zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

Dyson DC41 Bagless Vacuum - Purple
Price: $279.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, Mar 05 to Thursday, Mar 06) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/19/2014 - $279.99 (Woot-off) - 1 comment(s)
12/3/2013 - $279.99 - 58 comment(s)
11/29/2013 - $299.49 (Woot-off) - 5 comment(s)

12/5/2013 - $279.99 (Woot Plus)
9/13/2013 - $299.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

madkoala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madkoala

What is the voltage?

lichme

quality posts: 2673 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3132 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at The O and costco (4.7 out of 5.0)

creardon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages creardon

I bought this same model during the Woot December 2013 sale as well as the HooverWindrunnel T- Series on Amazon. Here is my reaction after the first three months of nearly daily use. My Dyson refurb was missing the plastic cap at the top of the wand, which becomes a bit problematic when put into the upright position. The ball is a bit wobbly as well. And sometimes it doesn't pick up big stuff on the first pass. But overall,I rate it highly, especially at this reduced price. My border collie sheds, and this machine does an amazing job at picking up dog hair. It is equally amazing at picking up dust. I don't know how I existed before, as I am always emptying big wads of fur and dust. You do need to learn how to put it in the upright position, and the hose isn't very flexible. But the supplied tools do an amazing job vacuuming underneath furniture and the electronics. This DOESN'T come with the hard floor tool or the tangle free turbine, which is useful for dog hair on furniture, They can be bought separately on Amazon. It folds away neatly, and despite some peoples'fears, the plastic is sturdy, but not rigid or stiff. I will soon need to clean the inside filers, which is done every 3 months. I don't understand why Consumer Reports rates it so poorly, except for the extraordinarily high price. The Hoover that I bought for my Mom last year receives the second highest CR rating, possibly for its price, its performance, and convenience...especially its nifty electric cord storage solution. It is a simpler model, and one is unable to turn off the rug beater. I would pay the extra for the Dyson refurb, because of its maneuverability, strong suction in the tools, and the convenience of storage. Obviously the Dyson also looks cool, which adds to the fun factor.

Bob0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bob0

I keep wondering how Dyson can have so many units that become refurbs! I'm not being snarky here.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, we're gonna change things up a bit. Besides giving your review, what's the oddest thing your Dyson has sucked up.

I was vacuuming out the inside of a drawer and carefully moved the contents to one side. That Chapstick got sucked in all the way from the other side before I knew it.

Another time, I was sucking the dust off a Swiffer duster that was firmly attached to the handle one minute and inside my DC7 the next.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ross549

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ross549
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, we're gonna change things up a bit. Besides giving your review, what's the oddest thing your Dyson has sucked up.

For the record, a Dyson DC24 *will* lose suction, if you use it to clean your fireplace ash or to suck up drywall dust on a construction site.

Adam

ThunderThighs

Staff

ross549 wrote:For the record, a Dyson DC24 *will* lose suction, if you use it to clean your fireplace ash or to suck up drywall dust on a construction site.

Adam

probably needs a good filter cleaning.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CoolGuy094

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CoolGuy094

Sorry... Dyson red shirt here looking to buy my first. I know this isn't the "Animal" version that comes with the extra bits... could someone tell me what those extra bits are that I am missing out on if I buy this "non-Animal" version? And someone mentioned being able to buy these extra bits on Amazon... could someone link to those items on Amazon for me? I'm just interested to know what I'm -not- getting to see if its something I would even want/need. Are there any other features of the "Animal" package or is it really just the extra attachments?

FYI - I don't have a shedding animal in my house, which I'm guessing is what the extra bits in the "Animal" package are good for.

ThunderThighs

Staff

CoolGuy094 wrote:Sorry... Dyson red shirt here looking to buy my first. I know this isn't the "Animal" version that comes with the extra bits... could someone tell me what those extra bits are that I am missing out on if I buy this "non-Animal" version? And someone mentioned being able to buy these extra bits on Amazon... could someone link to those items on Amazon for me? I'm just interested to know what I'm -not- getting to see if its something I would even want/need.

FYI - I don't have a shedding animal in my house, which I'm guessing is what the extra bits in the "Animal" package are good for.

The Animal versions come with a handheld Turbine Tool - brushes that move. The newest version is this Tangle Free Turbine Tool. I have the older version that includes tangles.

mrfishwhiskers

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mrfishwhiskers

I got this very same one from woot a couple years ago (reconditioned/refub) and have been pleased with it. I have a dog and two cats and it does better than most vacuums we had. The only minor draw back is the round head is heavy and isn't as maneuverable as one would think. Filters are easy to access and clean. Overall we'd buy another one/recommend.

CoolGuy094

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CoolGuy094
ThunderThighs wrote:The Animal versions come with a handheld Turbine Tool - brushes that move. The newest version is this Tangle Free Turbine Tool. I have the older version that includes tangles.

Thank you TT. I don't feel like I'm missing out on much then, and it looks like the turbine tool is readily available if I decide I absolutely need it in the future.

disraeli

quality posts: 7 Private Messages disraeli

BABYMETAL -- none of the three play an instrument, none of them even heard of metal as a music style before their induction into the band by the show biz corporation that owns their contracts.

FAKE METAL MUST DIE!

No matter how cute the faces.

Spare us your hipster ironic appreciation!

And today's woots are the saddest assortment I've ever seen across all categories. Not the slightest buy impulse from any one of 'em!!!

Technically, the glass is always full.

KHawk82880

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KHawk82880

I bought this vacuum from Woot about a year or two ago...

Complete piece of crap! <- not the good stuff like in the Bag 'O Crap.

The brush bar quit rotating (something with the rotating button) after a couple of months. We had to take it to a local shop to get it fixed.

The suction is still good, but the quality of the materials is very shoddy. The handles feel like they could break any day, the mechanism to keep the vacuum upright during storage is about to go, and the brush rotation is starting to mess up again.

It's definitely not worth paying a few hundred bucks when the $75 one at Wal-Mart is going to do the same thing.

gregchico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregchico

I got my referb DC41 here, cheaper.
http://abcvacuumwarehouse.com/remanufactured-dyson-dc41-red.html

I love it. It is a great vacuum cleaner.

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Eureka-AirSpeed-Bagless-Upright-Vacuum-AS1001A/21027087

I lot of people compare it to the dysons and say its just as good. And its $89...

fourthmeal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fourthmeal

I have one and had it for a long time. I find it to be a great vacuum overall. Nitpicks: the plastic is a little flimsy-flexy, so when you turn the handle to shift direction, you can feel the whole thing flex on you and then it turns, and same with carrying it, etc. Nothing has broken yet though, and it has been years. Strangest thing sucked up, was a plastic "noodle" from an "oodles of noodles" kid game

billthegunowner

quality posts: 12 Private Messages billthegunowner

I really like the refurbished Dyson ball Vac I got from Woot about 2 years ago. Picks up pet hair like you wouldn't believe. Nice long cord reaches into different rooms easily. Never had a problem with it. Zoom zoom.

Bill

Magincia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Magincia

I bought my first (and so far, only) Dyson from here in 2007, and after 3 moves, 6 dogs, 2 cats, numerous rugs/carpets, it still works great. I've only had to replace the roller on it, my fault since I don't always de-hair it, in the last 7 years. If you have animals I highly recommend a Dyson, you would not believe the amount of Lab, Golden Retriever, assorted mutts hairs you can pull from a rug with these vacuums.

Carpe Diem

winnifred00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winnifred00

I bought this last december. I now know how to take it all apart. You have to be careful what you pick up as I got dead leaves from my house plants stuck in it. It is stiff to move around. The hose is hard to put in and out but that could be me. It also falls over if you don't push it hard forward. I'm over 70 so had alot
of vacuums not worth the price.

pg318

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pg318
ross549 wrote:For the record, a Dyson DC24 *will* lose suction, if you use it to clean your fireplace ash or to suck up drywall dust on a construction site.

Adam

ThunderThighs wrote:probably needs a good filter cleaning.

Unfortunately the dust tends to stick to the insides of the airways and the cyclone generators, not sure if it's a static electricity thing, or that it's hygroscopic and tends to turn into a paste that dries in place, but I've had to scrape/wipe/wash out a couple of machines to get the suction back.

Homncruse

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Homncruse

I bought this exact vacuum during a previous Woot sale. I was skeptical - nearly $300 for a vacuum? Having gone through a few <$100 vacuums over the past few years, and borrowing (at the time of purchase) a ~$200 Bison vacuum, I can 100% vouch for this Dyson model.

I vacuumed my floors with a ~$200 Bison model (don't know the exact model, sorry - about the same generation though), and when this vacuum showed up 3 days later, I vacuumed again. OH. MY. GOD. You will be shocked - SHOCKED - and perhaps a little bit disgusted - with what other vacuums leave behind. I had to empty the bin 3 times in my 1200 square foot townhouse with 2 cats.

Seriously. Buy this vacuum. It is money well spent. It's already lasted me about as long as my <$100 cheap, piece of crap "clearance" Walmart vacuums (that died around this time of ownership).

"No name, no order, no art, no limit... Such are the Paths of Mystery."

ThunderThighs

Staff

pg318 wrote:Unfortunately the dust tends to stick to the insides of the airways and the cyclone generators, not sure if it's a static electricity thing, or that it's hygroscopic and tends to turn into a paste that dries in place, but I've had to scrape/wipe/wash out a couple of machines to get the suction back.

I give mine a few good whacks with my fist when I'm emptying. All kinds of white dust stuff falls out of the middle.

Edit: That reads a lot worse than I meant for it to but I'm not going to change it.

jubalharshaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jubalharshaw

Did you get the repair covered under the 6 month refurb warranty?
And which $75 vacuum from WalMart was equal to or better?
Thanks!

KHawk82880 wrote:I bought this vacuum from Woot about a year or two ago...

Complete piece of crap! <- not the good stuff like in the Bag 'O Crap.

The brush bar quit rotating (something with the rotating button) after a couple of months. We had to take it to a local shop to get it fixed.

The suction is still good, but the quality of the materials is very shoddy. The handles feel like they could break any day, the mechanism to keep the vacuum upright during storage is about to go, and the brush rotation is starting to mess up again.

It's definitely not worth paying a few hundred bucks when the $75 one at Wal-Mart is going to do the same thing.

Bill Lukens
Bluemont, VA

kenbeckman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenbeckman

Seems like I am not the only one with problems. Same issue as others with brush stopping working. But mine happened during warranty and Dyson kindly walked me thru rebooting. BUT once it happened again after warranty, Dyson refused to deal with it and denied ever talking me me within the warranty period. They are an unethical company in my personal opinion. Read the comlpaints and decide for yourself.

judischultz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages judischultz

The picture dies reflect that this is the animal vacuum, yet the comments say it is not. So which one is it?

offeredremains

quality posts: 0 Private Messages offeredremains
judischultz wrote:The picture dies reflect that this is the animal vacuum, yet the comments say it is not. So which one is it?

I think there is confusion between the animal and the animal complete. The difference is the attachments. This is the animal which comes with the stair tool and the combination tool. The animal complete comes with four additional attachments which are the tangle-free turbine tool, soft dusting brush, multi-angle brush, and stiff bristle brush.

stevei44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevei44

I have the Dyson Animal, it does a decent job on hair but it will push around, roll over a Cherrio or any other small item without even trying to pick it up. I went out and bought the Shark, 100 times better IMHO.

rwalsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwalsh
gregchico wrote:I got my referb DC41 here, cheaper.
http://abcvacuumwarehouse.com/remanufactured-dyson-dc41-red.html

I love it. It is a great vacuum cleaner.

Darn It! Wish I'd of seen this; cheaper and warranted for 3 years with free shipping...bleh!

grabby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grabby

Another +1 here. Bought as a Woot refurb in Dec 2013 and love it for carpets with 2 cats. Use it nearly daily and don't regret buying.