zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Dyson DC35 Multi Floor Vacuum - 3 Colors
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $19 One-Day OR $15 Two-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Apr 21 to Tuesday, Apr 22) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 30 Private Messages skispeakeasy

My wife bought this vacuum off woot a few months ago. Here are my impressions so far:

The good:
-Battery life is far better than expected. The trigger was a great idea for making it go the distance.
- It can reach underneath beds and around corners better than any vacuum I have owned.
- Vacuuming the car is no longer a hassle.
- the power is pretty decent for a hand held
- the wall mount keeps my closet tidy.

The Bad:
- Small bits of paper clog the vacuum head frequently, causing it to lose suction without warning.
- Any hair sucked up causes the dirt to get stuck in the canister, forcing you to go in with your hands to knock it loose.
- Connecting and disconnecting extension parts is a little bit cumbersome.

The Ugly:
- my cat is terrified of the head of the vacuum for some odd reason, even when it's off...

Done and done! ;)

mistercorea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistercorea

http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-DC34-Hand-held-Vacuum/dp/B006WS39NE

wait what amazon is cheaper?
come on woot you guys can do better.

[MOD EDIT: Amazon URL is for Dyson DC34, not Woot's DC35]

pupyluvr

quality posts: 49 Private Messages pupyluvr

Wow, check out the new Tiger Woods Putter made by Dyson... It Sucks!

KevOKC

quality posts: 5 Private Messages KevOKC

Dyson has so many refurbs for such a costly vacuum. makes me wonder if they are worth getting. People who have one let me know if they are. My self propelled Hoover still works great just want to know if I am missing something.My hoover even has a red (dirty) green (clean) light to let me know if its clean. I thought about the Dyson ball vac but I am not sure if it is too heavy and tiring. It looks like they are easy to use though.

flowerchild59

quality posts: 23 Private Messages flowerchild59

I own this dyson. I purchased it new for 260.00. I would buy it again for that price or cheaper if I could find it. 15 to 20 mins of run time is plenty of time for me to buzz around the hard floors in my house or use it in my car or whatever. The longer extension can be removed and used as a short hand held on the stairs or car. I love the fact that I don't have a cord.

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

groberts1980

quality posts: 6 Private Messages groberts1980

I have one of these and it's amazing. If you have wood or tile flooring and dogs that shed, this thing is a life saver. It would also work with very low carpet, like industrial carpet. Not meant for regular or high carpet. It does require maintenance though. Every now and then I take the roller out of the floor piece and cut away hair that has wrapped around it. Not often though. Overall this was worth every penny.

W1tch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages W1tch

How would this work to vacuum stairs? They have carpet and are usually covered with cat hair. I'm tired or dragging the regular vacuum to get them clean.

vada9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vada9

Does anyone know if this the Mark 1 or the Mark 2 revision?

lkief001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lkief001
W1tch wrote:How would this work to vacuum stairs? They have carpet and are usually covered with cat hair. I'm tired or dragging the regular vacuum to get them clean.

I second this question!

bigphat66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigphat66

Does anyone know the height of the base? I would want to use this to vacuum under my couches and want it to fit. This whole couch moving the couches thing to vacuum under them is getting old.

HippieGal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HippieGal

THANK YOU WOOT for finally throwing this up! Been waiting for weeks! <3

Hippie Gal

wesayso

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wesayso

We bought one on a previous Woot. It has better suction than ANY cordless unit I've ever used. Does a very good job, and the battery lasts a reasonable length of time, even when using the powered attachment. We use it for quick cleanups between regular cleanings, and in the cars. Overall, we're very happy with it.

HaveAWootDay

quality posts: 5 Private Messages HaveAWootDay
skispeakeasy wrote:[clip]
- Connecting and disconnecting extension parts is a little bit cumbersome.[clip]

I agree with this review mostly except for this. I mounted the unit in the holder thingy, and you walk up, pick the attachment you want, then pull it off the mount and go. easy peasy

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

HippieGal wrote:THANK YOU WOOT for finally throwing this up! Been waiting for weeks! <3

I'll pass this on to the buyer. And you're welcome.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jantonev

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jantonev

Bought one over a year ago and love it. Great on hardwoods. Take of the extension, and it is perfect for stairs.

Jimo

niftyfifty

quality posts: 13 Private Messages niftyfifty

*slaps forehead* I just bought one last month for $299! I wish I'd waited, but who knew? Love it, though. Light and really sucks up a storm

gwpriester

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gwpriester

Does it make sense to but the heaviest part of the vacuum at the very top? Maybe, if you are trying to increase your upper arm strength.

As with most Dyson vacuum designs, form triumphs over function, and this is just another example of design for the sake of design with no thought given to the user of the product.

drew4erd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drew4erd

When you are using it on tile can you stop the brush head from spinning?

Drew

hdmatrix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hdmatrix

What's the difference between this and the DC44 Woot had for sale 2 weeks ago?

tibird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tibird

Does anyone know what the difference is between the 3 colors? I know with the ball, the purple is for pets, but I can't find anything like that for this model...
Thanks!

motocsc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages motocsc

I believe Dyson must own woot! or woot! is the major of Dyson products in the US. Or woot! has a policy of at least one Dyson product per week.

ThunderThighs

Staff

motocsc wrote:I believe Dyson must own woot! or woot! is the major of Dyson products in the US. Or woot! has a policy of at least one Dyson product per week.

MONEYZ!

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

hdmatrix wrote:What's the difference between this and the DC44 Woot had for sale 2 weeks ago?

I'm gonna let Google answer that question.

You know, unbiased and all that.

echo9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echo9
skispeakeasy wrote:My wife bought this vacuum off woot a few months ago. Here are my impressions so far:

The good:
-Battery life is far better than expected. The trigger was a great idea for making it go the distance.
- It can reach underneath beds and around corners better than any vacuum I have owned.
- Vacuuming the car is no longer a hassle.
- the power is pretty decent for a hand held
- the wall mount keeps my closet tidy.

The Bad:
- Small bits of paper clog the vacuum head frequently, causing it to lose suction without warning.
- Any hair sucked up causes the dirt to get stuck in the canister, forcing you to go in with your hands to knock it loose.
- Connecting and disconnecting extension parts is a little bit cumbersome.

The Ugly:
- my cat is terrified of the head of the vacuum for some odd reason, even when it's off...

Hahahh! Maybe you have been allowing your cat to watch too many science fiction horror movies!

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo
gwpriester wrote:Does it make sense to but the heaviest part of the vacuum at the very top? Maybe, if you are trying to increase your upper arm strength.

As with most Dyson vacuum designs, form triumphs over function, and this is just another example of design for the sake of design with no thought given to the user of the product.

I don't have one of these, but I disagree completely with your 'logic'.

Putting the bulk of the weight at the end of the stick would be very cumbersome and hard to handle, especially for what this vacuum is for, which is stairs, hard to reach places, etc.

kenbeckman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenbeckman

Must be a lot of money - Woot does not seem to care that Dyson refuses to honor the warranty on refurbished products and makes excuses to not fix products first brought to their attention while the 6 month warranty was in effect. Note that the new product is warranteed for 5 years but refurbished for only 6 months. Makes one wonder about the quality if they will only stand (or not) behind a refurbished product for a tenth of the new product warranty.

pytiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pytiii

I have one. Works great. Being cordless, it is "grab and go". One critique: Will buy a smaller roller head for stairs when I find one. Good power, good agitation and it lasts long enough.

PytIII
O==#

ThunderThighs

Staff

kenbeckman wrote:Must be a lot of money - Woot does not seem to care that Dyson refuses to honor the warranty on refurbished products and makes excuses to not fix products first brought to their attention while the 6 month warranty was in effect. Note that the new product is warranteed for 5 years but refurbished for only 6 months. Makes one wonder about the quality if they will only stand (or not) behind a refurbished product for a tenth of the new product warranty.

We take warranty issues very seriously. I've heard many good stories from Wooters about Dyson's warranty service.

If you ever have problems getting warranty service, contact support@woot.com for assistance. Include your order number and forward any correspondence you have. We will either work with you or the vendor to help you.

emmydee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emmydee

I bought a refurb Dyson from Woot about 6 years ago and it is still going strong. I think the reason that you see so many refurbs is because Dyson has impeccable customer service. If you buy one new, if ANYTHING goes wrong, they send you a new one. I love how I can take the whole thing apart and clean all of the hoses and attachments. My parents have a Simplicity vacuum that works slightly better on carpet, but mine kicks butt on hard surfaces. Also, the Simplicity was $700+.

PenPenS88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PenPenS88
KevOKC wrote:Dyson has so many refurbs for such a costly vacuum. makes me wonder if they are worth getting. People who have one let me know if they are. My self propelled Hoover still works great just want to know if I am missing something.My hoover even has a red (dirty) green (clean) light to let me know if its clean. I thought about the Dyson ball vac but I am not sure if it is too heavy and tiring. It looks like they are easy to use though.

I just bought a house and the previous owner left their DC 25 animal in the closet and have been using it for a few weeks now and it is extremely easy to use. That ball thing is odd looking, but I can't criticize it. I don't know if I would pay the 500$ for a new dyson, but because I like the "free" (stolen) one I have so much, I am buying this for my hardwood flooring areas. I'd use the DC 25 for the floors, but the convenience of cordless really is appealing to me.

ThunderThighs

Staff

tibird wrote:Does anyone know what the difference is between the 3 colors? I know with the ball, the purple is for pets, but I can't find anything like that for this model...
Thanks!

On Factory Reconditioned items, it's just the color that is different. The extra attachments that would come with the Animal are not included.

raveletg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raveletg

This is one of the best household appliances ever built. We just sent one to our daughter. Great job DYSON

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Oh man, I really need one of these.

mealticket2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mealticket2
raveletg wrote:This is one of the best household appliances ever built. We just sent one to our daughter. Great job DYSON

Does the Dyson Pet Groom fit this model?

lee519

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lee519

does it work on carpet?

karenlambert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karenlambert

So glad I bought this, so far I love it!!