WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Haier 45-Pint Dehumidifier - White

Speed to First Woot:
24m 9.666s
First Sucker:
StuartWannabe25
Last Wooter to Woot:
msampso1
Last Purchase:
4 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 44% of Woot.com Woots
Top 28% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 23% of Woot.com Woots
Top 19% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 12% first woot
  • 6% second woot
  • 26% < 10 woots
  • 22% < 25 woots
  • 34% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 5% joined today
  • 2% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 11% one year old
  • 81% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 96% bought 1
  • 3% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

1%
2%
2%
2%
2%
1%
3%
6%
14%
4%
11%
5%
9%
4%
3%
2%
6%
1%
5%
6%
4%
2%
2%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


wootstalkerbot


quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]


Haier 45-Pint Dehumidifier - White
Price: $149.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Mar 24 to Tuesday, Mar 25) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

luke975


quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

I would want a drain hose as an included option. emptying this pan would get old quick.

I always did like yardsales.

lichme


quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

Overstock has a good review
Amazon users seem to like it too

btalarczyk


quality posts: 3 Private Messages btalarczyk

Is this one of those Gree electric appliance "Branded" dehumidifiers? The model number format looks similar.

I need a new one of these since my previous model was recalled along with a million or so other ones.

After that massive recall, I don't trust anything made at that giant Gree factory in China except that most of the branded dehumidifiers are actually made by them, just with a different company name on unit.

I guess I'm stuck until I can find a nice model made anywhere except Gree!

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3124 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's check out the product page for an extremely similar model and let's learn all about Haier

sdc100


quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100
luke975 wrote:I would want a drain hose as an included option. emptying this pan would get old quick.



I certainly hope you don't consider a career in nursing...

luke975


quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
sdc100 wrote:I certainly hope you don't consider a career in nursing...



lol. im actually a housekeeper in a hospital. I know many nurses and for the responsibility they have they aren't paid nearly enough.

I always did like yardsales.

sdc100


quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100

Dehumidifying is a good Summer option for those who are sensitive to cold temperatures or whose household wiring won't permit an air conditioner. Both describe my mother, who can't stand cold drafts. And her fuse blows if a high wattage appliance is on the same time as the fridge. A dehumidifier and a fan (she loves her Dyson) would carry her through the Summer. My only qualm is that dehumidifiers are often very loud.

jelliebaby


quality posts: 11 Private Messages jelliebaby
luke975 wrote:I would want a drain hose as an included option. emptying this pan would get old quick.



I've not yet found any dehumidifer which comes with a drain hose. I just took an old garden hose, cut it and laid it to the main basement drain - easypeasy.

sdc100


quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100

FYI, the first air conditioner, which recently celebrated its 100th birthday, was really a dehumidifier. Cooling the air was just a lucky side effect. A New York publisher complained that humidity caused paper to jam in his high speed presses. An engineer noticed that a large pipe carrying cold water ran across the ceiling. As many of you know, a cold container [i.e. milk carton] quickly gets wet in hot humid weather. This is due to condensation, where moisture in the air converts to water on cold surfaces. The engineer aimed a bunch of fans toward the pipe and voila, instant dehumidification. Moist air collected on the cold pipe, where it became water that was drained out.

sdc100


quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100
luke975 wrote:lol. im actually a housekeeper in a hospital. I know many nurses and for the responsibility they have they aren't paid nearly enough.



My father was recently hospitalized and I'm also a medical researcher so I know hospital staff quite well. I completely agree with you regarding nurses, but would also give props to you housekeepers. You guys are often the only friendly faces patients see in between procedures. A kind word and smile mean a lot, and we got a lot of them from the housekeeping staff. But unlike the medical staff, you guys don't get any recognition. That's why we wrote letters of appreciation to hospital administration acknowledging each person by name.

luke975


quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
jelliebaby wrote:I've not yet found any dehumidifer which comes with a drain hose. I just took an old garden hose, cut it and laid it to the main basement drain - easypeasy.



I'm sorry I wasn't clear earlier. this model does not offer the option to drain the water at all. the only method of getting rid of the collected water is by dumping the collection pan.

I always did like yardsales.

bakntyme


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakntyme
luke975 wrote:I'm sorry I wasn't clear earlier. this model does not offer the option to drain the water at all. the only method of getting rid of the collected water is by dumping the collection pan.



On the WOOT listing, on the Features tab, under "Safety and Convenience", the first bullet point is "Trouble free drain connect".

luke975


quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
bakntyme wrote:On the WOOT listing, on the Features tab, under "Safety and Convenience", the first bullet point is "Trouble free drain connect".



you're right. thanks. I didn't think it came with that option

I always did like yardsales.

ithinkblue


quality posts: 14 Private Messages ithinkblue

I live in the north and have a full basement. I run my dehumidifier non stop from May through September. It keeps my basement from smelling like a basement. Last year my Haier which was about 8 years old quit working. I replaced it with a 70-pint Soleus. Now I only have to empty it once a day. No complaints about the Haier though-they are all kind of loud-we do a lot of living in the basement, you just have to get used to it.

nolanr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nolanr
ithinkblue wrote: Now I only have to empty it once a day.....



I also run my dehumidifier in the basement during the warmer months, but I use a drain line (old piece of garden hose).
I have to empty it... uh... well, I guess I never have to.

donslin


quality posts: 3 Private Messages donslin
luke975 wrote:lol. im actually a housekeeper in a hospital. I know many nurses and for the responsibility they have they aren't paid nearly enough.



I agree! I've been in the hospital enough times to know that nurses not only have a ton of responsibility, no matter where they work they are nearly always short staffed and run themselves ragged during their shifts. And, very often are underappreciated, even verbally abused, by patients (and some doctors).

1reeves


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1reeves
btalarczyk wrote:Is this one of those Gree electric appliance "Branded" dehumidifiers? The model number format looks similar.

I need a new one of these since my previous model was recalled along with a million or so other ones.

After that massive recall, I don't trust anything made at that giant Gree factory in China except that most of the branded dehumidifiers are actually made by them, just with a different company name on unit.

I guess I'm stuck until I can find a nice model made anywhere except Gree!



Looking at the CPSC website, it does not show Haier as a recalled brand.
I have two Haier dehumidifiers sitting my basement right now . BOTH are non-functioning. One was replaced under warranty. The second lasted just past the warranty date.
Had to go back to using a 30 year old Kenmore.

mjonczak


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mjonczak

This company warrants its NEW dehumidifier for ONLY one (1) month??!!! This company only has faith its product will last one (1) month? I know that WooT gives an additional eleven (11) months warranty; but if you bought this product in a box-store, you'd only get ONE months warranty? I wouldn't pay good money for a mechanical/electrical product with only one months warranty. Most products have a ninety day warranty (which I think is too little). What happened to the one year warranty?

"When I die, I want to go             
as my grandfather did:                
quietly, peacefully, in his sleep. 
Not like his passengers." 

ItsBob2112


quality posts: 6 Private Messages ItsBob2112
mjonczak wrote:This company warrants its NEW dehumidifier for ONLY one (1) month??!!! This company only has faith its product will last one (1) month? I know that WooT gives an additional eleven (11) months warranty; but if you bought this product in a box-store, you'd only get ONE months warranty? I wouldn't pay good money for a mechanical/electrical product with only one months warranty. Most products have a ninety day warranty (which I think is too little). What happened to the one year warranty?



That is my thinking also. So if I was to get one now my warranty is up a few months before I would even use it. If I wait until June or July to get one, I'm pretty sure it's going to cost more.

Wooter to blame for sellout: ItsBob2112

auerbacs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages auerbacs

Thank god! My humidifier makes the air too humid. If I run this dehumidifier at the same time, that should fix the problem, right?

aubinc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aubinc

I had two Haier dehumidifiers die on me a few years back. The first one quit working within a month. The second one lasted the entire summer, but when I turned it on the next spring (I didn't really need it during the winter) the compressor wouldn't kick on. At that point I decided to never buy another Haier product again.

I bought an LG and haven't had any problems with it at all.

bigfrank


quality posts: 10 Private Messages bigfrank
luke975 wrote:I would want a drain hose as an included option. emptying this pan would get old quick.



If you want the hose option look for an AC/Dehumidifier, You can switch from Ac to Dehumidify and drain it to your sink or outside or into the pan. IMO for about $70 more that is the way to go

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com

sounddude


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sounddude

Be very careful buying this. Read all the negative reviews at Amazon and other places. This machine is noisy, and basically only works for a short period of time, if you get one that does work. And then customer service is terrible, especially if you don't keep the receipt. There are better dehumidifiers that you can get, and that may actually work. Good luck!

tjcanno


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tjcanno

Read the reviews for the Haier unit mentioned above, on their OWN web page. There are 4 reviews and 2 of the 4 basically say that unit sux and to not buy one. That really instills confidence! They talk about having an office in the USA, but are silent about where this unit is actually manufactured.

jimkingadventure


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimkingadventure

We've owned several Haier dehumidifiers, none of which worked properly. Customer service was nonexistent. At one point, they replaced a defective unit with one that was obviously used; one which was most likely returned, sent to us with parts missing and in worse condition than the one we had originally. Would not buy ANYTHING with this brand name. Just one family's experience.

shouguijin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shouguijin
wootstalkerbot wrote:[Preview 1][Preview 2]


Haier 45-Pint Dehumidifier - White
Price: $149.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Mar 24 to Tuesday, Mar 25) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google



Squaredog59


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Squaredog59
jimkingadventure wrote:We've owned several Haier dehumidifiers, none of which worked properly. Customer service was nonexistent. At one point, they replaced a defective unit with one that was obviously used; one which was most likely returned, sent to us with parts missing and in worse condition than the one we had originally. Would not buy ANYTHING with this brand name. Just one family's experience.



Had a similar experience with the Haier dehumidifier last year. Very frustrating and time consuming working with the customer service department. Finally had to write letters and file a compliant with the BBB. I too will stay away from this brand. The prices may look tempting, however the quality and endurance of their products makes this brand a risky purchase.