WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Choose Your VIZIO LED Smart TV w/ Wi-Fi

Speed to First Woot:
14m 2.881s
First Sucker:
mike8700
Last Wooter to Woot:
mikeconner67
Last Purchase:
6 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 41% of Woot.com Woots
Top 23% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 14% of Woot.com Woots
Top 9% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 14% first woot
  • 7% second woot
  • 28% < 10 woots
  • 24% < 25 woots
  • 25% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 9% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 18% one year old
  • 71% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 100% bought 1

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
4%
3%
2%
3%
2%
7%
9%
13%
9%
10%
5%
4%
5%
3%
2%
2%
1%
1%
2%
4%
2%
2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


wootstalkerbot


quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]


Choose Your VIZIO LED Smart TV w/ Wi-Fi
Price: $219.99 - 1299.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Thursday, Mar 13 to Tuesday, Mar 18) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme


quality posts: 2856 Private Messages lichme

lstaff


quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

Bought three of the 32" on woot!, and they are GREAT TV's!!!! Great Picture, and that amazing "Netflix" button on the remote has changed my life: 24, Breaking Bad, Parks and Recreation . . . all a single push of a button away.

This TV is so smart a toddler could work it. Which is perfect for me!

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3480 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out this "good" review on the 70", very good (4 out of 5 stars) on the 60", check out this "excellent" review on the 50", pretty good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) on the 44", check out this "very good" review on the 39", very good reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) on the 32"(E320I-B1) and good reviews (4.6 out of 5.0 ) on the 32"(M321i-A2)


DaZoneRanger


quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

We've got the 40" M series. Awesome TV. I like how you can watch something on your iPhone or iPad and just touch a button on phone or pad screen and it zaps up to the TV for viewing. Also, it's really thin. The E series are fatter and less feature filled, in case you're wondering what the difference is. The M series is among the thinnest TVs around.

ceagee


quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee
DaZoneRanger wrote:{snip}The E series are fatter and less feature filled, in case you're wondering what the difference is. The M series is among the thinnest TVs around.



I was just going to ask-- Thanks !



lmcfadden2


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lmcfadden2

Make me want to find a spot for another TV!

msrowyredhead


quality posts: 2 Private Messages msrowyredhead

Do either the E or M series have a timer to set for the TV to turn off??

briankcco


quality posts: 1 Private Messages briankcco

Wow! The 70" E series is still 300.00 more than walmarts black Friday deal. I'm not a Vizio fan but would have gladly bought one at a good price. These aren't too spectacular for Vizio.

originalmac


quality posts: 1 Private Messages originalmac

The 60" M Series is only a few hundred less than on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M601d-A3R-60-Inch-1080p-240Hz/dp/B00CHKPYPW . And if you have Prime, even less, for a new one. I love my Vizio TV, but this isn't Woot Worthy.

twcg001177


quality posts: 1 Private Messages twcg001177

touch screen?

r3dk0w


quality posts: 0 Private Messages r3dk0w

These seem expensive for refurbs.

What's the difference between a Smart TV and a dumb TV + Roku?

Smart TV seems to add about $250 to the price of a dumb TV, but a Roku is only $100. The math doesn't work out.

brighthand


quality posts: 1 Private Messages brighthand

I bought the 70" E series on BF, the deal was great. The picture was good but not great. I traded it for the 70" M series and I'm pleased with the decision. The Picture is fantastic. I am a huge fan of the Vizio M series.

njack26


quality posts: 7 Private Messages njack26
r3dk0w wrote:These seem expensive for refurbs.

What's the difference between a Smart TV and a dumb TV + Roku?

Smart TV seems to add about $250 to the price of a dumb TV, but a Roku is only $100. The math doesn't work out.



You really have to look at each individual TV's specs to know the difference. Most are nothing more than a dumb tv with ROKU. SOme have internet browsing, some have their own apps, but for the most part they are a dumb TV with a Roku.

bcarr123


quality posts: 6 Private Messages bcarr123

I bought the 32 inch E series tv last year and love it! One of the best tv's I've ever owned.

bcarr123


quality posts: 6 Private Messages bcarr123
msrowyredhead wrote:Do either the E or M series have a timer to set for the TV to turn off??



I don't know about the M series, but the E series does.

Holt3130


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Holt3130
DaZoneRanger wrote:Also, it's really thin. The E series are fatter and less feature filled, in case you're wondering what the difference is. The M series is among the thinnest TVs around.



This is not true for all Vizio tvs. I know that the 60" is sold out anyways but... I have the E series 60" smart tv and it is thinner than the 60" M series by a little over 1/4". Just puttin it out there.

TCayer


quality posts: 9 Private Messages TCayer

Can anyone tell me if the wi-fi connects to a network server, a la PS3? I have a network media server with all my stuff on it.

avoid2000


quality posts: 3 Private Messages avoid2000

I have a Vizio. "Vizio Via" is what I have on my "Smart TV." It works ok but the menus are insufferably slow. Especially Hulu - sometimes the show simply doesn't load at all. I found it was a caching issue, and so to clear the cache, uninstall Hulu and reinstall.

So we have a Roku attached to a Smart TV and we no longer use the smart part of the TV because the Roku and the Xbox360 attached to it have much better menus and load times.

Just my $.02

TLDR: Just buy the dumb one.

-A

bluto1221


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluto1221
originalmac wrote:The 60" M Series is only a few hundred less than on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M601d-A3R-60-Inch-1080p-240Hz/dp/B00CHKPYPW . And if you have Prime, even less, for a new one. I love my Vizio TV, but this isn't Woot Worthy.



And the 70" brand new is only $200 more at Bestbuy with free shipping... not Woot worthy.

Yeah! First Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia - 10/12/11

elangomatt


quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
bcarr123 wrote:I don't know about the M series, but the E series does.



I recently got the E series 60" that was for sale here and the only auto-shutoff timer I can find shuts the TV off after 10 minutes of no signal. Am I missing something or is there no inactivity shut off timer? Both of my last two HDTVs had one, but I can't find it on this new smarter TV.

svtguy88


quality posts: 1 Private Messages svtguy88

I picked up the 40'' M series when I bought my PS4 in Decemeber. For the money, it's an awesome TV.

It's super thin/light, and the picture is awesome (especially if you are willing to spend some time tuning it). For a more detailed technical review, check out the thread on AVS Forum.

The only real gripe that I have is that the remote has a sort of narrow angle that it will work within. I've read that placing a mirror (or something reflective) under the lower left corner of the TV fixes this (that's where the sensor it). Again - it's an awesome TV overall, but the remote can be a bit annoying.

pmaroney2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmaroney2

Any Warranty on these TVs?

charles2003


quality posts: 0 Private Messages charles2003

The excess "Smart Apps" are just not worth it. I constantly have issues with Hulu's app. Additionally, I have had the TV totally freeze to the point where it had to be unplugged. Also cached Netflix data became corrupt and needed to factory reset the TV to fix it.

Additionally, I thought it was a bit cheesy that the App Store is provided by Yahoo. Really? Yahoo? I guess that helps cut the cost of the TV manufacturing process for vizio?

Ultimately your TV's Java support will become obsolete and you won't get support for the apps.

Bottom line, don't waste money on a TV because of the Apps. Spend your money on a TV with size and quality picture, and get some kind of 3rd party device like a Roku or Chrome cast. The frustration of having a 500-1000 dollar paperweight when it freezes isnt worth the savings.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pmaroney2 wrote:Any Warranty on these TVs?


It's noted at the bottom of the features - 90-day Woot Warranty. There's also an option to purchase extended coverage through SquareTrade. If you're not seeing the graphic/link on the sale's detail page, try another non-mobile device.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

elangomatt


quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
charles2003 wrote:Bottom line, don't waste money on a TV because of the Apps. Spend your money on a TV with size and quality picture, and get some kind of 3rd party device like a Roku or Chrome cast. The frustration of having a 500-1000 dollar paperweight when it freezes isnt worth the savings.



This is pretty much the answer here. I like the idea of the apps but the apps don't make the TV. The Amazon streaming app on mine doesn't even work at all actually. I'll probably use the apps for a while but I think they will not get used much after the newness wears off. I have other devices connected to my TV with better versions of the apps I might use. Sure I can use the TV's youtube app but it looks like finding stuff is harder than using my iPad and ChromeCast to watch youtube videos.

spokharkar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spokharkar

TV is refurbished but price is not that low compare to new TV. Its just $150-200 less than the new TV price. Is it really worth to buying without warranty?

farrowz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages farrowz

I have the M-60" A wonderful TV. great picture - I even recommend it to others.

farrowz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages farrowz
elangomatt wrote:This is pretty much the answer here. I like the idea of the apps but the apps don't make the TV. The Amazon streaming app on mine doesn't even work at all actually. I'll probably use the apps for a while but I think they will not get used much after the newness wears off. I have other devices connected to my TV with better versions of the apps I might use. Sure I can use the TV's youtube app but it looks like finding stuff is harder than using my iPad and ChromeCast to watch youtube videos.



I actually use my samsung bluray and the XBox for apps (not the TV). Unfortunately when you get above a size then all TVs are smart TVs!

farrowz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages farrowz
bluto1221 wrote:And the 70" brand new is only $200 more at Bestbuy with free shipping... not Woot worthy.



Go to Costco and get the 2 year warranty free!!

sh90706


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sh90706
njack26 wrote:You really have to look at each individual TV's specs to know the difference. Most are nothing more than a dumb tv with ROKU. SOme have internet browsing, some have their own apps, but for the most part they are a dumb TV with a Roku.


Having the Smart TV functions on the same remote as the TV might be worth the extra cost. With Roku, you'll need to pickup a second remote. Thats your choice.

brillo1950


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brillo1950

Does the 55' or the 60" have blue tooth?

ahakobyan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahakobyan

I received my previously purchased TV today with smashed screen inside a normal looking box.
hmm... feels like the only thing safe to purchase from woot is t-shirts, and I'm not into them.

ssskelton


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ssskelton
voltron1999 wrote:Never buy Visio.. You fools are buying the cheapest possible TV. Anyone who thinks this TV is good does not care. I worked for a high-end AV store and I simply can not condone this purchase, infact this is one of my only woot post. Please do not buy Visio, you are buying the worst possible TV brand. Just don't. These TVs are cheap for a reason, they are really that bad. Made with the cheapest possible parts. If someone says they are good they have absolutely NO IDEA what they are talking about. They are sooooo bad. I could tell you why but its because of every possible reason. You "techie" ones who compare specs just make me want to vomit all over myself. Please just stop. I assure you this TV will not last 3 years.


I'm sure your anecdotal experience in an AV store is all very relevant despite not even knowing how to spell the name, but I prefer more measurable information.

JD Power Customer Satisfaction 2013:
Vizio ties with Samsung for highest in under 50"
http://www.jdpower.com/content/press-release/Quwxj7r/2013-high-definition-television-hdtv-satisfaction-report.htm

I can't hotlink you Consumer Reports, but please believe me when I assure you they find their reliability to be 'Good' but not the best. As you would expect for the price point.

10rate puts several different Vizio sets on their best value in 32 - 42" list.
http://10rate.com/best-32-42-lcd-tv/

The reality is that Vizio, like most brands, is sourcing completely different manufacturers for different models. This can result in wildly different reliability between models. However, there's no statistical results that I have seen to back up your personal observations.

I suspect that is why you failed to expound upon "every possible reason".

bcarr123


quality posts: 6 Private Messages bcarr123
elangomatt wrote:I recently got the E series 60" that was for sale here and the only auto-shutoff timer I can find shuts the TV off after 10 minutes of no signal. Am I missing something or is there no inactivity shut off timer? Both of my last two HDTVs had one, but I can't find it on this new smarter TV.



Try going to your menu settings, mine has a sleep mode on it. I love this TV!

stamface


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stamface

Can anyone tell me about the refurbish quality on these - perhaps specifically the 32"? Is it simply worth the $80 extra dollars for a brand new one?

rjp0615


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjp0615

I bought one of the 40 inch M units from Best Buy 2 weeks ago... backlight bleed is an issue, but is on all edge lit sets. A lot of TV for a good price. Netflix HD quality is better than on my Roku 3. Definitely a worthwhile TV to buy and doesn't have the Soap Opera effect like other 120hz sets I've seen.

Finally after 2 years...

12.25.2011 - Santa's Sack of Crap

cordistew


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cordistew

We got the 40'' M series. It's great! The picture is amazing. We looked in store at the displays between the E and M series. Both were nice but the M series is definitely sharper, clearer.