WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Five Piece Art Sets

Call them "pentatychs" if you must. But hopefully you'll just say "five piece" like a normal person.

g99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages g99

These are awesome. but oh man. Just thinking about how to hang these properly is giving the little OCD guy in me fits.

Serious question: How do you properly [and easily] hang a multi-pnael picture set like this with varying heights but a common center line?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

g99 wrote:These are awesome. but oh man. Just thinking about how to hang these properly is giving the little OCD guy in me fits.

Serious question: How do you properly [and easily] hang a multi-pnael picture set like this with varying heights but a common center line?

I'm just making a guess here but I figure you find your center line (laser level helps here). Then measure between the frame edges, divide by 2 to find the hang height for each one.

My theory is that any misses usually are hidden by the picture itself. You DO NOT want to see behind some of my pictures in the house.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1

The piece on the left isn't really worth hanging. Couldn't they have added a seagull, or cloud, or ...anything?

Edit: likewise with this one:

"Hey, bro, that piece of plain black canvass really adds to the picture of the flower." Seems like a 4-piece set could have been done for cheaper...

g99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages g99
ThunderThighs wrote:...
My theory is that any misses usually are hidden by the picture itself. You DO NOT want to see behind some of my pictures in the house.

LOL. Yah My old house had that all over the place. When I moved out I had to buy tubs of the drywall fixer stuff.

See what would be awesome is if sets like these came with some sort of painters tape guide you could put on the wall, then you know exactly how to perfectly hang the pics.

ThunderThighs

Staff

g99 wrote:LOL. Yah My old house had that all over the place. When I moved out I had to buy tubs of the drywall fixer stuff.

See what would be awesome is if sets like these came with some sort of painters tape guide you could put on the wall, then you know exactly how to perfectly hang the pics.

That's an awesome idea. I'll pass it on to the buyer to send to the vendor.

UPDATE: Just so happens that the vendor DID supply hanging instructions. They're linked on every Feature page.

Had we only looked. But now you can!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wrenfro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrenfro
g99 wrote:These are awesome. but oh man. Just thinking about how to hang these properly is giving the little OCD guy in me fits.

here ya go

http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/26ea86e8-5a1b-4c07-be7f-800b62141ffe.pdf

[MOD: No advertising pls]

wrenfro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrenfro

By the way .....what pier is this?

[MOD: No advertising pls]

banderling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banderling

stick a cardboard cutout of the top of James Franco's head peaking around the corner on there to amuse your house-guests.

atatbl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atatbl

How do those charts (linked on the feature page) help you hang the paintings with the 5 pieces (4 of which are different sizes)?

pnaulls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pnaulls
atatbl wrote:How do those charts (linked on the feature page) help you hang the paintings with the 5 pieces (4 of which are different sizes)?

You have to use the "pensil" mentioned in the guide to help you. Doesn't anyone spell check any more?

jrossjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrossjr

Does anybody know who makes these? Can anybody vouch for their quality? I'd like to see some reviews.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

jrossjr wrote:Does anybody know who makes these? Can anybody vouch for their quality? I'd like to see some reviews.

I think Trademark Art is the company that makes these. Hopefully some fellow wooters can vouch for the quality.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

gogotw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gogotw
bsmith1 wrote:
The piece on the left isn't really worth hanging. Couldn't they have added a seagull, or cloud, or ...anything?

Edit: likewise with this one:

"Hey, bro, that piece of plain black canvass really adds to the picture of the flower." Seems like a 4-piece set could have been done for cheaper...

This is like "gimmick" art. If they were to add something to the other panels, they'd have to buy another piece of stock art to put in there.

Though, without that extra black panel, that flower might feel pretty crunched once you put it on a wall.

galalefey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages galalefey

Waiting room art.

Hershculez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hershculez

I believe the word is pentaptych.

Michele0814

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Michele0814

I received mine this weekend and the frames are bowed on every single piece. Not pleased.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Michele0814 wrote:I received mine this weekend and the frames are bowed on every single piece. Not pleased.

I'm sorry for the problem. You might try letting them lay on a flat surface for a bit to straighten them out. Could be weather during transit affected them.

If all else fails, email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR

Michele0814

No, they will not straighten out. The canvas was pulled too tightly when it was stapled to the frame, causing them to bow. I did email customer service and they gave me information on getting a refund, which was not what I requested...I want a replacement. Anyways, why is it so hard to find a phone number to reach Woot?!?! SHADY

Michele0814

I was also told that there is a 12% restocking fee. To return a defective product?!?!?! I don't think so.

Michele0814

I have ordered several things from Woot through the years, but this experience will definitely make me think twice in the future

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hi Michele0814: Let me see if I can answer some of your questions....

We don't have phone support. We provide support through email (support@woot.com) or the support form link at the top of every page.

The restocking fee is if the item is returned and found not to be defective. If it is defective and the return is started within the 21-day return period, there is no restocking fee.

For further assistance, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR