Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

Pyrex 18-Piece Storage Set Color Lids
Price: $19.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Apr 14 to Tuesday, Apr 15) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

joshbeu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshbeu

We bought other Pyrex like this (all blue lids) a while back, and the only problem I've seen is that the rubber lids crack on the bottom lip - which means the seal isn't as strong. Otherwise, we're big fans!

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew

Where's wine woot gone??

[MOD: Timing error. It's back.]

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

joshbeu wrote:We bought other Pyrex like this (all blue lids) a while back, and the only problem I've seen is that the rubber lids crack on the bottom lip - which means the seal isn't as strong. Otherwise, we're big fans!

Have you contacted Pyrex? I hear they're good about replacements.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Logan5nx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Logan5nx

Anyone know the diameter of these?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

How do I love Pyrex, let me count the ways. Seriously, I LOVE Pyrex!!! They are so versatile, I use them every single day. This set was the very first set I purchased and it is the perfect starter set. I use some of the smaller ones for leftovers and lunches and the bigger ones for chopped fruits and vegetables. If you are unsure about this purchase do it!! You will not forget it!

And look how they nest!

bhaputi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bhaputi

These things rock. I dumped all my plastic miscellaneous containers that I used to pack my lunch in, and just use these. I never put the lids in the dishwasher, and so far they have held up great. One lid warped a little when my wife microwaved something with the lid on, but it still holds the seal. Highly recommended.

jaburg

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jaburg

Here is a comparable set on Amazon. Would have liked to get one or two of the rectangular ones. http://www.amazon.com/World-Kitchen-18-Piece-Storage-Colored/dp/B00C7759UK

Definitely grabbed a set of these from Woot tho!

jaburg

conanthelibrarian wrote:
And look how they nest!

That was what I was counting on.

jaburg

No Colorado buyers yet?

I hear Pyrex is excellent for storing WEED!

[MOD: //facepalm]

bmtphoenix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmtphoenix

This deal doesn't seem Woot-worthy to me. Walmart has a 20-piece for $25, which is slightly cheaper considering shipping from Woot... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pyrex-20-pc-Storage-Plus-Set/20743479

[MOD: No way to compare set sizes. Walmart's description doesn't match photo.]

lichme

quality posts: 2846 Private Messages lichme
conanthelibrarian wrote:How do I love Pyrex, let me count the ways. Seriously, I LOVE Pyrex!!! They are so versatile, I use them every single day. This set was the very first set I purchased and it is the perfect starter set. I use some of the smaller ones for leftovers and lunches and the bigger ones for chopped fruits and vegetables. If you are unsure about this purchase do it!! You will not forget it!

And look how they nest!

Will a large one nest/stack in a large one, or do you have to make 2 stacks of them each with a smaller container inside?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian
lichme wrote:Will a large one nest/stack in a large one, or do you have to make 2 stacks of them each with a smaller container inside?

Two stacks. The large one will not nest with the other large one.

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee

These sets are Wootalicious !
I have 2 from a previous offering. I have had them for over a year and they are like new. I hand wash the lids.

I make a lot of soup and I use the orange lid size to portion and freeze it. Perfect.
The rest are used for everything as I try not to use plastic anymore.

Word of advice: These have sold out every single time they have been offered in the past. If you want them, pull the trigger early.
I'm actually thinking of getting another set or two. One for me one for a gift. I need to remember to take my own advice or I'll be sorry.

speedogirl2

quality posts: 28 Private Messages speedogirl2
conanthelibrarian wrote:How do I love Pyrex, let me count the ways. Seriously, I LOVE Pyrex!!! They are so versatile, I use them every single day. This set was the very first set I purchased and it is the perfect starter set. I use some of the smaller ones for leftovers and lunches and the bigger ones for chopped fruits and vegetables. If you are unsure about this purchase do it!! You will not forget it!

And look how they nest!

Are the lids also nested inside with the dishes? Or do you have them stored separately?

Regularguy2k

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Regularguy2k

Pyrex rocks. Until now I only had individual pieces, not a whole set. Massively useful, don't nuke the lids, I do machine wash (top rack) the lids with no problem. If transporting very liquid-y contents throw a saran wrap "gasket" between dish & lid. Makes a great practical wedding gift, buy an extra one for when you'll need a gift.

Regularguy2k

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Regularguy2k

The map looks like Washington is "ablaze."

jaburg wrote:No Colorado buyers yet?

I hear Pyrex is excellent for storing WEED!

[MOD: //facepalm]

yawlppsu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yawlppsu

I bought 2 of these over a year ago based on comments at that time. They are AWESOME! I was able to get ride of all but my most favorite other containers (we aretalking 2 cabinets fullof junk plastic). One of my big bowls broke the very first time I had it in the dishwasher but Pyrex replaced it when I emailed the help info in the box. Nothing to note since then. I wash the lids in the top shelf of the dishwasher and they are fine-no cracks, etc. One of tha largest lids warped but it was after hubby left the thing in the microwave too long. It still seals, it just isn't as flat for stacking in the fridge now. I highly recommend them and may get a couple more of them.

Rachel0982

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rachel0982

I love these! We don't nest, because I hate having to unstack things to get to the size that I want, but they still fit in the designated storage/tupperware cabinet beautifully. I did have one of the smaller lids crack slightly, but the seal still seems to be fine. I'm sure if I contacted Pyrex they would take care of it.

These seem to sell out every time they're up, so if you're on the fence you should go ahead and get them. I'm considering buying another set!

djhaacc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djhaacc

This happened to us, also. We called customer support and they shipped us a replacement lid right away. I asked if we were misusing them somehow, and the rep said no, but she recommended hand-washing the lids.

Kudos to customer support--no questions asked, knew exactly what the problem was, and remedied it right away.

joshbeu wrote:We bought other Pyrex like this (all blue lids) a while back, and the only problem I've seen is that the rubber lids crack on the bottom lip - which means the seal isn't as strong. Otherwise, we're big fans!

totifruiti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages totifruiti

I counted 9 pieces with this set! What gives Woot?

stolenole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stolenole
totifruiti wrote:I counted 9 pieces with this set! What gives Woot?

There are 9 lids and 9 bowls for 18 pieces total.

dd564

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dd564

I just had a dream last night that my wife was leaving me after 12 years of marriage because she caught me flirting. Finding these pyrex containers on sale on woot might be just what I need to win her back. Me paired with 9 pyrex bowls is likely irresistible and it will save our marriage.

laconic

quality posts: 5 Private Messages laconic

I picked up the 14 piece set from Walmart. I liked them so much, I bought a second set.

I do recommend, if you are going to put them in the dishwasher, use the top shelf and don't use the heated dry.

dd564

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dd564
bmtphoenix wrote:This deal doesn't seem Woot-worthy to me. Walmart has a 20-piece for $25, which is slightly cheaper considering shipping from Woot... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pyrex-20-pc-Storage-Plus-Set/20743479

[MOD: No way to compare set sizes. Walmart's description doesn't match photo.]

Yikes. Good point. But woot will get these delivered to your door step vs going to Walmart.

primadogga

quality posts: 2 Private Messages primadogga

I've been using these for years. You CAN nuke things with the lids on (to prevent splatter and speed heating), but you have to have the lids off center (just enough that the edge of the lid sits on the edge of the glass on one side) so they don't re-form a seal and get sucked down and stretched as the air inside your hot soup container contracts if you don't eat your hot food promptly.

Thanks for the tip on replacement lids, as I had one small one crack and one get stretched...

machelleh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages machelleh
dd564 wrote:Yikes. Good point. But woot will get these delivered to your door step vs going to Walmart.

They are also on Walmart.com with free shipping over $50

sensenigk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sensenigk

I'm surprised to read folks saying that they get a seal with the lids. I've got an all-blue-lid set, and they have never truly sealed. If you put water in them and turn them sideways, they leak. Not a ton, but they're not water tight. If you put soup in one and leave it in the fridge, it'll evaporate a bit while it sits in the fridge. If you store chopped onions in one, the fridge will still smell like onions.

Someone used the word "rubber" earlier to refer to the lids. They're not rubber, they're plastic. And fairly rigid plastic. So they don't stretch to seal. They're just held on with friction, and can be easy to mistakenly open if, for example, you pick one up by making a claw of your hand and grabbing it from the top. Or if you pick up something next to it in the fridge, and catch it on the lid. Lock-and-Lock or Weck, these are not.

None of this is a deal breaker. Glass containers instead of plastic--especially at this price--is reason enough to buy them. And they're modern and attractive enough to serve out of on the table. But don't get them thinking you can fill them with chili and pop them in your backpack.

timtip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timtip

They are good if you don't receive them all bashed up!

jeffiekins

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jeffiekins

Warning Will Robinson:

Just so you're clear, this is not your mother's Pyrex. Years ago, they switched from borosilicate glass to the soda class they use now. Soda glass is heavier and less likely to scratch or break, but you can damage it by rapid heat changes (unlike borosilicate).

For example, you cannot put hot Pyrex on anything wet or damp, or on anything metal, without a real chance it will crack (sometimes spectacularly).

If you're aware of this, and don't treat it like your mother's Pyrex, you'll love it for a long time.

[Yes, I know Robot actually said "Danger," but this is really only a warning.]

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

jsw777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsw777
dd564 wrote:Yikes. Good point. But woot will get these delivered to your door step vs going to Walmart.

Walmart does ship free if you spend $50 or more.

laconic

quality posts: 5 Private Messages laconic
sensenigk wrote:I'm surprised to read folks saying that they get a seal with the lids. I've got an all-blue-lid set, and they have never truly sealed...

Are they air-tight/leakproof? No. But they do seal well enough for everything I see me using them for (chili, soup, leftovers). Of course, as you state, don't try picking them up from above, and don't turn them upside-down. Which means don't let them roll around the floor of your car on the way to work.

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee
laconic wrote:Are they air-tight/leakproof? No. But they do seal well enough for everything I see me using them for (chili, soup, leftovers). Of course, as you state, don't try picking them up from above, and don't turn them upside-down. Which means don't let them roll around the floor of your car on the way to work.

Some of my lids are are tight enough that I have to "burp" them. Others not so much.
If I need a tight seal on one that doesn't burp I add a sheet of waxed paper to the top. That does the trick and keeps things from spilling or air from getting in and mucking up my homemade granola.

terrya64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrya64

I have 2 sets of thee and love them, just make sure never to put the lids in the microwave, they warp. The bowls are microwave safe but not the lids.

j647

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j647
Logan5nx wrote:Anyone know the diameter of these?

twice the radius?

mrswallace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrswallace

HELL to the yeah! I bought 3 last time and stupidly gifted 2 sets.....glad to have another round on the way. And they are all mine....Mine...M I N E ....!!!!!

pigdog666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pigdog666

I just received mine in the mail today. I ordered 2 set and the first on I ordered was chipped on 2 of the bowls. It looks like the large bowl and the medium orange lid bowl were banging against each other and chipped at parts. Has anyone else's had this issue? The second order I received was undamaged.

bigruckus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigruckus
pigdog666 wrote:I just received mine in the mail today. I ordered 2 set and the first on I ordered was chipped on 2 of the bowls. It looks like the large bowl and the medium orange lid bowl were banging against each other and chipped at parts. Has anyone else's had this issue? The second order I received was undamaged.

Got mine today it was doubled boxed..everything looked great.no chips or issues....wish I bought several more...these are REALLY nice heavy clear glass bowls and have nice tight snap on lids...what more could a man asked for...my wife will love them...

Bigruckus