desert50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desert50
XMRacer wrote:I see people posting about they chop more than the cups will hold.
Do we know how much they will hold? Did I miss something. They do look on the small side, but it's hard to tell in a picture.
If we could get actual bowl capacity that would be great.

Overall Dimensions: 22"x16.5"x2.2"
Prep Bowl Dimensions: Dia 4" x H 2"
Prep Bowl Capacity: 10.5 oz.

stormy2084

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stormy2084
bigbillyt wrote:I would tend to have this board near my stove and would probably use the prep bowls for other spices or liquid ingredients that are going to go into the pot along with my chopped veggies/fruits. Think small amounts of chili paste, oil, measured amounts of herbs, sugar, salt etc.

Ding ding! We have a winner. This is exactly what I was thinking. Spoken like someone who actually cooks - not an armchair chef on woot!

Also agree that end-grain maple would be preferred, but it gets expensive to do it right!

foyman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages foyman

How heavy is this thing? I don't see it in specs.

fogbullet

desert50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desert50

Overall Dimensions: 22"x16.5"x2.2"
Prep Bowl Dimensions: Dia 4" x H 2"
Prep Bowl Capacity: 10.5 oz.

davidmcgill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidmcgill

billthegunowner

quality posts: 12 Private Messages billthegunowner
bbkf wrote:Am I the only one that laughed at the MSRP of $150?

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

nice try woot, nice try

They're $117.00 on Amazon. So MSRP may be $150.00

Bill

italia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages italia

where is this bamboo butcher block made?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

italia wrote:where is this bamboo butcher block made?

China.

rfasman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rfasman

Is the glue non-toxic?

ertolsma

quality posts: 13 Private Messages ertolsma
rfasman wrote:Is the glue non-toxic?

If your concern is about formaldehyde which is sometimes raised, don't worry about it. Your body and most living things already produce formaldehyde. This became one of the scare tactics of the anti-vax group because some vaccines (and many OTC drugs, too) use formaldehyde, and it sounds scary because it's used in embalming. But the amounts in medicines, or a cutting block's glue, is completely harmless.

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril
mexter wrote:Is that an avocado next to a strawberry? Either the world's largest strawberry, or the world's tiniest avocado.

Terrible photoshop job.

Lime and a small vine tomato.

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril
davidmcgill wrote:Heck with this deal, I'm buying mine from Kohl's.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1077996/Core-Bamboo-Pro-Chef-Butcher-Block-With-2-Prep-Bowls.jsp

Only $175 for a smaller board with one fewer bowls!

realchiaroscuro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realchiaroscuro
SurplusHP wrote:Suggestion: Measure the board dimensions out on a piece of paper.

Note the size of the bowls compared to the apple - pretty small.

bareshiyth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bareshiyth
ScottFromWyoming wrote:Ballpark: It's 16 inches wide, so those look to be maybe 4 inches across, call it 3.5. The overall height of the board including feet is 2.25", so the board itself looks like 1.75". Maybe the cups are 1.5"? That makes 3.5x1.5=14.4 cubic inches, which is 8 fluid ounces, or: one cup.

The specs are given: the cups are 4' by 2" and hold 10.8 fl oz.

popichan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popichan
bbkf wrote:PS - It doesn't cost that much.

98% of sales of the brand Core are through TJ Maxx and woot because their stuff is below average quality at above average price.

It doesn't cost as much as their saying it does, but it doesn't cost all that much less. It's still a pretty good deal if you want one of those.

vickysain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vickysain

I love it

mistaeric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistaeric

I would not cut up meat on it,only veggies. I feel safer cutting up chicken etc on plastic cutting boards. But thats just my preference.

weklund

quality posts: 2 Private Messages weklund
davidmcgill wrote:Heck with this deal, I'm buying mine from Kohl's.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1077996/Core-Bamboo-Pro-Chef-Butcher-Block-With-2-Prep-Bowls.jsp

Kohl's Is A Deal ....

Item(s) added to your shopping bag

Core Bamboo Pro-Chef Butcher Block With 3 Prep Bowls Quantity : 1
$224.99

I am a chef ... this is a deal. Love bamboo chop boards and have used them for many years. Cant go wrong with this unique and handy block at Woot's price point. I just bought two.

therealchooch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therealchooch

ok i literally gasped at the size/heft of this bad boy. i believe this can be classified as MAJESTIC!

oh, the foods I shall chop! I will be a gourmet chef!
*chops nothing - places cheap freezer pizza on board.*

schmaffy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages schmaffy

Well, I got mine today. If I could ever fall in love with a cutting board, this would be it. Majestic is a good word. This thing is enormous and solid and full of awesome. I have it on my counter in a portrait orientation with the bowls at the top - and they are currently holding my cooking spray bottle, my olive oil bottle, and my butter jar, to save counter space. And there's still double the surface area of my old cutting board to work with. Major win with this one.

phoenixfae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoenixfae

Our cutting board came today - I guess I really needed to read the SIZE of it better! This thing is Giant! It's solid too - seems well built! I'm sure the hubby (head chef of the household) will put it to good use!

serajane

quality posts: 1 Private Messages serajane

Mine arrived yesterday, and I absolutely love it!
It's more than just a "cutting board"....more like a great work surface.
Plenty of room for lots of chopping, and the bowls are plenty large enough to hold whatever you chop.
Wish I'd bought 3 of them...for me, my daughter, and my daughter-in-law.
Alas, I will be the only one to enjoy the one that I did get.

crazymama51

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazymama51
bbkf wrote:Am I the only one that laughed at the MSRP of $150?

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

nice try woot, nice try

THIS IS A HIGH END CUTTING BOARD WHICH WOULD SELL FOR ALOT MORE THAN WOOT SOLD IT FOR! I LOVE IT..IT IS HUGE. GIRLS LIKE HUGE.

crazymama51

foyman wrote:How heavy is this thing? I don't see it in specs.

It's pretty big and is fairly heavy; not a cheap piece of wood either. I just got mine and love it. I'm going to just leave it on my kitchen counter and use it as needed. The cups will hold quite a bit. This was a great price for this high quality board..very nice!

crazymama51

schmaffy wrote:Well, I got mine today. If I could ever fall in love with a cutting board, this would be it. Majestic is a good word. This thing is enormous and solid and full of awesome. I have it on my counter in a portrait orientation with the bowls at the top - and they are currently holding my cooking spray bottle, my olive oil bottle, and my butter jar, to save counter space. And there's still double the surface area of my old cutting board to work with. Major win with this one.

I TOTALLY AGREE! LOVE MINE TOO!