quality posts: 0
wrightpwx wrote:I have bought two HP refurbished desktops (one from Woot) and had to send them both back. That would be bad enough except they worked fine out of the box only to fail a few days later (after you spent countless hours installing software). In both cases the hard drive failed requiring a reinstall of the operating system. Woot did the right thing and took the unit back after I called them but what a hassle figuring out what was wrong, calling the factory (per Woot’s instructions) and then calling Woot to get a RTA number. Plus Windows 8 is a disaster.
Wait, You called them?? I've been waiting for over a month now to get a refund from a Television they shipped me with a broken screen. You wouldn't remember that number by chance would you? I'd pull the trigger on this deal if only they had even the smallest shred of "customer service". It makes me very nervous to spend more than a $100 on anything from Woot anymore. Not to mention for a few hundred more I can get a better display, better vid card, and 3yr accidental dmg warranty. **edit By buying directly from HP.com that is.
Never ask for anything Steamed in Cleveland!
quality posts: 17
Bendyhead wrote:Wait, You called them?? I've been waiting for over a month now to get a refund ......
Not that finding their number is any sort of challenge but using the woot website, to send a service email, is faster and gives you a case number email immediately back. In almost 10 years buying from woot, I have had to contact them around 50 times for various reasons and NEVER have they not responded by email and they have ALWAYS been prompt about refunds. I have called them too, but I didn't have to and it was messy as the tracking didn't exist.
Let me give all some quick tips when dealing with a service department.
1) Don't try to BS your way out of a buying regret. They have a heart and will understand if you tell it straight.
2) Don't buy something without proper research. In case you haven't noticed, woots descriptions and commentary are closer to late-night comedy than manufacture claims.
3) Packages are weighed again when they get to the shipper, so don't lie about not receiving included items.
4) Stuff gets lost in shipping, and there is a PROCESS to follow due to fraud and theft. Just like you, woot has to file a claim and get the results. Your package is tracked better than the NSA could so keep that in mind. UPS has delivered my stuff to the wrong address a number of times and the recipient sometimes doesn't like to give it up. I myself have made UPS wait a week of begging to get back a box of good that didn't belong to me because they damaged my front door. (I gave it back unopened but I made them really work for it - package could have been yours but I was mad at UPS and didn't care at the time)
5) You are NOT going to get refunded before a merchant gets their stuff back and inspects it. People hot-swapping old and broken for recently purchased goods is an epidemic in this country. Trust goes both ways.
6) Credits are not like drive-up ATM machines. It takes time for your CC Company and Paypal to post funds back to your account. Although we all like instant confirmations, it doesn't happen that way.
7) RELAX! It will all work out.
800+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't