WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Onkyo 2.1CH Bluetooth Speaker System

Speed to First Woot:
22m 25.446s
First Sucker:
pnovosel
Last Wooter to Woot:
kdquick
Last Purchase:
6 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 42% of Woot.com Woots
Top 24% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 16% of Woot.com Woots
Top 12% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 16% first woot
  • 10% second woot
  • 31% < 10 woots
  • 21% < 25 woots
  • 22% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 12% joined today
  • 3% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 17% one year old
  • 68% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 99% bought 1
  • 1% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

2%
3%
0%
2%
1%
1%
3%
1%
5%
7%
6%
8%
9%
5%
5%
5%
6%
4%
5%
4%
4%
5%
5%
7%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

and

Let's check out the product page


adzerk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages adzerk

I'm having a real tough time deciding between this Onkyo system and the Logitech Z320 system. I don't have much space to put speakers and I'm not sure how big the .1 is. I guess I'd have a better time seeing what the dimensions are, if I had a ruler to measure my space.

ShiftyDevil


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ShiftyDevil

Links to Tools and Garden don't work, takes me to a page for AWS Elastic Beanstalk php.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
adzerk wrote:I'm having a real tough time deciding between this Onkyo system and the Logitech Z320 system. I don't have much space to put speakers and I'm not sure how big the .1 is. I guess I'd have a better time seeing what the dimensions are, if I had a ruler to measure my space.



Hello adzerk; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we'd like to thank you for your post and interest in our Envision Cinema LS-3100 system. This is an awesome sounding unit and to answer your inquiries; the dimensions for the LS-3100 system's speakers and subwoofers are the following:

Dimensions (W x H x D)
Front 6 5/8" x 3 1/16" x 4 1/4" (169 x 78 x 108 mm)

Subwoofer 10 1/4" x 13 1/4" x 10 9/16" (261 x 337 x 269 mm)

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa

Good morning fellow Wooters- this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we didn't forget to set our clocks ahead LOL. We are here to help you any questions on our Envision Cinema LS-3100 2.1 system. You can view the video clip above and also our products page for more information on this ROCKING unit: http://www.onkyousa.com/Products/model.php?m=LS3100&class=EnvisionCinema&source=prodClass.

You can also find the specs information tab for this unit and also download the owner's manual as well. You can also view the following videoclip proving that BIG things can come from small packages:

As always- we will be here to assist with any LS-3100 inquiries and offer support and assistance for our products as well. We greatly appreciate and thank our Onkyo customers, old and new for always choosing Onkyo.

rwoodruff13


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwoodruff13

I have this system hooked up along with a bose gs ii next to each other. I've been going back and forth listening to them for the past week. For some reason the onkyo sounds a bit echoey to me. I don't want to like the bose better because how much i paid for it is ridiculous. I want to like this one better lol. This is a good system for someone looking for something more aesthetically pleasing like I was to please the wife. I find the vocal mode with the sub turned to minimum setting sound best with the onkyo. The sub can be a bit overwhelming on the other non-vocal setting.


corbinworks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages corbinworks

I own this same unit, Picked it up from Bestbuy as open box, Paid a little less then what it's offered here, Sounds amazing on my PC
I had the klipsch promedia 2.1 witch does not even come close to the sound quality.
I am buying a 2ed unit as we speak for the bed room TV.

corbinworks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages corbinworks
onkyousa wrote:Hello adzerk; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we'd like to thank you for your post and interest in our Envision Cinema LS-3100 system. This is an awesome sounding unit and to answer your inquiries; the dimensions for the LS-3100 system's speakers and subwoofers are the following:

Dimensions (W x H x D)
Front 6 5/8" x 3 1/16" x 4 1/4" (169 x 78 x 108 mm)

Subwoofer 10 1/4" x 13 1/4" x 10 9/16" (261 x 337 x 269 mm)

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.



What is the warranty with this sale?

mulfdog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mulfdog
corbinworks wrote:What is the warranty with this sale?



The product description says 1 year Onkyo warranty.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
rwoodruff13 wrote:I have this system hooked up along with a bose gs ii next to each other. I've been going back and forth listening to them for the past week. For some reason the onkyo sounds a bit echoey to me. I don't want to like the bose better because how much i paid for it is ridiculous. I want to like this one better lol. This is a good system for someone looking for something more aesthetically pleasing like I was to please the wife. I find the vocal mode with the sub turned to minimum setting sound best with the onkyo. The sub can be a bit overwhelming on the other non-vocal setting.




Hello rwoodruff3; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we thank you for your comments and also being an insightful Onkyo owner. As noted: there are TWO audio modes- NORMAL and VOCAL. As you have the option to toggle between either listening mode- this is based on your personal preference on the particular listening mode you'd like to utilize on this audio system. I personally like a roaring subwoofer when listening to music while wirelessly streaming from my Galaxy Tab. Yes it also has Bluetooth so you can connect your BT device and stream audio to this system and ROCK OUT! It is surprisingly loud for being so small- but you will love it!! Thank you again for your testimonial and your choice in Onkyo and Envision Cinema.

mulfdog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mulfdog

I want to make sure I'm reading the product description correctly. The two satellite speakers are not wireless but the sub woofer is?

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
corbinworks wrote:I own this same unit, Picked it up from Bestbuy as open box, Paid a little less then what it's offered here, Sounds amazing on my PC
I had the klipsch promedia 2.1 witch does not even come close to the sound quality.
I am buying a 2ed unit as we speak for the bed room TV.




Hello corbinworks; thank you for your feedback on the LS-3100 and we know your 2nd unit will definitely serve you well. This unit makes watching old WALKING DEAD episodes and other movies on NetFlix sound AMAZING (AHHHHHH!! - like a voice from heaven). I personally retired my Altec Lansing 2.1 in favor of these and it doesn't cease to amaze me.

Watch this clip belwo and using the LS-3100 how amazing it sounds from this 2.1 system:


Again Corbin- thank you for your purchase and we always appreciate customers like yourself for choosing Onkyo.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
mulfdog wrote:I want to make sure I'm reading the product description correctly. The two satellite speakers are not wireless but the sub woofer is?




Hello mulfdog; you are correct in that the pair of satellites require hard wiring (as these are 4 ohm speakers and the audio output is far better than many WIRELESS 2.1 systems)- you will not be unimpressed by the audio quality of these speakers. Everyone posted has raved on the output quality of this system.

lbrown03


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lbrown03

I'm Looking Into Buying This System For My Parents. They Are Having A Hard Time Finding A System The Work With The Lofted Ceiling We Have, So You Can Hear It In The Living Room But Not So Loudly In The There Bedrooms. Anyone Know How Badly It Echos In Large Rooms? Sorry About The All Caps. Phone Did It.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
lbrown03 wrote:I'm Looking Into Buying This System For My Parents. They Are Having A Hard Time Finding A System The Work With The Lofted Ceiling We Have, So You Can Hear It In The Living Room But Not So Loudly In The There Bedrooms. Anyone Know How Badly It Echos In Large Rooms? Sorry About The All Caps. Phone Did It.




Hello lbrown03;

As we have this unit tested into some large sized rooms- the audio performance was overwhelmingly great! What would you say is the dimensional value (Height of ceiling x Length and Width) of the room in question? I can try finding a room in here with the closest value and provide an honest test.

stugoldstein


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stugoldstein

Holy smokes Batman!! This is great- I bought one for my granddaughter for her going away to college and she loved it from day one. She loves the sound from this system and couldn't stop talking about it on Thanksgiving vacation. This is 1/2 the price I paid for it- so I can order 2 and put one in my garage office and one in the guest room. GENIUS!!

GreatJorge


quality posts: 36 Private Messages GreatJorge

This item has positive reviews (4.5+ stars) in multiple places (Amazon, etc).

In addition to good sound the Onkyo has these features that you can't find in other TV sound systems...

- The Onkyo speakers automatically come on when you turn the TV on (Bose requires use of their remote).

- You can adjust the volume of the Onkyo speakers with any other remote control device that you have in the house, including your cable and TV remote.


- The Onkyo system has a wireless bluetooth subwoofer. The bluetooth in the system (it has a blue tooth "controller box") can be used to pair up any compatible bluetooth devices to stream music through the speakers, including iPhones, Droids, etc.

- Cheaper than the Bose

- This particular deal (refurb) is $200 cheaper than new at Amazon Prime and with the same 1 yr Onkyo warranty

I'm in for 1 for my mom.

croebke0629


quality posts: 0 Private Messages croebke0629

I am really considering this speaker system. I have a couple questions before I buy though. Is this system completely wireless? In the video it talked about the subwoofer being wireless but what about the small speakers? Also, will this get enough sound with just three speakers or can I buy more speakers elsewhere that are compatible with it.

rogerstacey


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerstacey

Can I hook them up to my ASUS desktop instead of using them with my TV?

corbinworks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages corbinworks
croebke0629 wrote:I am really considering this speaker system. I have a couple questions before I buy though. Is this system completely wireless? In the video it talked about the subwoofer being wireless but what about the small speakers? Also, will this get enough sound with just three speakers or can I buy more speakers elsewhere that are compatible with it.



You can run any speakers with this unit, Only the sub is wireless.


petti12


quality posts: 0 Private Messages petti12

What items are "factory reconditioned" in this product? With so many small parts in electronics, I am wondering if I should bite the bullet and just buy new...

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

petti12 wrote:What items are "factory reconditioned" in this product? With so many small parts in electronics, I am wondering if I should bite the bullet and just buy new...



Sorry for the late reply.

A "factory reconditioned" item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being "new".

Here’s the official definition by a previous Woot staffer of the conditions and here’s an explanation of refurbished/recertified that may help.

kjack83435


quality posts: 13 Private Messages kjack83435

You buy this, you are going to love it.......

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
croebke0629 wrote:I am really considering this speaker system. I have a couple questions before I buy though. Is this system completely wireless? In the video it talked about the subwoofer being wireless but what about the small speakers? Also, will this get enough sound with just three speakers or can I buy more speakers elsewhere that are compatible with it.




Hello croebke0629; to answer your questions: (1) the satellite speakers are hard-wired to provide the best sound for these speakers- it is only the subwoofer that is wireless and can be placed in a near proximity to the module for great sound/ bass. (2) As this is only a 2.1 system- you unfortunately can't add more speakers- as this would be more for our AV receivers.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
rogerstacey wrote:Can I hook them up to my ASUS desktop instead of using them with my TV?




Hello rogerstacey; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and to answer your question: you can definitely plug in your Asus desktop PC. As this system can utilize digital optical / digital coaxial or RCA Analog audio cable connection to provide better sound from your PC (please check with your PC on its sound card and its audio output settings as well).

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
kjack83435 wrote:You buy this, you are going to love it.......





Thank you kjack83435 for the great appraisal on this system- as we believe those who have purchased today or currently own love it for what it provides. Again- we thank you all Onkyo owners and followers for choosing Onkyo.

Samus


quality posts: 20 Private Messages Samus
adzerk wrote:I'm having a real tough time deciding between this Onkyo system and the Logitech Z320 system. I don't have much space to put speakers and I'm not sure how big the .1 is. I guess I'd have a better time seeing what the dimensions are, if I had a ruler to measure my space.



Every Logitech system I've ever had, especially the one years ago that had wireless rear speakers, has failed. In the case of that system, the rear speakers melted. The system was discontinued (shocking) and Logitech couldn't even replace it under warranty, instead giving me a credit toward a new system, which the amplifier in the sub woofer failed right out of warranty.

Never again. I've spent the equivalent of $600 on Logitech speaker products in the last 7 years and all of them are door stops now.

All the while my Creative Gigaworks T20's have been working perfectly since 2007.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa

On behalf of Onkyo USA and its Product Support department- we'd like to thank all those Wooters who have purchased themselves this system and those who have commented today.

Please feel free to contact our 24 hour Product Support department for any assistance with your Onkyo products at (800) 229-1687, option # 3 or via email: onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Samus


quality posts: 20 Private Messages Samus
onkyousa wrote:Hello croebke0629; to answer your questions: (1) the satellite speakers are hard-wired to provide the best sound for these speakers- it is only the subwoofer that is wireless and can be placed in a near proximity to the module for great sound/ bass. (2) As this is only a 2.1 system- you unfortunately can't add more speakers- as this would be more for our AV receivers.



How well does the amplifier convert 5.1 content down to 2.1? My experience with a lot of other 2.1 systems is the center channel gets "lost" and either isn't produced or isn't loud enough.

It's for this reason I actually picked up a Sharp 3.1 system for my livingroom TV. The center channel signal is arguably the most important and this fact is often not emphasized.

How does the Onkyo cope, in your experience?

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
Samus wrote:Every Logitech system I've ever had, especially the one years ago that had wireless rear speakers, has failed. In the case of that system, the rear speakers melted. The system was discontinued (shocking) and Logitech couldn't even replace it under warranty, instead giving me a credit toward a new system, which the amplifier in the sub woofer failed right out of warranty.

Never again. I've spent the equivalent of $600 on Logitech speaker products in the last 7 years and all of them are door stops now.

All the while my Creative Gigaworks T20's have been working perfectly since 2007.




Hello Samus; we are sorry to read about your previous experience with your Logitech system. We believe our Onkyo LS-3100 system would suffice to your needs.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
Samus wrote:How well does the amplifier convert 5.1 content down to 2.1? My experience with a lot of other 2.1 systems is the center channel gets "lost" and either isn't produced or isn't loud enough.

It's for this reason I actually picked up a Sharp 3.1 system for my livingroom TV. The center channel signal is arguably the most important and this fact is often not emphasized.

How does the Onkyo cope, in your experience?





Hello again Samus; with the use of the included listening mode VOCAL MODE- the lost of the center channel is not an issue with this system. To inform you; this system provides both VOCAL and NORMAL listening modes based on the source video presentation being provided by and the audio connection type as well.

ndemmon


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndemmon

First day review:

This is replacing an 8 year old Bose Cinemate Series I because the new TV didn't have analog out.

The Pros (verses 8 year old Bose system):
The "voice" mode really does pop out the center channel, if characters are trying to talk over an explosion, you can hear what they're saying.

We have an open living room with huge ceilings, both products filled the space well with sound (while a soundbar we tried in between the two systems failed miserably). In general, the sound is better than the old Bose system.

Speakers automatically come on when sound's coming out.

It understood volume up and down from my LG tv remote.

Very sleek and stylish. Speakers can be wall-mounted with included stands (stands are separate with Bose systems).

Cons:
Short delay between the front speakers coming on and the sub kicking in. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but...

It turns itself off a little quickly, like if you have to hit pause for a couple minutes to get the kids something, it'll turn off, then you hit play and lose a couple seconds of sound as it turns itself on again and re-negotiates with the sub.

That said, for $200 these are some great speakers.

blawsonjr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blawsonjr

I received my system, and it seems like it would sound great….but the left speaker will not work. I've tried changing the speakers around, adjusted the wiring, played different formats. But the left speaker just won't come on. I have left a message with Onkyo support, no call back yet. I tried to register the product, the serial number attached to the receiver is not valid and will not register on their site. Hopefully some help with come sometime soon?...

manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

blawsonjr wrote:I received my system, and it seems like it would sound great….but the left speaker will not work. I've tried changing the speakers around, adjusted the wiring, played different formats. But the left speaker just won't come on. I have left a message with Onkyo support, no call back yet. I tried to register the product, the serial number attached to the receiver is not valid and will not register on their site. Hopefully some help with come sometime soon?...



Sorry you're having trouble. Keep us updated on things with Onkyo.

If you need any further assistance along the way, please don't hesitate to email support@woot.com with your order number, user name and situation.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.