WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kelty Luggage

With color names like "Raven" and "Lichen," this Kelty luggage will transport you to an isolated island off the coast of Nova Scotia! Breath in the thick marine air as you scramble among the rocks and try to survive on minute saltwater snails. 

pitamuffin


quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

Going by the main photos, this is luggage for giants!

giterdone78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages giterdone78

Does the chassis come with the Kelty Ascender Trunk Bag - Chestnut?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

giterdone78 wrote:Does the chassis come with the Kelty Ascender Trunk Bag - Chestnut?

It does not. We'll add that to the sale in a little bit. The chassis is for sale in the event though.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

timsmith588


quality posts: 0 Private Messages timsmith588

Does the chassis come with the Ascender or is that ordered separately?

manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

timsmith588 wrote:Does the chassis come with the Ascender or is that ordered separately?



Check out @TT's post above yours.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

capececrew


quality posts: 0 Private Messages capececrew

That being said, this sale is very misleading. The list price is the same as stated on the Kelty website (http://www.kelty.com/p-755-ascender-22.aspx?category=travel), however the bag comes with the chassis when purchased there.

ThunderThighs wrote:It does not. We'll add that to the sale in a little bit. The chassis is for sale in the event though.



mulan82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mulan82
capececrew wrote:That being said, this sale is very misleading. The list price is the same as stated on the Kelty website (http://www.kelty.com/p-755-ascender-22.aspx?category=travel), however the bag comes with the chassis when purchased there.



I'm confused. Last time this sale happened they said that the 22 came with the frame chassis.


http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5679711&pageindex=1&replycount=24#post5680823

rawr rawr rawr

mulan82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mulan82
capececrew wrote:That being said, this sale is very misleading. The list price is the same as stated on the Kelty website (http://www.kelty.com/p-755-ascender-22.aspx?category=travel), however the bag comes with the chassis when purchased there.



It doesn't come with the trunk, but it comes with the ascender 22 i believe.

rawr rawr rawr

bradyc123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradyc123
mulan82 wrote:It doesn't come with the trunk, but it comes with the ascender 22 i believe.



Is this confirmed?

manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

bradyc123 wrote:Is this confirmed?



The chassis is NOT included. Sorry.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

bradyc123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradyc123
manhandsha wrote:The chassis is NOT included. Sorry.



Ok. It talks about the chassis in the features section. Maybe you should pull that out so it's not confusing. Thanks.

mulan82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mulan82
manhandsha wrote:The chassis is NOT included. Sorry.



-_-

rawr rawr rawr

capececrew


quality posts: 0 Private Messages capececrew
manhandsha wrote:The chassis is NOT included. Sorry.



Can this please be confirmed again. I just called Kelty and they said if the box weight is listed at 8.25 pounds (3.7kg), then the chassis has to be included. Otherwise, the weight would be too heavy.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

capececrew wrote:Can this please be confirmed again. I just called Kelty and they said if the box weight is listed at 8.25 pounds (3.7kg), then the chassis has to be included. Otherwise, the weight would be too heavy.


The trunk bags and duffels do not include the frame chassis. The words (not included) have been added to the sale.

Sorry for the confusion.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dunvince


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dunvince

I believe the chasis DOES come with the Ascender 22 but NOT with the other bags.
The descriptions for the Trunk & Duffel state NOT INCLUDED. The 8.25 pound 22 must include it, otherwise it would not be 8.25 pounds. Also "not included" was not added to the 22's description.

Dissonance


quality posts: 13 Private Messages Dissonance

I bought the Ascender 22 for the same price the last time they were on Woot. The chassis IS included with the Ascender 22.

This bag is AWESOME! I travel for work all the time and I get compliments on my bag from fellow travelers, flight attendants, pilots, etc. The bag (with chassis) fits in the overhead on most 737s (all Southwest planes). On some small "commuter" jets I've had to gate check it if it was going to be a full flight, but it usually fits.

I love it. Now...do I need to get one of the other bags....hmmm?


tommydem


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommydem

Could I get a clarification on which comes with and without the chassis? Specifically the Kelty Ascender 22 Expandable Carry-On Luggage. The trunk bags and duffels are referenced clearly in the posts but not the 22.

mulan82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mulan82
Dissonance wrote:I bought the Ascender 22 for the same price the last time they were on Woot. The chassis IS included with the Ascender 22.

This bag is AWESOME! I travel for work all the time and I get compliments on my bag from fellow travelers, flight attendants, pilots, etc. The bag (with chassis) fits in the overhead on most 737s (all Southwest planes). On some small "commuter" jets I've had to gate check it if it was going to be a full flight, but it usually fits.

I love it. Now...do I need to get one of the other bags....hmmm?



What color did you get? I like to travel pretty light and was thinking of maybe just getting the metroliner 30l. But if the ascender comes with the chassis that's a pretty good deal too...

rawr rawr rawr

raypatr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages raypatr


Wait, so what's the verdict? Does the Ascender 22 come with the chassis because if it does, I just wasted money buying the chassis separate!?

raypatr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages raypatr

This sale should have been more clear. I can't find way to cancel the separate order for the chassis which means I'm going to be out shipping both ways plus a restocking fee. At that point, it would probably mean I should just keep something I don't really need that I never would have bought if the sale didn't make it look like it's not included. Under "In the box" it says: "(1) Kelty Ascender 22 Expandable Carry-On Luggage, 40L - 70L, Raven". No mention of a chassis.

raypatr wrote:Wait, so what's the verdict? Does the Ascender 22 come with the chassis because if it does, I just wasted money buying the chassis separate!?



raypatr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages raypatr

Sooooooo, no answer on this?

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

raypatr wrote:Sooooooo, no answer on this?



We've pinged Woot Staff but haven't received a response.

Thank you for your patience while we gather more information from the vendor.

hondac95


quality posts: 3 Private Messages hondac95
ROGETRAY wrote:We've pinged Woot Staff but haven't received a response.

Thank you for your patience while we gather more information from the vendor.



According to Kelty Website, all Ascender 22 Expandable Carry On's come with the cart, the others, such as the trunk or duffel bag do not.

raypatr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages raypatr

CS emailed me back last night. It does come with the chassis and they said to refuse delivery of the one I ordered unnecessarily. Hopefully I'm able to do that since UPS tends to just dump stuff off at doors and run off as fast as possible! :0p

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

raypatr wrote:CS emailed me back last night. It does come with the chassis and they said to refuse delivery of the one I ordered unnecessarily. Hopefully I'm able to do that since UPS tends to just dump stuff off at doors and run off as fast as possible! :0p



Ha! If they do that, feel free to email back in, I'm sure we can give you a return label.