deedainseattle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deedainseattle

Yeah...mine was supposedly my "xmas" present from my husband...HA! I have to stare at him before he ungratefully hands it over, finally!

Thanks for the info, tho. I do worry I'm going to drop the HDX, I wish it weren't so slippery-feeling!

"... drums fingers and tries SO VERY HARD not to buy a second HDX since his wife stole his.[/quote]"

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

mlatsyrc wrote:Sorry, I am confused. I have a Kindle Fire HD 7 inch. I don't know if I have a 1st gen or 2nd gen. I bought it May 2013. How can I tell? I want the Green case. It looks like the 'holes' are all in the right places. Are the Green cases 1st gen or 2nd gen cases?
thanks!!

You can identify your specific Kindle model here. As far as I know, the dimensions didn't change between the 1st and 2nd Gen Kindle Fire HD 7" devices.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

mlatsyrc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlatsyrc
manhandsha wrote:You can identify your specific Kindle model here. As far as I know, the dimensions didn't change between the 1st and 2nd Gen Kindle Fire HD 7" devices.

Thanks for the link! Looks like 1st gen is 7.6"x5.4". 2nd gen is 7.5"x5.0". So there is a size difference. Also looks like the 2nd gen doesn't have a camera. Since these cases have holes for the camera they must be 1st gen cases. I definitely have a 1st gen.
thanks!
I already have this OtterBox case in black and my Kindle is completely protected. It is a bit bulky but I like it because I don't feel like I'm going to drop it and I feel it is easier to hold. The case went on the Kindle as soon as I got it. These things will invariably fall 'butter side down' if dropped and since my kids also play with it I wanted it to be safe (I am also a 'dropper'). Liquid has spilled on it and it has been dropped on carpet and flooring and my Kindle didn't suffer any damage. The screen protector has gotten a little bit scuffed up but not enough to bother me. I just want the green one because I love green!

rachelle33

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rachelle33
manhandsha wrote:The Defender -Kindle Fire 7" Black (77-18690) is the only one that would fit your device, as the others are built for the slightly different 7" HD models. Hope that helps.

I didn't see that the black one was different than the pink, blue and green ones for the 7" Fire HD and it wasn't mentioned in the description. I ordered a Fire HD case in black and also a papaya one. ...along with the black 8.9" one that will fit my other bigger 8.9" Fire HD (3 cases total). I need to cancel the whole order and reorder the 8.9" black with a 7" in papaya and apple green OR swap the black 7" HD case I ordered for a 7" apple green one. What do I do to end up with pink and green in 7" and black in 8.9" that fit my tablets? I can't send a message to customer service because they won't reply til the sale is over on Monday and the green might be gone. HELP!!

rachelle33

manhandsha wrote:You can identify your specific Kindle model here. As far as I know, the dimensions didn't change between the 1st and 2nd Gen Kindle Fire HD 7" devices.

That link should've been included in the description along with the alert that the 7" Fire HD black case was for a different generation Fire HD than the 7" pink, green and blue Fire HD ones.

manhandsha

Staff

rachelle33 wrote:I didn't see that the black one was different than the pink, blue and green ones for the 7" Fire HD and it wasn't mentioned in the description. I ordered a Fire HD case in black and also a papaya one. ...along with the black 8.9" one that will fit my other bigger 8.9" Fire HD (3 cases total). I need to cancel the whole order and reorder the 8.9" black with a 7" in papaya and apple green OR swap the black 7" HD case I ordered for a 7" apple green one. What do I do to end up with pink and green in 7" and black in 8.9" that fit my tablets? I can't send a message to customer service because they won't reply til the sale is over on Monday and the green might be gone. HELP!!

You have 15 minutes to self-cancel from the order. If you're past 15 minutes, email support@woot.com with your order info and they can help you with your next steps.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

rachelle33

manhandsha wrote:You have 15 minutes to self-cancel from the order. If you're past 15 minutes, email support@woot.com with your order info and they can help you with your next steps.

They will not help me with my next steps today because they won't answer til Monday. I ordered them last night. I need the black Fire HD 7" cancelled so I can get the correct model 7" Fire HD green one. I can't order the green one until the black is cancelled as there is a limit of 3.

manhandsha

Staff

rachelle33 wrote:They will not help me with my next steps today because they won't answer til Monday. I ordered them last night. I need the black Fire HD 7" cancelled so I can get the correct model 7" Fire HD green one. I can't order the green one until the black is cancelled as there is a limit of 3.

I'm really sorry, I wish there was more I could do. :/ You could see if a friend or family member would be willing to order for you, though. Hope that helps, at least a little.

rachelle33

manhandsha wrote:I'm really sorry, I wish there was more I could do. :/ You could see if a friend or family member would be willing to order for you, though. Hope that helps, at least a little.

If they order the green one for me then I'm out another $5 shipping due to the unclear description that there are 2 different 7" Fire HD covers.

This is the one bad thing about Woot. No way to resolve problems the same day while the auctions are open on weekends.