WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

UPDATE: Hey, early adopters, you may have noticed some ... um ... issues with our new app when it launched last month. But it's fixed now! (Mostly!) Check it out!

Alexander Graham Bell probably never dreamed that his invention, the telephone, would one day be used by people hunting for sweet deals on refurbished gadgets and Bags of Crap. But those of us here at Woot did! And we turned those dreams into a (virtual) reality! Introducing the new iOS7 Woot app – your one-stop shop for all of your blender/wrench/laptop/projector/wine/T-shirt needs!

This official app is a big move for us, and we could not be more excited. Year after year, more people are turning to their phones to shop. We've made major steps to improve our mobile web experience, and now it's time to take it to the next level with an iOS7 app that puts all of our best deals at your fingertips.

But that's not all. There will also be app-exclusive sales; full pages for each product with details, jokes, and user comments to entertain customers and help them make educated buying decisions; and a smooth-as-milk checkout experience. And remember to stuff that cart – $5 ships it all. 

So, raise your glasses to toast the release of the new Woot iOS app. But be careful. We don't want anyone spilling on their iPhones. Not so good with the liquids, those things. (And if you’ve got an Android phone, stay tuned – we’ll have something for you soon.)

shortman

quality posts: 51 Private Messages shortman

...(And if you’ve got an Android phone, stay tuned – we’ll have something for you soon.)

That's me.

Jertyrael

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jertyrael
shortman wrote:...(And if you’ve got an Android phone, stay tuned – we’ll have something for you soon.)

That's me.

Same. Was just commenting on Woot!'s facebook how they're breaking my heart for releasing only an crapple app.

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

Harukaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Harukaa
Jertyrael wrote:Same. Was just commenting on Woot!'s facebook how they're breaking my heart for releasing only an crapple app.

Indeed. It breaks *my* heart that it is always iDevices first.

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

*looks at Android phone and tablet*
Oh, I'll just wait then.

nearchaos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nearchaos
Harukaa wrote:Indeed. It breaks *my* heart that it is always iDevices first.

Could be worse. You could be stuck with an iPhone. (He says while installing a SIM card in a GS5.)

buggernuts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buggernuts

Woot's just being smart and trying their updates out on the minority of users first. I'm sure given the number of iPhone related products that are on here at times that there's a reason to cater to them more.

Disclamer: Not an iPerson. Just call me Snow White.

sflesch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sflesch

Misery lives company my friends and I too am feeling left out. Why is there no love for android?

Why is it that everytime I click I want one", Woot makes me buy it? Don't they ever just want to know that, "Yes, I want one?" http://www.sflesch.com

gregorylkelly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gregorylkelly

No BlackBerry 10 support, no more Woot for me.

FrostByte

quality posts: 14 Private Messages FrostByte

The app looks gorgeous on my work phone.

I'm excited to get it on my personal Android phone.

I wonder if the mother ship will put it out for Fire as well?!

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

I get that Android is "coming soon" but yeah, don't really get that. Woot sells probably 10 Android devices on here for every 1 Apple/iOS device. I mean, they have a full wash of Samsung products on here now and in just the past week, not to mention over the past year. And I don't need to point out the market share numbers for Android vs. iOS devices, the user base is well documented.

So all I can figure is what someone else already posted...Woot is simply testing out the app on a smaller user base of people (iOS) before they get it completely debugged for the Android launch.

Right? Right.

strawhousepig

quality posts: 60 Private Messages strawhousepig

You are aware they can look at their server logs and see which platform more purchases are made from, right? Which isn't to say they did, but just because they sell a device doesn't mean they get more visits from it.

Also, *BOOYAH* Got me a woot app! Ha-ha!

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1
scapsinger wrote:...
So all I can figure is what someone else already posted...Woot is simply testing out the app on a smaller user base of people (iOS) before they get it completely debugged for the Android launch.

More likely the lead developer is a huge Apple fanboy so they just went with what they know.

mossygreen

quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen

My Nexus 5 and I will add our vaguely discontented sighs to the general disappointment.

hoomgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoomgar
shortman wrote:...(And if you’ve got an Android phone, stay tuned – we’ll have something for you soon.)

That's me.

Windows Phone? You guys forget about us?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 129 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

scapsinger wrote:I get that Android is "coming soon" but yeah, don't really get that. Woot sells probably 10 Android devices on here for every 1 Apple/iOS device. I mean, they have a full wash of Samsung products on here now and in just the past week, not to mention over the past year. And I don't need to point out the market share numbers for Android vs. iOS devices, the user base is well documented.

Right? Right.

I heard we did iOS first because we just have a higher concentration of people visiting our site using iOS anyway. I think we offer more Android things for sale because we're able to offer a better discount on those. Apple seems to keep a closer eye on the market.

hoomgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoomgar

I reported the original post as offensive. :D

dewey32167

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dewey32167
gregorylkelly wrote:No BlackBerry 10 support, no more Woot for me.

Blackberry?! hahahahha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MyG0GPR5-I

schrody

quality posts: 9 Private Messages schrody
WootBot wrote:(And if you’ve got an Android phone, stay tuned – we’ll have something for you soon.)

Soon? I'd've thunk Woot, of all places, wouldn't hop on the "Apple First" bandwagon and instead would be proud to release their new crApp to Android first.

No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!

csunwold

quality posts: 1 Private Messages csunwold

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:More likely the lead developer is a huge Apple fanboy so they just went with what they know.

Nuh uh!

I've been an Android person for quite awhile and currently own a Moto X. The tech team has a mix of iOS and Android devices.

agingdragqueen wrote:I heard we did iOS first because we just have a higher concentration of people visiting our site using iOS anyway. I think we offer more Android things for sale because we're able to offer a better discount on those. Apple seems to keep a closer eye on the market.

@agingdragqueen heard right (probably because she heard it from me).

Developer
Awesome

schrody

quality posts: 9 Private Messages schrody
csunwold wrote:I've been an Android person for quite awhile and currently own a Moto X.

Me too. Moto X is a great device. Blows away any crApple-phone.

No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!

dbgman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbgman
hoomgar wrote:Windows Phone? You guys forget about us?

I second the motion. I buy things from woot but could buy more if they had a windows phone app!

strawhousepig

quality posts: 60 Private Messages strawhousepig

Figures. The guy with the iPhone was right.

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
agingdragqueen wrote:I heard we did iOS first because we just have a higher concentration of people visiting our site using iOS anyway. I think we offer more Android things for sale because we're able to offer a better discount on those. Apple seems to keep a closer eye on the market.

Since the Apple device I use to visit the site can't be updated to iOS7 (another great Woot hallmark, past-generation devices!), I'm out of the loop as well.

phileoca

quality posts: 12 Private Messages phileoca

Smartphone crap
IoS Crapp 7.0
social crapworks

I miss the old woot.

My wife woots too

rcmck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rcmck
Harukaa wrote:Indeed. It breaks *my* heart that it is always iDevices first.

Actually a lot more apps these days have been android first, which is nice to see. I just hope their android app is not just some crappy ios port.

rkammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkammer

Hey, Windows Phone here.

Corant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Corant

Don't feel too left out Android people. I downloaded it onto my iPhone and aside from the thrill of watching three little wheels spinning eternally I'd say you're not missing much.

10. The Earth quakes and the heavens rattle;the beasts of nature flock together and the nations of men flock apart; volcanoes usher up heat while elsewhere water becomes ice and melts; and then on other days it just rains.
11. Indeed do many things come to pass.
HBT; The Book of Predictions, Chap. 19

cascade2k

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cascade2k
rkammer wrote:Hey, Windows Phone here.

My condolences.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

I like this app. I used to have every site with its own icon shortcut on my home screen. Now all I have to do is press the woot app and little pictures of all sales pop up. I LOVE YOU WOOT. (just please remember about my sticker refund that you owe me )

that was fun while it lasted!

mrbarister

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mrbarister

Woot will have to offer Android users an added discount or special android sale to make up for lost time of not receiving exclusive discounts that Apple users get. Windows and BlackBerry users knew the limited market they were getting into when they bought their phones. It's like voting 3rd party in the presidential election. They make good points, but you won't see them in the White House

Jenbird14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jenbird14

Send it to the Droid testers!!!

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

still waiting (impatiently) for the droid version

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Wolfpac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wolfpac
phileoca wrote:Smartphone crap
IoS Crapp 7.0
social crapworks

I miss the old woot.

I do too. I miss BAG OF ████#39;s. WHat happened to the old Woot! Please come back. www.yugster.com has better deals and has gotten more of my $$ lately because they havent gone all crazy.

Wolfpac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wolfpac
cascade2k wrote:My condolences.

LOL Same thought here. Should we send them a real phone?

Mogul345

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mogul345
mc5no4stp wrote:Woot Watcher for android is such a great little app, why does everyone care so much?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.drclabs.android.wootchecker&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dwoot+watcher+app&pcampaignid=APPU_nwdNU5-LC8mgsATH-YGIDw

+1 for this recommendation. Only thing this guy could do to make it better, is put a little more effort into the Woot Plus sections of the app.

Unoriginal26

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Unoriginal26

Believe it or not, I got my first (and only) Box of Crabs with my android phone....I was so Happy!

#idroiddoyou

I've got nothing...

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1
Mogul345 wrote:+1 for this recommendation. Only thing this guy could do to make it better, is put a little more effort into the Woot Plus sections of the app.

I love how I can sort the woot plus items by price, but it seems like it doesn't always pick up new items or refresh when they're sold out. Could be my slow-arsed phone though...

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

Wolfpac wrote:I do too. I miss BAG OF ████#39;s.

We've actually done a whole bunch over the past year, including some for sale on the front page of the site during a Woot-Off. Sorry you weren't looking and missed them!

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.