WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Projectors & Accessories

If we sent these via rocket ship, we'd first have to calculate the accessory trajectory.

draigun

quality posts: 29 Private Messages draigun

+1 to BenQ brand for projectors.

I absolutely love my BenQ W770ST.

Also, feel free to go for the Optoma 3D glasses, but since it's DLP link, if you're one for off-brands, you can buy a 2-pack of off-brand DLP Link compatible glasses on Amazon for not much more than the price of one pair of the Optoma ones on here.

Just a thought.

Also, for those who are unaware of what "Short Throw" means (because I was before I started shopping around), it means that you can position the projector much closer to the wall and still achieve a decent screen/image size as compared to conventional projectors. These are perfect for apartments.

For reference, my bedroom is ~11.6' wide. This is the image I get when placing the projector on the opposite side of the room:

My mom stole my measuring tape, so I can't provide the exact distance or image size, but it's huuuge and I love it.

Tiahaar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Tiahaar

I patiently await for someday...someday...the BenQ W1070 1080P 3D to show up here...refurbed from the mothership if needs be :-)

draigun

quality posts: 29 Private Messages draigun
Tiahaar wrote:I patiently await for someday...someday...the BenQ W1070 1080P 3D to show up here...refurbed from the mothership if needs be :-)

Good plan. The 720p short throw I have is sexy enough. I can't imagine what their 1080p models look like. I waited for a projector that matched most of my desired criteria on Woot for a few months before I gave up and just bought one new from Amazon.

pookie50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pookie50

anybody besides me get the optoma 100 deal? i passed the first few times it was on here, regretted, told myself if it appears again, i would jump on it. well, it did, so i did.

balldontlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages balldontlie

Nothing about the product here. However, the still that you took from Amelie was one of the best scenes from any movie. Ever. I'll see myself out now...

graygamer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages graygamer
balldontlie wrote:Nothing about the product here. However, the still that you took from Amelie was one of the best scenes from any movie. Ever. I'll see myself out now...

Thanks, I was wondering what movie that was!

oneeyedsage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oneeyedsage

Optoma PT100 WVGA DLP PlayTime Projector

Bought this and regret wasting the money. The settings are very very basic, the picture is very rough. Better to continue to set aside money for the nicer ones.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
draigun wrote:+1 to BenQ brand for projectors.

I absolutely love my BenQ W770ST.

Also, feel free to go for the Optoma 3D glasses, but since it's DLP link, if you're one for off-brands, you can buy a 2-pack of off-brand DLP Link compatible glasses on Amazon for not much more than the price of one pair of the Optoma ones on here.

Just a thought.

Also, for those who are unaware of what "Short Throw" means (because I was before I started shopping around), it means that you can position the projector much closer to the wall and still achieve a decent screen/image size as compared to conventional projectors. These are perfect for apartments.

For reference, my bedroom is ~11.6' wide. This is the image I get when placing the projector on the opposite side of the room:

My mom stole my measuring tape, so I can't provide the exact distance or image size, but it's huuuge and I love it.

thumbs up for veronica mars! :D

jlpinedas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlpinedas

Any of these projectors good for outdoors? I'd like to be have a projector that works outdoor (movie at dusk) and still great for indoor presentations (power points, movie clips, etc). I plan to put the projector about 35 feet from the wall, mounted on the ceiling or just on a table. Any advise it'd be greatly appreciate. Thanks

pookie50

oneeyedsage wrote:Optoma PT100 WVGA DLP PlayTime Projector

Bought this and regret wasting the money. The settings are very very basic, the picture is very rough. Better to continue to set aside money for the nicer ones.

i read all the reviews i could find before i took the plunge, vast majority were good. got it for an extra, to save wear and tear on my hd viewsonic unit. i love projectors, think this should be cool for 'toons, + outdoor viewing. appreciate your input, though.

pookie50

hard to find reviews on the pyle units, anybody have one they are pleased with?

simplyyoyao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simplyyoyao

Anyone got their's shipped? I'm still waiting for it to be shipped since the 4th.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

simplyyoyao wrote:Anyone got their's shipped? I'm still waiting for it to be shipped since the 4th.

Please be aware that standard shipping on items is usually 3-5 business days from the sale (sometimes much sooner than that). We ask that you allow a couple more days for your item(s) to ship.

We recommend that if you don't see any tracking updates/activity by tomorrow, to please write into support@woot.com and let them know.

kitmaira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kitmaira

I bought the Vivitek D837. I finally received it Friday. I was concerned because the tracking number was unavailable for the entire time I waited, until it actually arrived at my door. The unit has all the features I wanted, except it must be tilted down to an extreme angle to get it to project on a wall properly. I want to use it for home theater, placed behind the seating area, I had to build a special downward facing shelf to get it to align with the wall. Otherwise it projects on my ceiling. I have contacted the manufacturer, waiting for reply.

longhorn76112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longhorn76112

I purchased a Vivitek D837-R and It just came in. My first woot purchase! The package was missing the lens cap and carry case. What am I suppose to do? Return the entire package to woot/vivitek or will they replace what's missing? Lens was dirty, is there a way to clean it before I try to hook it up to a source?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

longhorn76112 wrote:I purchased a Vivitek D837-R and It just came in. My first woot purchase! The package was missing the lens cap and carry case. What am I suppose to do? Return the entire package to woot/vivitek or will they replace what's missing? Lens was dirty, is there a way to clean it before I try to hook it up to a source?

Sorry for the problems.

This comes with a 90-day Vivitek warranty. They may very well have the missing items to send you where we don't carry the parts. They can also advise you on cleaning the lens.

If you have any trouble along the way, feel free to email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service. And let them know what you've tried.

UPDATE
We've heard back from the vendor. They provided a special 6 month warranty for Woot customers. The paper work you saw was for people that buy it elsewhere. We're that good.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

simplyyoyao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simplyyoyao

Why does the warranty in the box says 90 days and the woot website says 180 days? Anyone know which is the correct one?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

simplyyoyao wrote:Why does the warranty in the box says 90 days and the woot website says 180 days? Anyone know which is the correct one?

Sorry for the confusion. Please email support@woot.com for so they can figure things out. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

I've already alerted them to the situation.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items