zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
Price: $64.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Mar 10 to Tuesday, Mar 11) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/28/2014 - $64.99 - 23 comment(s)
2/20/2014 - $64.99 - 96 comment(s)
1/26/2014 - $64.99 - 114 comment(s)

1/19/2014 - $64.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

acraigl

quality posts: 41 Private Messages acraigl

Love my Roku3. Paid $30 more than this. Highly recommend.

linxdev

quality posts: 1 Private Messages linxdev

I am running MediaTomb under Linux to serve MP4 videos to my Dish Hopper.

Will this Roku 3 play those?

RocRizzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo

Darn, did it again!
I was going to buy a couple of those batteries when I got home, as that's where I keep my plastic, and my secure machine.
Oh well, maybe they'll come around again, like the camera did last month.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

NOOOOOOO. On the other hand, maybe it was the Woot gods telling me to save my money

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

acraigl

quality posts: 41 Private Messages acraigl

Oh, so that's where my Beta's Big on Chucking Roku went.

rasputinaxp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rasputinaxp

Absolutely the best thing out there. Killer price. I think I may have to pick another one up for my bedroom upstairs...

snang

quality posts: 3 Private Messages snang

So I guess the one deal a day is gone now too?

I'm starting to care less and less about this website.

techiegirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages techiegirl

I bought 2 of these recently and love them. If you have any remote troubles change the batteries, the batteries in both of mine were almost dead.

genesisbreed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages genesisbreed

Got one of these during the last wootoff! Previously had a roku 2 XD that I wanted to upgrade from. Was worth every penny. The Roku 3 has yet to crash on me unlike the Roku 2. Also the headphone jack in the remote works great!. The 3 is also compatible with newer wireless network technologies. Not even Hulu has crashed on me yet...

xdavex

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xdavex

I bought a Roku 3 after my refurbed 2 XS gave it up and couldn't connect to my network. The 2 was nice, I like 3 better for the speed.

Jamessir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jamessir

Whoa... I came here for that one thing and now there's another thing... My mind is blown...

I'm so easy a caveman could do me!

gogododo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gogododo

bought one of these a few weeks ago from woot, works great. Only thing i had to do was reset the remote. I thought the batteries might be dead but still couldn't connect when fresh ones were put in. Under the battery cover is a small button you have to hold down to reassociate the remote with the unit.

otherwise, love my roku

hoserelder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hoserelder

Isn't the new one coming out next month?
http://gizmodo.com/rokus-new-hdmi-streaming-stick-50-and-more-than-1-00-1536260110?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

ergins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ergins

I got one of these from Amazon for about $100 and have been over the moon with it. If you are looking for a Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, YouTube and even media streaming from your network device this is the puppy.
The user interface is easy to master and setup was a breeze. The iPhone app helps when you are searching, i.e. you won't have to use the on-screen keyboard with the remote.
My unit came with a free copy of Angry Birds Space, not something that I will use much but a nice touch.
Overall this gets 10 out of 10 for substance over style (even though this thing is tiny), it just does what it says on the box!
//*Ergin

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0

I upgraded from my old Roku to this several months ago (for several more monies) and am using a Broadband-over-powerline device for the ethernet port -- a setup I've been very happy with. Unlike my Roku2, I've not had to factory reset this once and the BPL takes care of any wifi-related spottiness.

If you are cheap (of COURSE you are) you can sign up for Bing rewards and get free Hulu+, which is something else I've been doing. There are scripts, a Chrome extension, and just the old standby of bookmarking a bunch of Bing searches in a folder and using the "open all in tabs" function, to get your daily points.

bryaldridge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryaldridge

This is a great deal. Only problem is that we are rolling the dice on whether the darn thing will work. I have other Roku 2's in my home and one is getting old so I decided to replace it the last time this same deal came around. I received my shipment in just a few days, only to find that the remote was completely dead. I immediately contacted Woot support, and I figured it would take a few days to get a response. When they finally did respond, it was just a basic troubleshooting guide to syncing the remote to the Roku player. I bit my tongue, and responded back in a non-negligent way; simply stating that I have other Roku players in my home and know perfectly well how to sync the remote. It then took the support team over 1 week to get back with me on the issue and once again they tried to give me a run around about contacting Roku support on the issue. I then became more angry about the issue and wrote them a long e-mail about dissatisfaction. The next day I received a request for Return Authorization along with a return label. I thanked them and sent it off afterwards, having to wait about 2 weeks for it to be authorized and my money refunded. If you buy this, I wish you all the luck in the world! Just know that you take that chance.

Woody1

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Woody1
hoserelder wrote:Isn't the new one coming out next month?
Roku Stick

Wow! now I have to think about this a lot. Has micro SD, but not finding that I use that anyway. Getting rid of the HDMI cable and power brick is a major plus. Only drawback would be if you wanted to Eth cable the thing you're SOL.

Plex and their new channel isn't DNLA NAS server capable without major hacking skills so I'm still using my DVD player for access to 40TB of content. Will have to pause on the cart for now and think this over.....

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
RocRizzo wrote:... Woots are not as good, and no more Big on Chucking!

I just got a roku 3 in my last Big on Chucking

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

ca92807 wrote:Now it's Woot!Azon.

Hey guys- Let's try and stay on the topic of this thread--Roku 3's. You're welcome to discuss this is Everything But Woot.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

billcassels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billcassels

Damit I had one on my cart then went to check out and it disappeared from my cart!!!!

biggamejp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biggamejp

ditto!

billcassels wrote:Damit I had one on my cart then went to check out and it disappeared from my cart!!!!

manhandsha

Staff

biggamejp wrote:ditto!

Bummer! Keep your eyes peeled; I have a hunch that this probably won't be the last time we see these pop up.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

zerolimit1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerolimit1
manhandsha wrote:Bummer! Keep your eyes peeled; I have a hunch that this probably won't be the last time we see these pop up.

I got one at 1PST

I missed last one so i had to grab this one!

manhandsha

Staff

zerolimit1 wrote:I got one at 1PST

I missed last one so i had to grab this one!

sirjonsnow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sirjonsnow
Woody1 wrote:Wow! now I have to think about this a lot. Has micro SD, but not finding that I use that anyway. Getting rid of the HDMI cable and power brick is a major plus. Only drawback would be if you wanted to Eth cable the thing you're SOL.

Plex and their new channel isn't DNLA NAS server capable without major hacking skills so I'm still using my DVD player for access to 40TB of content. Will have to pause on the cart for now and think this over.....

You still need power by USB or USB to outlet. Also, the 3 has a faster processor.