zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

California Umbrellas - Your Choice
Price: $27.99 - 77.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Wednesday, Apr 02 to Monday, Apr 07) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/30/2013 - $29.99 - 24 comment(s)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 2905 Private Messages lichme

Here is the optional base, with ok reviews

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3528 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's learn all about California Umbrella

therealjrn

quality posts: 39 Private Messages therealjrn

Damn. And here I am in Oklahoma. Is there some sort of list or something I can subscribe to for Oklahoma umbrellas?

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

ceagee

quality posts: 65 Private Messages ceagee
therealjrn wrote:Damn. And here I am in Oklahoma. Is there some sort of list or something I can subscribe to for Oklahoma umbrellas?

I was just going to ask the same about NY ;-)

wootorama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootorama

That's not fair! That California. They get EVERYTHING.

julieannbowers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julieannbowers

Anyone know the difference in shades from sunset orange and tuscan orange? Patio set is " pakrika" orange. No pic for sunset. Would be cheaper than $299 they are asking for matching umbrella to my outdoor furniture & need at least 2.

iloveboobs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveboobs
julieannbowers wrote:Anyone know the difference in shades from sunset orange and tuscan orange? Patio set is " pakrika" orange. No pic for sunset. Would be cheaper than $299 they are asking for matching umbrella to my outdoor furniture & need at least 2.

I'm from California and naturally I can answer any of these questions about a California umbrella better than anyone else.

First, I think you mean "paPrika", Ms Bowers, don't you?

Sure you do... And so I'd imagine sunset Orange to be brighter (as in closer to yellow than ot is to red) than Tuscan Orange.

Now, setting that aside, I think that no matter how hard you try, you aren't likely to be able to match the exact same shade... And having to have the umbrellas be slightly off color from the rest of the furniture will make it look cheap and/or make one or the other look old and used up (faded). So you might consider going with the same color but intentionally go with a completely different shade of that same color and that way it would look like you couldn't screw it up as badly if you tried, and instead it will look intentional....

Hope this helps!

iloveboobs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveboobs
wootorama wrote:That's not fair! That California. They get EVERYTHING.

Well, not "everything" everything, just everything COOL...

Including earthquakes...

Ever been in an earthquake wootorama? How about 5 earthquakes in the span of less than an hour?

Yes, looking back on them may seem like fun (as long as no one was injured) but to live life having to anticipate that the BIG one is coming, but who knows when, well... That might be worth a lot more than a bunch of pretty unbrellas; don't you think?

Be careful what you wish for...

BillNole

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BillNole
therealjrn wrote:Damn. And here I am in Oklahoma. Is there some sort of list or something I can subscribe to for Oklahoma umbrellas?

If it's anything like IL, just wait a week or so and the wind should deliver one, although you don't get to select the color or style...

'Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.' - Theodore Geisel aka Dr. Seuss

To Each His Own...

Always Fall Up!

squidward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squidward
wootorama wrote:That's not fair! That California. They get EVERYTHING.

Including a 5.1 earth quake a few hours ago.

suebob4001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages suebob4001
BillNole wrote:If it's anything like IL, just wait a week or so and the wind should deliver one, although you don't get to select the color or style...

Your earthquake will be next time your legislators meet...Tax me baby!!!!

wootyougot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootyougot
lichme wrote:Here is the optional base, with ok reviews

With these kind of bases you ALWAYS have to spray it down with Rust-Oleum or another kind of anti rusting deal. Otherwise it will get all sortsa nasty after the first rain.

bls1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bls1

Anyone have personal experience with the fabrics here (polyester vs olefin)? The ad copy seems to suggest that if you're going to leave it out in the sun and rain that the olefin is the better call. Just wondering if anyone has a polyester patio umbrella that stood the test of time (or faded really quickly)?

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

Do these work with any umbrella base or only theirs?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

john92024

quality posts: 1 Private Messages john92024
bls1 wrote:Anyone have personal experience with the fabrics here (polyester vs olefin)? The ad copy seems to suggest that if you're going to leave it out in the sun and rain that the olefin is the better call. Just wondering if anyone has a polyester patio umbrella that stood the test of time (or faded really quickly)?

No, and yes. In CA I gave up long ago trying to beat the sun. Now I just buy khaki colored umbrellas when they're on sale and replace them when they die. Notice I said "when", not "if". And unless you spend a great deal on the aluminum/crank style, be prepared for them to be permanently tilted after the first moderately brisk wind.

I don't have any experience with these particular umbrellas, so my comments are generic in nature. And as far as the various oranges vs. paprika color; don't worry, if you leave them out in the sun they'll all be the same color in short order anyway!

daduckster

quality posts: 6 Private Messages daduckster
julieannbowers wrote:Anyone know the difference in shades from sunset orange and tuscan orange? Patio set is " pakrika" orange. No pic for sunset. Would be cheaper than $299 they are asking for matching umbrella to my outdoor furniture & need at least 2.

Actually, there is a sunset orange at the bottom of the row of pictures...but colors might vary slightly between models. Best suggestion is pick a complementary color. For a saturated orange like yours is likely to be, perhaps a navy or royal blue, a black, a khaki or even a lime green might work nicely.

As others have mentioned, these WILL FADE, so matching your furniture only ensures heartbreak in a season or two.

julieannbowers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julieannbowers

Yes indeed, paprika is correct. Quick typing on a phone and no proofreading will do that. Don't think I've had an umbrella past a season with the sun & wind (even more expensive ones), so hate paying too much since I need a couple at least around the pool. Had decided to go that way- thanks!

iloveboobs wrote:I'm from California and naturally I can answer any of these questions about a California umbrella better than anyone else.

First, I think you mean "paPrika", Ms Bowers, don't you?

Sure you do... And so I'd imagine sunset Orange to be brighter (as in closer to yellow than ot is to red) than Tuscan Orange.

Now, setting that aside, I think that no matter how hard you try, you aren't likely to be able to match the exact same shade... And having to have the umbrellas be slightly off color from the rest of the furniture will make it look cheap and/or make one or the other look old and used up (faded). So you might consider going with the same color but intentionally go with a completely different shade of that same color and that way it would look like you couldn't screw it up as badly if you tried, and instead it will look intentional....

Hope this helps!

bskuared

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bskuared

if you are going to buy one of these get the auto tilt! It's just no fun in the sun to be pushing and umbrella around.

food. italy. food. italy. wine. books. travel. food. genealogy. food. wine. italy. food. get. the. idea?

San Clemente · http://www.italyandme.com

insularity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insularity

I received mine today and it was broken.

critcol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages critcol

Wind just snapped my auto-tilt one in half. Wind > aluminum.