Wonder aloud. Then figure out hours later that Google apps are separate. Find and install gapps. Wonder aloud. Find correct version of gapps. Install. Rinse, repeat.

That is ROOTING with a custom ROM. A LAUNCHER...directions: Go to Google Play (touch icon that reads PLAY). Search "LAUNCHER"...choose one. Download.

There are many different launchers available (both free and paid). They do NOT need root access and do NOT remove your GAPPs or anything of the sort.

I HATE misinformation that scare the novice from a simple procedure.

vgambino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vgambino

I just received mine this evening and it is currently performing the automatic update to Kit Kat

baised

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baised

This is Excellent for the price. I've owned one for close to a year, and its the perfect balance between a 5" and 10". Most people won't be happy with the resolution of the screen, but I think its just fine especially for taking notes. Speed is fine for browsing and writing, although at times it can have trouble with intense games.

I've owned the new Note 10.1 2014 version, and the Note 2, and I actually enjoy the Note 8.0 much better (to each their own) than either of them. Yes the 10.1 2014 version has a nicer screen and higher specs, but if you're using this tablet for Note taking or drawing, higher everything also meant draining the battery quickly. I just shut off the Wi-fi, turn down the screen to 35-50%, and I'm set for hours in school. Also, although the new S-note has nice new shiny excellent features, there is obvious lag in the pen, and you can't use detailed erasing when drawing like the note 8.0. In erase mode, once you touch the current piece you have written, the eraser will remove EVERYTHING. There are no settings to remove this. The Note 8.0 uses very detailed erasing, and writing is very smooth.

For those that are wondering if the Note 8.0 is good for taking notes at school, I'd say yes. I've used it through 3 hour classes no problem, and its easy to write and erase things during class. Once I hit 60-70%, I attach a portable battery to it and juice it back to 100%. Place the tablet in landscape, and its easy to write. Pinch to zoom for detailed writing and you can pan around the screen using the same two fingers while dragging them along to the spots you'd like to view (at times it feels like an old type writer when pulling the page back to the beginning of the next line). Its great for kids to practice their ABC's, just be sure to properly protect it and keep an eye on the S-pen.

S-note is decent, but I prefer using the app Lecture Notes. It costs $5, but well worth the cost if you like to customize your note taking and download PDF's to write over. I sometimes download Coloring Book PDF's for my niece to draw on and save myself from buying books and crayons. Its also great when a professor emails PDF's for class because you can highlight important information. I'd sometimes "white out" terms, study the content, then remove the "white out" portions to check if I was correct on the term. Its and excellent tool.

In the end, its all about personal preference. I like the balance of an 8" tablet, vs bigger or smaller versions. I think I spent too much money at the time I purchased this gadget, but if the tablet is in the $200 range, I'd say its worth every penny. Spend time with it, and you'll be very happy with this device.

vgambino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vgambino

I spoke too soon...my Note just updated to Android version 4.2.2, not Kit Kat. I'm still a VERY happy camper!