zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]

Parrot Zik Bluetooth ANC Headphones
Price: $229.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Wednesday, Mar 19 to Monday, Mar 24) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

"No, I can't hear you now!"

adrianlatrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adrianlatrace

wut. no.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3440 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page and check out this review over at engadget.com

and

Solid reviews (4 out of 5 stars) over at apple.com

citydrone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages citydrone

I don't care what the reviews say, 230 bucks for (reconditioned) headphones is obscene.

roseneko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roseneko

Oh man, I'm way more tempted than I want to admit. I tried those out at the Apple store once, and have been lusting after them ever since - tremendous sound quality and a great fit. Plus the turns-off-the-music-when-you-take-them-off switch makes them feel like some real Star Trek stuff. But cripes that's a lot of money. Especially with no warranty.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

roseneko wrote:Oh man, I'm way more tempted than I want to admit. I tried those out at the Apple store once, and have been lusting after them ever since - tremendous sound quality and a great fit. Plus the turns-off-the-music-when-you-take-them-off switch makes them feel like some real Star Trek stuff. But cripes that's a lot of money. Especially with no warranty.

There's a 90 Day Parrot Warranty and you can purchase the extra Square Trade Warranty.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

mostundudelike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mostundudelike

I have them and love them. Sound cancellation is excellent but not as good as Bose QC3. Bluetooth sound quality is awesome.

You'll want to eventually get a spare battery, since they're useless without power.

I've had no issues.

torquedom3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages torquedom3

Has anyone had any luck connecting these to a windows pc? Is there a specific Bluetooth dongle that will work?

vixro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vixro
citydrone wrote:I don't care what the reviews say, 230 bucks for (reconditioned) headphones is obscene.

I use a different headphone altogether but I've had my headphones for almost 10 years and spent $400 on them. A nice pair of headphones is worth the money.

Now is this model worth it? Time will tell.

TyWoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TyWoot
torquedom3 wrote:Has anyone had any luck connecting these to a windows pc? Is there a specific Bluetooth dongle that will work?

I didn't have much problem connecting them to my Windows PC using some generic (ASUS?) dongle.

Do note that some of the features are ONLY available through the App and since there is no Windows app, you can't access them. (Volume, track FF/RWD all work though).

So I use my phone, set it up how I like, and have no real issue when connected to my PC.

Battery life is not so hot (a couple of hours) and it's a bit heavy but sound quality is quite decent.

ptwearnhardtfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ptwearnhardtfan
citydrone wrote:I don't care what the reviews say, 230 bucks for (reconditioned) headphones is obscene.

These are totally top of the line! I use them in a loud work environment and they are a Godsend. These ARE the best there is.

wemist01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wemist01

InnerFidelity has an in-depth review. Seems like the question is whether you value the wireless/noise canceling features above sound quality. Me, I'm saving for the NAD cans.

curtiswvu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curtiswvu

Bought these new for $390 and LOVE THEM. No regrets.

equitek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages equitek

No mic though for making calls?

jrosenqu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrosenqu

Had to make a first post on these. For the price (even reconditioned) these are a steal imo. I have a, uh, problem with headphones, and have owned/tried everything. All of the Bose NC lines including the QC 20, 15, 3, and a number of others. The Parrots are the best I have tried, though they are not perfect. The mic is not great on busy streets, but then again almost every headphone mic I've tried is wanting. The app is great, the bluetooth connection is very good, and the sound is more than adequate. If you are looking for a multifunctional headphone, this is the best on the market imo.

MikeRaphone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeRaphone

There's no component in any headphone I've ever seen that makes headphones worth hundreds of dollars.

It's all marketing. Don't get ripped off, people.

amorphousalias

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amorphousalias
MikeRaphone wrote:There's no component in any headphone I've ever seen that makes headphones worth hundreds of dollars.

To *you* which is fine.

willyone

quality posts: 26 Private Messages willyone

FYI, for anyone in the market for an excellent pair of BT headphones (aren't noise canceling) but not wanting to spend much, at least as of Sat. 15th, the parent has a sale on MEElectronics Runaway headphones for $49.99! I own these and think they're an outstanding value even at their $99 list price. How many headphones have a 4.3 average rating with 912 reviews? I'm not dissing these headphones, just offering a possible alternative for those looking to spend less.

gordon144

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gordon144

Can these headphones also be used corded - such as plug into an airplane jack and watch an airplane movie along with the noise cancelation?

LoFi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoFi

~6hr battery life with everything enabled. Requires an app to sound good & has rather crappy sound over the wire. Also probably won't fit well if you have a big head.

mostundudelike

gordon144 wrote:Can these headphones also be used corded - such as plug into an airplane jack and watch an airplane movie along with the noise cancelation?

Yes, they work corded as well. A cord is provided.

mostundudelike

LoFi wrote:~6hr battery life with everything enabled. Requires an app to sound good & has rather crappy sound over the wire. Also probably won't fit well if you have a big head.

I have a famously ginormous head and can wear them comfortably for 4+ hours at a stretch.

mostundudelike

It's worth noting that the battery has to be charged in the headset, as there is no external charger.

eskwadrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eskwadrat

With all do respect to designer, calling headphones a parrot is really dumb.

Steve

seamore2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages seamore2001

The company I work for did some consumer testing in which these headphones were compared against several other premium headsets. I don't remember the exact percentages, but the Zik led in categories like comfort and in overall positive impressions.

I've long wanted a pair, but 1. that's still a lot of money, even if they're the cat's meow; and 2. I cycle between Android and Windows Phone, currently using WP and I'd want an app for that if I bought the Zik.

stryderxx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stryderxx

I own a pair of these headphones. If you use an iPhone these headphones are the perfect match! Sweet sound, decent noise cancellation, touch controls and high quality fit and finish. I definitely recommend them.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
stryderxx wrote:I own a pair of these headphones. If you use an iPhone these headphones are the perfect match!

If you own an iPhone, you might be used to over paying...
No that was mean, but could not stop myself.
I'm not an audiophile, nor think I could ever become one. Turns out AudioPhiles own multiple sets of headphones, depending on what they are listening to.
So, is this a price that would get you to buy another pair?

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I use headphones for (mostly) spoken audio editing, so I'm not an audiophile. When I was an FM jock, we could switch between what was going out to the transmitter and what was heard over the air. The OTA stuff was all compressed.

So my question: In order to transmit over bluetooth, is the signal compressed?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

farnwojf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farnwojf

If I thought Woot could get these to me before this next Friday (International flight), I would be all over this deal!

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

They look like hockey pucks for your ears.

admoin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages admoin

Just to be 1000% sure - is there a microphone so that I can make calls with this too?

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Please remember these are not new, they're "reconditioned". Also remember that you CANNOT return these to woot if you don't like them.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee

I just saw that there's a deal on some BT head phones that are a bit more reasonable over on Deals! in case you are dreaming of these, but must settle for something just "very good" ;)

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

admoin wrote:Just to be 1000% sure - is there a microphone so that I can make calls with this too?

Yes. Per the CNet Review:

"Wearing the headphones, I made a few calls, and while I thought the Ziks worked pretty well as a headset I expected a little more. I could hear the people I spoke fine, but they said I sounded a little grainy and muffled and that it sounded like the microphone wasn't that close to my mouth."

link:http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/parrot-zik-wireless-bluetooth/4505-13831_7-35409771-2.html

engineire

quality posts: 5 Private Messages engineire

And an additional deal on a BT set today offered by Groupon - but not as high quality as others . . .

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-philips-bluetooth-stereo-headphones?p=2&utm_source=pc_goods&utm_medium=email&sid=44a993a0-ee5f-44ce-b87f-10719485372d&division=grand-rapids&user=949cd7de8a755a3075babca676e29e800b38d7fda80832dbf56d5affd0f452c4&date=20140316&s=body&c=button&d=Goods-PN&utm_campaign=44a993a0-ee5f-44ce-b87f-10719485372d&

curtiswvu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curtiswvu
equitek wrote:No mic though for making calls?

There is a mic for making calls, actually a few mics.

sonelone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonelone
MikeRaphone wrote:There's no component in any headphone I've ever seen that makes headphones worth hundreds of dollars.

It's all marketing. Don't get ripped off, people.

Of course there isn't. There is no component in a dish from a five star restaurant that's worth hundreds of dollar either, but there is the cost of labor of world class chefs. For headphones, you need engineers. Engineers don't come cheap you know. Tuition as Stanford is currently over $40,000 for us engineers.

rbivt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rbivt

Do you thing the noise cancellation would work on a lawn tractor - I've been looking something like this to listen to while working (lawn business in the summer) but still protect my hearing