zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Choose Your Samsung 1080p LED Smart TV
Price: $269.99 - 1049.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Apr 14 to Thursday, Apr 17) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 3120 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3801 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) on the UN32EH5300 over at walmart.com and check out the product page

texanfromin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages texanfromin

Are the TVs sold on Woot and Woot Plus handled differently? Namely, do normal Woot sales ship from vendors or directly from the Woot Warehouse?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

texanfromin wrote:Are the TVs sold on Woot and Woot Plus handled differently? Namely, do normal Woot sales ship from vendors or directly from the Woot Warehouse?

It really depends on the offer and a myriad of other factors.
Some vendors like to offload products to Woot and some provide shipping themselves.

loisd101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loisd101

Bought the 40" from Costco for $100 more. Great TV the only problem experienced was with the WiFi. Spent 1.5 hour on the phone w/ Samsung to get it resolved. Once the remote tech accessed the TV discovered the TV didnt have the latest downloads necessary to use that feature. This seems to be a common problem as a friend encountered the same issue. Once that was resolved works like a charm.

faughtey

quality posts: 20 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

I have the 32-inch Samsung and it's great! Bought it in 2012, and have not had any problems at all. Well, except I have not tried all the features, but I'm sure they work!

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

There's a sweet tie- in w/ a Plus Deal on
Samsung Home Theater Upgrades. Some nice deals there on blu-ray players, sound bars, and speaker systems. Since they are made by Samsung, I would think they work in an integrated fashion with their TVs.

seekerktf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages seekerktf

These Samsung TV's have one of the best apps library for any "smart" TV. They have all the regulars, and yes, that do have an Amazon app, but Samsung even has a native Plex app among others.

http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/browse?deviceOn=UN32EH5300FXZA is the link for the 32" TV. I expect they're the same (or better) for the larger ones.

For my home theater in the living room, I have all kinds of boxes attached, but these smart TV's are a really nice option, and they're exceptional for bedrooms/guest rooms/kitchens and anywhere else where you have limited space but want the stand-alone functionality.

mitchwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchwooter

No QAM Tuner makes it worthless for me.

mcogan1966

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mcogan1966

Great timing, I just bought the current model of the 60". But I have to say I love this TV. The features are fantastic, it works well with my DirecTV receiver, and the picture just amazing. Given how much less expensive this Woot! model is, if you've been thinking about one, this is a good choice.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning Wooters! I want to make sure you see this note at the bottom of the features. TVs that are 50" or larger ship via freight so make sure your phone number is correct in your account settings.

A phone number and physical address are required for sizes 50" and up to schedule a delivery appointment with the freight carrier.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Tatts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tatts

I bought one last December (new, not from Woot). Picture is great.

I really wish it had a VGA connector for hooking up an older computer. That's a major feature to be missing, because the apps are atrocious and the browser is horrid. There are lots of apps, but most are kids games and foreign language video feeds--oh, and How to Tie a Tie and How to Wear a Scarf (parts one and two, I am not kidding). Many of the apps are embarrassingly amateurish.

The Samsung OS is very badly behaved (updating at all sorts of times and popping up little messages even when you are just watching TV--very unpolished). And there's still no security software for Smart TVs; connect them to your home network and it's an open door for viruses and malware.

Look at the photo here on Woot; see the very center large icon for Family Story? They dropped the service last October, so now there's a dead dedicated key on the remote.

The TV has a very good picture. Even the 32" is full 1080 resolution. But this has really soured me on the Smart TV concept. You're much better off recycling an older computer if it has HDMI output.

brentphx

quality posts: 6 Private Messages brentphx
Tatts wrote:But this has really soured me on the Smart TV concept. You're much better off recycling an older computer if it has HDMI output.

I was researching the 40" model on Amazon, the 5300 is the ~3 year old model with slower wifi reported by many reviews and only a single core. The UN40F6300 is the 2013 model with dual core. Just be aware you're buying a significantly older TV...

sandbarheel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandbarheel

I have owned one of these for 2 years now and the picture quality with Directv is amazing. I don't use the apps. I own 3 Samsungs of different ages and will not buy any other brand.

Canis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Canis

What, no 4K refurbs yet, Woot? Come on, I'm sure you guys can find some for us ;)

jcrumbliss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcrumbliss

Anyone know the refresh? Not the clear motion.

adr5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages adr5
sandbarheel wrote:I have owned one of these for 2 years now and the picture quality with Directv is amazing. I don't use the apps. I own 3 Samsungs of different ages and will not buy any other brand.

I had a great 52" Samsung. Great picture and features until it got the dreaded click of death. Samsung cheaped out on a 10 cent capaciters. They denied knowledge of the problem, though it was all over the internet. They were forced to do a recall, but all of us who fixed it on our own before the recall were just screwed over. So now I NEVER buy Samsung.

angelahanson08

quality posts: 1 Private Messages angelahanson08

Has anyone successfully loaded Amazon Instant Video? I looked through their compatible devices and it appears this could be one of them but I'd like to be sure (especially since my DD's favorite show is only on Amazon).

wolfenstein87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfenstein87
jcrumbliss wrote:Anyone know the refresh? Not the clear motion.

50+ is 120Hz, everything else is 60Hz.

iconofsin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iconofsin

I just pulled the trigger on the 46inch. My cousins have the 60 and the app features are really nice. Plus we have Samsung smart phones so the All Share should come in handy.

Plus it's an upgrade of 4 inchs and LCD to LED over our current TV which can be utilized in another room now.

jcrumbliss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcrumbliss
wolfenstein87 wrote:50+ is 120Hz, everything else is 60Hz.

Thanks!

mnunez611

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnunez611

Is this really that great of a deal? Best Buy has this 40-inch TV on-sale for $438.00 brand new.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/40-class-40-diag--led-1080p-60hz-smart-hdtv/5578649.p?id=1218666525649&skuId=5578649&st=categoryid$abcat0101001&cp=1&lp=4

This is $58.00 less here at Woot but it's refurbished and will probably take 2 weeks to arrive, vs. in-store pickup at BB or FREE 7 day shipping.

Couldn't find the Woot shipping fee, but Woot rarely offers free shipping so that would negate the tax-free advantage (if any).

$58 is nothing to sneeze at but remember this is a TV that HAD A PROBLEM and was fixed. Could be a lemon. Am I wrong (for the 40-inch at least)?

dbgrant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbgrant
mitchwooter wrote:No QAM Tuner makes it worthless for me.

It's an older TV bro, you might as well complain that a dvd player doesn't play blue-ray. It's a smart TV you are supposed to watch netflix and apps on it not basic cable.

rockjock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockjock
mnunez611 wrote:
Couldn't find the Woot shipping fee, but Woot rarely offers free shipping so that would negate the tax-free advantage (if any).

You're new here, aren't you. Woot ships everything for $5 flat.

hobiecatter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hobiecatter

I want to get a new TV and I'm looking at the 55", but find it against my own personal rules to buy one online without seeing it first. When I go to the big box stores I can always get a good idea of the ones I like and don't like by looking at the picture etc.

My concern is more that if I buy this and I'm not crazy about the picture, what will it cost for me to return it? Always seemed risky to buy a TV online to me for this reason.

webstj333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webstj333

I have chromecast($30) setup on my smart tv so i can play anything wirelessly. The only TV app i use is Pandora. Most apps are worthless and anoying to navigate on the TV directly. Buy the tv for the tv, not the apps

Joey WootBag

iconofsin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iconofsin
mnunez611 wrote:

Woot's shipping is generally 5 dollars on pretty much anything they sell... including this TV.

simpleonin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simpleonin

I would just like to ask if this is a third party refurb?

Thanks !

monstereatbaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monstereatbaby
simpleonin wrote:I would just like to ask if this is a third party refurb?

Thanks !

I am curious about this as well. Is this refurb akin to a factory recondition, fixed to original specs and performance by Samsung, or by someone else? Thanks as well!

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 132 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

monstereatbaby wrote:I am curious about this as well. Is this refurb akin to a factory recondition, fixed to original specs and performance by Samsung, or by someone else? Thanks as well!

This one is done by someone else (which is why it's warrantied through us), it should be to the same standards as Samsung would. If it's something you're concerned about, SquareTrade is a fabulous extended warranty company- there's more info in the detail page about how much that would cost, etc.

rockmo69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockmo69

Overall it sounds like users are happy with this TV. Any other negatives users have experienced?

DanceInNYC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanceInNYC

Does delivery include "white glove service" - i.e., open box, place on table, plug in and turn on set, remove shipping material? I'm thinking about the 60" and am old & single.

-05:00,1

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

DanceInNYC wrote:Does delivery include "white glove service" - i.e., open box, place on table, plug in and turn on set, remove shipping material? I'm thinking about the 60" and am old & single.

I'm sorry, it does not. It's usually to the first point of cover - porch, garage, etc.

When they call to schedule an appointment, you might talk to them to see if you can work out something with the freight company. I can't promise anything though.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

laconic

quality posts: 5 Private Messages laconic
DanceInNYC wrote:Does delivery include "white glove service" - i.e., open box, place on table, plug in and turn on set, remove shipping material? I'm thinking about the 60" and am old & single.

It's likely doorstep or garage delivery. For 50" and above it will ship via a freight company.

Freight companies usually won't enter a home (unless you get a nice driver, who will help you get it just inside your door). At least from multiple past experiences.

hekilio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hekilio
adr5 wrote:I had a great 52" Samsung. Great picture and features until it got the dreaded click of death. Samsung cheaped out on a 10 cent capaciters. They denied knowledge of the problem, though it was all over the internet. They were forced to do a recall, but all of us who fixed it on our own before the recall were just screwed over. So now I NEVER buy Samsung.

I loved my Samsung TV until my capaciters died. Spent a couple of hours on live chat support with Samsung only to find out that they no longer repaired those TVs, and in fact, they told me that the model that I had did not have the capaciter problem. Ended up having to fix the non-existent problem myself. Was a little scary working with a sodering iron for the first time, but it worked in the end. This experience has led me to believe that Samsung does not stand by their products. Buyer beware...

elricsfate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elricsfate
wolfenstein87 wrote:50+ is 120Hz, everything else is 60Hz.

The information provided by the previous poster is NOT correct.

These TV's all have a 60Hz refresh rate with 120hz "Clear Motion". This is primarily a marketing gimmick.

Take a look here

http://www.cnet.com/news/fake-refresh-rates-is-your-tv-really-120hz/

rnjensen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rnjensen
dbgrant wrote:It's an older TV bro, you might as well complain that a dvd player doesn't play blue-ray. It's a smart TV you are supposed to watch netflix and apps on it not basic cable.

That's no excuse. Our first plasma (back in the mid '00s) had a cable card slot which let us watch everything but On-Demand. Why don't any TV's include CC slots anymore? *Conspiracy*

nuggy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nuggy

First let me say that Samsung TV's are the best for price/performance on the market....

2nd....I have no problem buying refurbished....If it lasts 90 days....Service studies say they should last 4 or 5 years....no problem.....(that is why they love selling you those extended warranties)

My issue with these TV's is that the refurbished price should be "somewhat" of a deal....

On Black Friday I purchased the 40 inch version for $397 free shipping with full warranty and a year to pay 0% interest....(LOL....from Amazon)

$379 is hardly a deal....($18 difference)

Taking another 10% off is where they should be priced considering we are at the end of the model year and they are dumping....

I would wait the prices to come down.... These prices are too high.....In my opinion....