zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1]

3in Quilted Memory Topper
Price: $69.99 - 119.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Mar 25 to Wednesday, Mar 26) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

[MOD: Updated to remove 'Gel' from the title]

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 3023 Private Messages lichme

mangamonster

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mangamonster

Just bought a King. Our new mattress is too firm for the wifey, so I'm hoping this helps her out a bit. Will report back when I have it tested.

Gamrz Podcast Show

sdc100

quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100

For those who are on the fence, these really do make a difference, especially if you prefer a very firm mattress. We had a patient who weighed only 120 lbs but his back problems required that he slept on an extra firm mattress. The big problem was that he was too light to press down on the mattress, meaning that it didn't conform to the curves of his back. In fact, you can slip a sheet of paper underneath the lumbar area. As a result, a alot of weight was concentrated on the small areas that did press down -- while other areas weren't supported at all. These mattress toppers fix that, filling in the space between his lumbar and the mattress. That allows for more even support and weight distribution. And with a firm conventional mattress below, there is no sag, which can be an issue with foam mattresses.

Sagging is a major complaint in memory foam mattresses. A lot of people complain that they're too soft for sitting on, making it hard to get out of bed. That's because the inner core of memory foam mattresses is just plain old dense foam. They simply can't match the support of metal springs. Putting a memory foam topper on top of a conventional spring mattress gives the best of both worlds.

gpzbc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gpzbc

Can I still use standard sheets with this? Or will this topper necessitate buying deeper sheets?

nicolesmith816

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicolesmith816
gpzbc wrote:Can I still use standard sheets with this? Or will this topper necessitate buying deeper sheets?

That would depend on how deep your fitted sheets are. You're only adding 3 inches and most newer sheets have deeper fitted pockets.

yossisiegel

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yossisiegel

Can't find much in terms of reviews, except for this o.co review of the non gel version. A common complaint is the odor that never goes away and the foam that never fully expands past 2 inches

http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Swiss-Lux-Euro-Extraordinaire-3-inch-Memory-Foam-Quilted-Mattress-Topper/5047645/customer-reviews.html?rpage=1&rsort=4

0hio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 0hio

I'm only contributing to the conversation... We bought an el cheapo king mattress "in a box" that had a pillowtop. It was great for about 4 months...

After much research I ended up getting a 2" natural latex (talalay) topper and now, four years later we are still happy with the elCheapo mattress + topper.

My contribution though is to refute the above post that claims latex has no heat issues. I was never a "hot sleeper" in the days of inner sping mattresses. Memory foam made me into a sweat factory. Latex, while better, still make me sweat if I don't do all I can to make my room very cool outside of the covers.

I'm interested in this topper as we're about to move rooms and will have a queen, but I'm not sold on it yet. Hope to hear some more reviews of people who actually get it.

trilliank

quality posts: 6 Private Messages trilliank

Im allergic to latex, so that isnt an option. I have an innerspring and want a cool topper. Im thinking this one would work. Any other personal experiences with gel foam toppers? I sleep hot naturally so I don't want to be hotter

[MOD: There was an error in the sale. These are not gel foam. Sorry.]

billthegunowner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages billthegunowner

If I add 3" of height to my mattress, the bed sheets won't fit. It's a tight fit now as it is. And the comforter will hang 3" higher off of the ground. That's not good.

Bill

mchale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mchale

I'm debating getting one to sleep on (without a mattress underneath it). How would this work if you put it directly on a floor or in the back of an SUV? Is it thick enough? I hate inflatable mattresses.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

IMPORTANT

Hey all. Looks like we made a booboo. The topper we are selling is not gel infused. However, it does have cooling properties from the ventilation in the quilted air memory foam.

Customer service will be contacting customers that ordered to ensure that you want this topper.

UPDATE: I also removed a few posts that talked about Gel.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

meanddubby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meanddubby
trilliank wrote:Im allergic to latex, so that isnt an option. I have an innerspring and want a cool topper. Im thinking this one would work. Any other personal experiences with gel foam toppers? I sleep hot naturally so I don't want to be hotter

As another who is also allergic to latex - avoid ALL "memory" foam unless it comes guaranteed to be latex free from a latex free manufacturer. Otherwise, you may end up sleeping on latex anyway. (Been there, done that)

sdmcfarland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdmcfarland

Where are these made ??

[MOD: Per the specs, they're made in China.]

SegWayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SegWayne

I can't speak for this product, but I have one of the Walmart (Canopy brand) 4" foam toppers that I've used for about 5 years now on a cheap $300 firm mattress set.

As I recall, and it's been years, I paid about the same price, and will do it again in a heartbeat if the topper I have ever wears out.

The Canopy topper, combined with the cheap mattress is actually far more comfortable (and has lasted FAR longer) than the $1500 quilted, pillow top Sealy mattress set I purchased in 2008...

The expensive Sealy set I bought bunched up and formed rock-hard "ditches" within about 6 months but they wouldn't replace it under warranty because it didn't meet THEIR standards of "broken".

My point, and sorry for babbling, is that I'm a big fan of thick mattress toppers and this looks like it would do you just fine for the money...

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
mchale wrote:I'm debating getting one to sleep on (without a mattress underneath it). How would this work if you put it directly on a floor or in the back of an SUV? Is it thick enough? I hate inflatable mattresses.

I slept on a 3” latex mattress (on the floor) for years in the 1970’s and it was extremely comfortable. But that said I do not think just because this is also 3” that it would work. The density is more important and from my experience with toppers, I would guess that this would not have the support necessary as my 3” mattress did.

mchale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mchale
escalante wrote:But that said I do not think just because this is also 3” that it would work. The density is more important and from my experience with toppers, I would guess that this would not have the support necessary as my 3” mattress did.

Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

-Mc

e2taylor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages e2taylor
trilliank wrote:Im allergic to latex, so that isnt an option. I have an innerspring and want a cool topper. Im thinking this one would work. Any other personal experiences with gel foam toppers? I sleep hot naturally so I don't want to be hotter

I have a 3 in gelfoam topper that I bought at Costco...to go over a Serta adjustable bed...which also has gel foam... I do find it to be hotter than the latex topper I have at my other house (bed). The gel foam topper does not have fabric, padding etc...but my latex topper does. I prefer the latex topper as it feels more natural. the gel foam feels like you are laying in wet sand!

ThunderThighs

Staff

sdmcfarland wrote:Where are these made ??

Per the specs, they're made in China.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hockdrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hockdrew

How well does this roll up into storage? I am looking for something to put on top of my inflatable mattress for guests. I want something that is comfortable as well as space compact.

photobobk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages photobobk

I have back and shoulder issues so I have an adjustable bed that lets me raise and lower the head and foot areas of the mattress, depending where the pain is. (it's complicated)

What I'm wondering is if one of these toppers is flexible enough to "follow" (or hug)the different contours of the mattress, or will it sort of bridge those gaps until I lay down on it. The latter could be uncomfortable...

rilke123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rilke123

I can't tell whether this is a good price or not.

Also - anyone ever use a topper on a futon?

blipper67

quality posts: 8 Private Messages blipper67

I see the mod is busy censoring my 2 posts which were drafted to protect us consumers much less correcting their own erroneous info. So, I'll give fair warning again without recommending other products which might interfere with the almighty dollar and the Woot Thought Police - do your homework people.

scotteik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scotteik

Anyone ever tried putting one of these under the top cover of a SleepNumber bed? I was just wondering how that would feel. Still get the adjustable firmness of the air bed, but the extra comfort of the memory foam topper. And since it probably has to be zipped up inside the SleepNumber, corners would probably get squished down so our regular sheets will still fit fine.

ThunderThighs

Staff

blipper67 wrote:I see the mod is busy censoring my 2 posts which were drafted to protect us consumers much less correcting their own erroneous info. So, I'll give fair warning again without recommending other products which might interfere with the almighty dollar and the Woot Thought Police - do your homework people.

Your posts concerned gel toppers (from what I could tell). We've corrected this sale - it is not a gel topper.

Nothing personal.

FORUM MODERATOR

alotech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alotech

I see pillows in the picture. Are they included? Thanks.

dznylvr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dznylvr

It appears that Soft-Tex private labels these for Bed, Bath & Beyond as the Therapedic brand.

It might be worth a stop at B3 to test it out.
Their website also has reviews.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/therapedic-deluxe-3-inch-luxury-quilted-memory-foam-mattress-topper/121630

zeusneeds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeusneeds
meanddubby wrote:As another who is also allergic to latex - avoid ALL "memory" foam unless it comes guaranteed to be latex free from a latex free manufacturer. Otherwise, you may end up sleeping on latex anyway. (Been there, done that)

Where's The Hoop?: Latex is rubber from trees in Asia, mostly Thailand. Memory foam is made of petro chemicals. There are some combo beds and toppers that use both latex and memory foam but should be clearly stated. Latex costs more then memory foam.

ThunderThighs

Staff

alotech wrote:I see pillows in the picture. Are they included? Thanks.

Pillows are not included. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!!

jnbeebower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnbeebower
rilke123 wrote:I can't tell whether this is a good price or not.

Also - anyone ever use a topper on a futon?

The pricing here for these is good. A few yrs ago or more, we paid $200 (half price) for a 4 in. queen topper at Kohls.

You could probably use one on a Futon if you kept it folded out as a bed. Otherwise, it'd be sort of a pain to keep moving it off and back on.

scubalab

quality posts: 9 Private Messages scubalab
DaveInSoCal wrote:THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!!

"Where's your other hand?"

"Between two pillows..."

Classic!!

heinzbitte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heinzbitte

Darn you Woot!

I saw this before work, and was excited that they weren't sold out when I got home.

Then I realized it wasn't gel.

I've been looking for a gel topper to put on top of my very cheap mattress I just bought online.

paperdoll509

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paperdoll509

When I got an email and went in to see this topper it said gel memory foam. I started to order it tonight and it don't say gel anymore. They changed it. I have the email saying it was gel also. What's up???

ssgtkid2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssgtkid2010

I wanted and ordered a Gel memory foam topper. My receipt from you is for a Gel Memory Foam topper. I sent an e-mail stating I was not interested in a substituted product which I got no response to. Today, you are shipping the product that I was sold after being told it was gel foam. I have resent an e-mail including my phone number. Your error is not my fault. I have e-mails showing a Gel Foam topper and a shipping e-mail showing a different product. Please contact me to correct this ASAP!

Long time woot shopper.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ssgtkid2010 wrote:I wanted and ordered a Gel memory foam topper. My receipt from you is for a Gel Memory Foam topper. I sent an e-mail stating I was not interested in a substituted product which I got no response to. Today, you are shipping the product that I was sold after being told it was gel foam. I have resent an e-mail including my phone number. Your error is not my fault. I have e-mails showing a Gel Foam topper and a shipping e-mail showing a different product. Please contact me to correct this ASAP!

Long time woot shopper.

paperdoll509 wrote:When I got an email and went in to see this topper it said gel memory foam. I started to order it tonight and it don't say gel anymore. They changed it. I have the email saying it was gel also. What's up???

Sorry for the delayed response to you guys.

If you have a questions concerning your order from today, please email into support@woot.com and let them know.

Please remember to include your order number and username so they may help you in a timely fashion.

They should be able to explain the issue and answer any questions or concerns you have about your purchase.

Twitchsd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twitchsd
ThunderThighs wrote: IMPORTANT

Hey all. Looks like we made a booboo. The topper we are selling is not gel infused. However, it does have cooling properties from the ventilation in the quilted air memory foam.

Customer service will be contacting customers that ordered to ensure that you want this topper.

UPDATE: I also removed a few posts that talked about Gel.

Customer service did not contact me so I contacted them, now they are arguing with me saying the item did not change and I must of been misunderstood what was offered this is BS woot. I am pissed you sit there and admit wrong and then accuse me of basically being stupid instead of cancelling my order.

Woot List:
  • Pinnacle PCTV To Go HD Wireless
  • iRiver AFT100 Mobile FM Transmitter
  • Delphi Skyfi2 XM Receiver with Boombox and Car Kit
  • InFocus ScreenPlay 7210 HD DLP Projector
  • Excalibur Plug and Play 6 Player Texas Hold’em Poker
  • GN-Netcom GN6110 Bluetooth Headset
  • Logitech Mobile Traveller Bluetooth Headset
  • Saitek No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em Poker 2-Pack
  • Saitek A-200 Portable 2.1 Speaker System
  • Prevention Wrist-Mounted Blood Pressure Monitor
  • ThunderThighs

Staff

Twitchsd wrote:Customer service did not contact me so I contacted them, now they are arguing with me saying the item did not change and I must of been misunderstood what was offered this is BS woot. I am pissed you sit there and admit wrong and then accuse me of basically being stupid instead of cancelling my order.

I'm sorry for the problem. The email hasn't been sent out yet but will be as soon as it's approved.

I'm talking with CS on your case to make sure you get the correct information.

FORUM MODERATOR

chrisquinn13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chrisquinn13

I purchased this and I have a fancy new adjustable bed. Anyone have experience with these and know if they are OK for use with adjustable beds?