zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]

Asus VivoTab RT 32GB Tegra 3 Tablet
Price: $239.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Thursday, Apr 10 to Tuesday, Apr 15) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
3/17/2014 - $249.99 (Woot-off) - 6 comment(s)
10/5/2013 - $279.99 - 74 comment(s)
8/14/2013 - $299.99 - 25 comment(s)

1/20/2014 - $279.99 (Woot Plus)
12/10/2013 - $279.99 (Woot Plus)
11/21/2013 - $279.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 3008 Private Messages lichme

Here are some reviews from Newegg

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3645 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page and solid reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) over at tigerdirect.com

mccrevice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mccrevice

Even at $45 cheaper, its still Windows RT, and therefore entirely overpriced.

spdmsw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spdmsw
mccrevice wrote:Even at $45 cheaper, its still Windows RT, and therefore entirely overpriced.

Agreed!!! when i got my TF 300 from Woot i had send it back to Asus in Jamaica the day i got it becuase it had issues. I felt like it wasn't actually refurbed until i bought it.

tmat3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmat3

Save your money and get an ASUS Transformer (T100T) for $299.99 when on sale at Best Buy (or anywhere less). http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_Transformer_Book_T100/

For a cheap tablet/netbook it is a steal. Has a quad core Intel Haswell processor with 2 GB RAM w/dedicated graphic processor. Also runs full windows, including 8.1 and comes free with full version office and excel

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mccrevice wrote:Even at $45 cheaper, its still Windows RT, and therefore entirely overpriced.

Please be aware that the NewEgg sale being compared is a "Refurbished" condition and is not "New".

UPDATE: See post below for more information.

IanIrvin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IanIrvin
ROGETRAY wrote:Please be aware that the NewEgg sale being compared is a "Refurbished" condition and is not "New".

You are incorrect. Please scroll down past the refurbished items to see the new item. It is the exact same model for $45 less. And yes, it is new and in stock.

I would link you to it but I don't think that that is allowed.

debmay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debmay

3 times in the first 6 bullet points they tout the not included dock.

"This gorgeous 3 bedroom, 2 Bathroom 4000 Square foot house with swimming pool and tennis courts can be painted with with this Paintbrush. House Not included"

jvspencer

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jvspencer

How does todays woot compare to this at TD? for $40 more and a keyboard and no sales tax?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

IanIrvin wrote:You are incorrect. Please scroll down past the refurbished items to see the new item. It is the exact same model for $45 less. And yes, it is new and in stock.

I would link you to it but I don't think that that is allowed.

It is our belief that the product shown on NewEgg is Refurbished.

First, it is being sold by Secondipity, not NewEgg:

Second, if you go to the Secondipity site, you will see the same item is listed as refurbished:

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

debmay wrote:3 times in the first 6 bullet points they tout the not included dock.

"This gorgeous 3 bedroom, 2 Bathroom 4000 Square foot house with swimming pool and tennis courts can be painted with with this Paintbrush. House Not included"

Sometimes we do sell it with the dock. We wanted to make it very, very, very clear that it's not included this time.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

njt50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njt50

Bought one of these earlier. Worthless junk if you ask me. Performed ok for a little while. Then motherboard went bad. Asus repair is a joke. Little or no communication and can't answer any questions about what they did or why a replacement unit had less memory than the original (GB reduction). Mine was a refurb and went out of warrantee in 3 months. after 5 months it broke and cost 185.00 to repair. BEWARE

rasputinaxp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rasputinaxp

I have a Surface RT, first-generation, first day available. I'll say this: it's very much a tablet. The keyboard may help, but the absolute dearth of Windows RT apps is a real nail in the coffin for me.

In addition to the RT, I have a Nexus 7, a Shield, a couple of Kindle Fires, and some no-name Chinese tablets I picked up for my kids. Based solely on application availability, even the $80 Chinese tablets were better than Windows RT.

Also the display ratio feels very narrow compared to other tablets. Not a lot of vertical space in landscape, and lots of line wrapping in portrait.

luiguzman78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luiguzman78

I really want a windows tablet, can you install regular window programs on it?

mr88talent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mr88talent
luiguzman78 wrote:I really want a windows tablet, can you install regular window programs on it?

Windows RT tablets use an Arm processor, not an X86 processor. With Windows RT, you can install apps directly from the Windows Store, but you can't install desktop apps that you used with previous versions of Windows.

liveasyouwill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liveasyouwill

If you plan on using CHROMECAST or ANY of same APPs you use on a Droid or iPhone, DONT GET any tablet with Microsoft RT-Operating system!!!

Microsoft really tries to corral people into their EXPENSIVE pretend Droid or iPhone apps. I felt like a fool for buying RT and thinking I could use same functions as ANY DROID....NOPE.

I tried an RT OS for a week. Not a single thing from media player to IpCam software to just jack for good FREE APPS

NO CHROMECAST ON THIS DEVICE EITHER!!!

rasputinaxp

mr88talent wrote:Windows RT tablets use an Arm processor, not an X86 processor. With Windows RT, you can install apps directly from the Windows Store, but you can't install desktop apps that you used with previous versions of Windows.

Not only that, but even if someone has compiled an ARM-compatible version of their application, if it's not in the Windows Store, you can't install it unless you jailbreak the device.

Which I had to do to install PuTTY.

risingfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages risingfish

Nm, comment was the as mentioned above.

shifuimam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shifuimam
tmat3 wrote:Save your money and get an ASUS Transformer (T100T) for $299.99 when on sale at Best Buy (or anywhere less). http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_Transformer_Book_T100/

For a cheap tablet/netbook it is a steal. Has a quad core Intel Haswell processor with 2 GB RAM w/dedicated graphic processor. Also runs full windows, including 8.1 and comes free with full version office and excel

I'm not sure if you actually read the specs on the T100T. It's an Intel BayTrail Atom-based device with Intel HD graphics. It does NOT have a discrete GPU. The BayTrail CPU is adequate for tablet use and basic tasks (Microsoft Office, web browsing), but you'll definitely see performance issues if you try to use it like a Core i-based laptop (like lots of multitasking or lots of open browser tabs).

That's not to say that the T100T isn't a great device for the price.

Another thing worth pointing out regarding getting an x86/x64 tablet versus an ARM tablet - battery life is going to be significantly better with an ARM tablet. Just something to consider.

rasputinaxp wrote:I have a Surface RT, first-generation, first day available. I'll say this: it's very much a tablet. The keyboard may help, but the absolute dearth of Windows RT apps is a real nail in the coffin for me.

The app thing has been a complaint since RT first came out. There has been a boom in Windows 8 apps since the release of 8.1 in November, and the brand-new launch of a unified SDK for app development across the Windows platform (Windows and Windows Phone) makes it much more likely that we'll see a big jump in the number of available apps in the Windows 8 app store. I have a bunch of Windows 8 devices, and I almost exclusively use Windows 8 apps on my ASUS VivoTab Note 8. I have yet to come up empty-handed when searching for apps to do what I want to do.

Additionally, since every new computer today comes with Windows 8, more and more people are going to use Windows 8, and as the user base increases the app library will increase. Keep in mind that there was the same limited app selection before Android was hugely popular, and now there are more apps for Android than iOS in many cases.

rasputinaxp wrote:Which I had to do to install PuTTY.

There's an app for that.

---------

Disclosure: I work for Microsoft, which is why I have dealt so much with Windows 8 and common customer complaints/concerns regarding Windows 8. It's really not as bad as tech pundits would like you to believe. I started using Windows 8 before I became a Microsoft employee, so my positive viewpoint of the OS isn't just because I work for the company.

rasputinaxp

shifuimam wrote:There's an app for that.

Now. There wasn't for the first few months. And I still can't figure out how to get a USB serial adapter working on it.

shifuimam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shifuimam
rasputinaxp wrote:Now. There wasn't for the first few months. And I still can't figure out how to get a USB serial adapter working on it.

A lot of USB devices other than mass storage devices and phones aren't going to work because there are no drivers for them. The Surface RT isn't designed to be a complete replacement for what a regular computer is capable of doing, but it does meet the needs of your average consumer who just wants access to social networking sites and Office.

Also, FWIW, I think it's a little unfair to judge the OS based on what apps were available right after the initial launch. In that case, no device had a good app store at launch, because it was.........just launched.

Just sayin'.

Also, RT comes with Remote Desktop, and there's a touch-friendly RDP app from Microsoft in the app store, so if there's stuff you need a real computer to do, the Surface and other RT-based tablets make excellent thin clients when used with a keyboard and mouse - and you get 100% support for the remote desktop protocol, including sharing local resources with the remote host.