5%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick

I have Fibromyalgia and could not get a good night's rest on our plush pillow top bed that was super comfy before I got sick.

We bought the 2" Curv Gel Topper last time it was offered. Fantastic choice. I sleep now, I don't hurt when I wake up, anymore. Really.

We opened it up and let it come up to size and air out for a few days in a spare room, to avoid the weird packing smell. Put it on the bed, and it worked out great. No weird smell or anything.

It is temperature sensitive - if it's cold in your room, it's harder when you first get in bed, but softens up as your body heat warms it up. I can't say if it actually circulates air and doesn't hold heat, because it hasn't been hot. Even if it does, I'll keep it.

(Took my husband about a week to get used to it. He likes it, too!)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3495 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to learn more about the foam topper over at the product page and lets learn all about A Good Night's Sleep

drhendrickson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drhendrickson

got the 2" gel pad last time. these things rock. haven't slept this good in years.

sharoneyp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharoneyp

Can't decide between reversible and regular. Anyone have any suggestions out there? Like the OP I have fibro, pressure points and could really use a good night's sleep!

gina3graces

quality posts: 41 Private Messages gina3graces

The option to select reversible gel is not working. EDITED: I figured out the options, never mind. Works fine, thank you. Ordered another!

AND...just want to add my experience with this topper. This is the 4th I've purchased from Woot. I love them very much. They are very heavy so when you are handling them, try not to grab with your fingernails or fingertips. Use two hands and strongly, yet gently, grip the topper to handle without tearing the foam. Not to say that it will easily tear, but if you're not careful, you can put a dig into the foam. I like to turn each of ours every single time I change the sheets, flipping end-to-end, just to help rotate the usage/pressure points.

I read someone's comment about the topper being a bit stiff when you first get into bed. That's true. Especially during the winter or in air conditioning, when you first get into bed, it feels very firm. As your body temperature warms up the topper, it softens considerably (and deliciously). These toppers are life changing and offer optimum sleep comfort. They are surprisingly heavy, so especially with the larger sizes, use two people to handle the toppers without possibly damaging them. Their weight and heft can be considerable.

Also there were NO offensive odors to the foam upon opening or usage. You DO want to gently unfold (just a wee bit to help it get started) the topper once you take it out of the packaging and have a good, firm, solid, and FULLY SUPPORTIVE area in which to allow the topper to expand to its full size prior to placing it on your bed. To protect the foam topper, I double my fitted sheets. I always use two layers of fitted sheets on this topper; one to protect the topper and one to sleep on without worrying about sweat, bodily fluids, spills, dog slobber and other assorted life-messes, etc., soaking through to the topper.

I highly recommend this Simmons 3" reversible gel topper and can't express how much of a comfort difference it makes for our beds.

crosbyja79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crosbyja79

Hi there,

We already have a regular old pillow top attached (factory sewn) to the top of our mattress and the sheets are barely deep enough to fit now. Does anyone problems with getting (soft) sheets deep enough to cover the whole mattress with this thing on top?

Thanks much!

loripoore1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loripoore1

Would this gel topper fold up decent for traveling purposes?

prissyrabbit

quality posts: 3 Private Messages prissyrabbit

This is a bit of a strange question I guess... Would anyone who has this think it would be fairly easy to cut this gel topper? The reason I ask is I have a dog bed for my dog that has memory foam. My dog absolutely loves that bed. After just 5 months, the foam has an obvious indention in the middle of the bed (and she only weighs 30 pounds). I didn't expect "quality" memory foam, but only 5 months use? Anyway, I was thinking about getting the twin size and cutting it to size for her. Would this work? Anyone who has ever bought a memory foam bed for their dog knows they cost a ridiculous amount. I could get 3 dog beds out of the twin size for less than the cost of one dog bed at the store.

blipper67

quality posts: 7 Private Messages blipper67

Give me latex or give me death! Latex is more durable, it comes in different ILD's (ultra-plush to firm), breathes as opposed to sleeping hot, it's easy to turn in it, excellent "push back", and will last for 20+ years.

prissyrabbit

loripoore1 wrote:Would this gel topper fold up decent for traveling purposes?

Just guessing here... You could probably roll it up, but from what others have said, it seems like it would be heavy & bulky.

blipper67

quality posts: 7 Private Messages blipper67
prissyrabbit wrote:..... After just 5 months, the foam has an obvious indention in the middle of the bed (and she only weighs 30 pounds). I didn't expect "quality" memory foam, but only 5 months use?

Yep, see my previous post. Blended latex, 70/30 synthetic/natural in a 24 ILD should work perfectly. Either Dunlop or taladay manufacturing process. Get a 2" twin and cut it to size.

cousineaud

quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud

Hi,

I am with the manufacturer of this product and will be able to answer questions throughout the feature.

nmill005

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nmill005
prissyrabbit wrote:This is a bit of a strange question I guess... Would anyone who has this think it would be fairly easy to cut this gel topper? The reason I ask is I have a dog bed for my dog that has memory foam. My dog absolutely loves that bed. After just 5 months, the foam has an obvious indention in the middle of the bed (and she only weighs 30 pounds). I didn't expect "quality" memory foam, but only 5 months use? Anyway, I was thinking about getting the twin size and cutting it to size for her. Would this work? Anyone who has ever bought a memory foam bed for their dog knows they cost a ridiculous amount. I could get a lot of dog beds out of the twin size for less than the cost of one dog bed.

I would be willing to bet an electric carving knife would slice through this thing like butter.

cousineaud

prissyrabbit wrote:This is a bit of a strange question I guess... Would anyone who has this think it would be fairly easy to cut this gel topper? The reason I ask is I have a dog bed for my dog that has memory foam. My dog absolutely loves that bed. After just 5 months, the foam has an obvious indention in the middle of the bed (and she only weighs 30 pounds). I didn't expect "quality" memory foam, but only 5 months use? Anyway, I was thinking about getting the twin size and cutting it to size for her. Would this work? Anyone who has ever bought a memory foam bed for their dog knows they cost a ridiculous amount. I could get a lot of dog beds out of the twin size for less than the cost of one dog bed.

You can cut the memory foam.

1)Get a long, straight edge.. Like a 2x4
2) Use a sharp knife, and lubricate it with some cooking spray
3) it will cut like a loaf of bread

Hope this helps!

prissyrabbit

nmill005 wrote:I would be willing to bet an electric carving knife would slice through this thing like butter.

You mean slice thru it like "buttah"? Haha!

prissyrabbit

blipper67 wrote:Yep, see my previous post. Blended latex, 70/30 synthetic/natural in a 24 ILD should work perfectly. Either Dunlop or taladay manufacturing process. Get a 2" twin and cut it to size.

I would assume the blended latex wouldn't work if a family member has a severe allergy to latex?

prissyrabbit

cousineaud wrote:You can cut the memory foam.

1)Get a long, straight edge.. Like a 2x4
2) Use a sharp knife, and lubricate it with some cooking spray
3) it will cut like a loaf of bread

Hope this helps!

Thanks! Just gotta go measure the thickness of the foam that is in her bed now to see of this will fit in the zippered cover.

It is nice to have a rep. available for questions! Thanks!

EasyGoinGal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages EasyGoinGal

Reversible Gel looks like it is sold out.
Would the plain Gel be as good?
Is the Reversible Gel cooler?
Maybe another site has the Reversible Gel?
I read the comparison, but it didn't help.

[MOD: Not sold out. Just choose the MODEL first.]

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ORDERING TIP: SELECT THE MODEL FIRST!!!!

We are not sold out. Just make sure to select the model first.

The first set of sizes is for the regular gel. The 2nd set of sizes is for the reversible gel.

If you select the model first, you'll have no problem.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mattdocmartin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattdocmartin
EasyGoinGal wrote:Reversible Gel looks like it is sold out.
Would the plain Gel be as good?
Is the Reversible Gel cooler?
Maybe another site has the Reversible Gel?
I read the comparison, but it didn't help.

The plain gel is AWESOME. I like firm, my wife likes soft, but we BOTH sleep like babies. (But with less pooping)

Definitely worth a buy.

Also our sheets fit fine.

EasyGoinGal

Good. I think the Reversible Gel is that one that looks like an egg carton. I'm not sure how well I would sleep on that.

[MOD: Correct. Reversible Gel has the two different sides.]

CletusTheDwarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CletusTheDwarf

I would appreciate if anyone could provide some guidance on the reversible vs slab option. How do they differ?

EasyGoinGal

Is the shipper UPS, FedEx or USPS?
UPS and FedEx delivers to my door. USPS doesn't

PinehurstBound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PinehurstBound

Which one is the softer option? Also, the pictures don't seem to show the curved nature of the foam like it is shown on the Simmons Curv website? They appear to either be flat or eggshell...where are the curves?

girljosh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages girljosh

Can anyone speak to how well the "cooling gel" really works? I had a high-quality memory foam mattress that heated up so much with body heat that I woke up drenched in sweat on even the coldest of nights. My current conventional mattress, while better temperature-wise, could use a bit more padding, but I'm concerned about getting overheated again.

3nvee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3nvee
CletusTheDwarf wrote:I would appreciate if anyone could provide some guidance on the reversible vs slab option. How do they differ?

The slab is the same on both sides (flat) whereas the reversible topper is flat one one side and has an "egg carton" pattern on the other. I personally like the feel of the egg carton side over the flat, but it comes down to personal preference. Getting the reversible allows you to choose and switch as you please.

cousineaud

girljosh wrote:Can anyone speak to how well the "cooling gel" really works? I had a high-quality memory foam mattress that heated up so much with body heat that I woke up drenched in sweat on even the coldest of nights. My current conventional mattress, while better temperature-wise, could use a bit more padding, but I'm concerned about getting overheated again.

First generation as well as lower quality memory foam did sleep hot. The second generation memory foam (which this is) is open cell memory foam which allows for more air flow through the foam. This allows heat to dissipate instead of building up in the foam. These properties are heightened with the infusion of Gel. The Gel has natural cooling properties that lead to a more temperature neutral sleep.

cousineaud

EasyGoinGal wrote:Is the shipper UPS, FedEx or USPS?
UPS and FedEx delivers to my door. USPS doesn't

The goods will ship via FedEx.

bigtoe68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigtoe68
prissyrabbit wrote:This is a bit of a strange question I guess... Would anyone who has this think it would be fairly easy to cut this gel topper? The reason I ask is I have a dog bed for my dog that has memory foam. My dog absolutely loves that bed. After just 5 months, the foam has an obvious indention in the middle of the bed (and she only weighs 30 pounds). I didn't expect "quality" memory foam, but only 5 months use? Anyway, I was thinking about getting the twin size and cutting it to size for her. Would this work? Anyone who has ever bought a memory foam bed for their dog knows they cost a ridiculous amount. I could get 3 dog beds out of the twin size for less than the cost of one dog bed at the store.

Not crazy at all, I built a fainting couch for my wife and fell over when I went to look at foam prices. I ended up buying a memory foam mattress here and cut it up to the sizes I needed. I cut it with a sharp filet knife and it cut like butter. A razor blade would work as well but the filet knife cuts deep enough to give you a clean edge.

floydhhjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages floydhhjr

how well will it work with adjustable bed twin

cousineaud

floydhhjr wrote:how well will it work with adjustable bed twin

These toppers can be used in adjustable beds.

gpzbc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gpzbc

Does this require a deeper fitted sheet? Or can I still use the same fitted sheet that I currently have?

cousineaud

gpzbc wrote:Does this require a deeper fitted sheet? Or can I still use the same fitted sheet that I currently have?

The toppers will add 3" to the height of your bed. Depending on the depth of your current sheets, you may need to update.

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity

As someone who has owned a 3" 4 lb. density memory foam topper before and a 10" 5.3 lb. density memory foam mattress, I would like to know a few things:
- How do the density ratings compare between gel and standard memory foam? I've found that the 4 lb. does not last over time, too weak and causes permanent depressions/weak spots which resulted in chest pain.
- I've found that 5.3 lb. density has the firmness that I like, but was too hot in the summer, so I switched back to spring. Spring has its advantages... in bed. Will this topper ruin that?
- What is the firmness level compared to the 5.3-lb. and 4-lb. density mattresses?
- What can others say about temperature comfort in a topper like this? Gel memory foam is sounding attractive due to the heat dissipation claims.

Thanks!

timfear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timfear

Any idea how compact this would fold? I'd like to use it to top a sofa bed that is occasionally used by guests. I guess I'm asking "how small will it fold or roll"

Thanks,

susanjones1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susanjones1

help - I'm miserable after a nasty fall - which model should I buy and do I have to buy deeper sheets to contain it over the mattress?

robmar415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robmar415

Are these recommended for use on coil spring beds? Looking for a little extra padding on ours and wondering if this would work for that or if it is only recommended to top other memory foam beds?

cousineaud

timfear wrote:Any idea how compact this would fold? I'd like to use it to top a sofa bed that is occasionally used by guests. I guess I'm asking "how small will it fold or roll"

Thanks,

I would recommend the reversible topper for use with a sofa bed.

cousineaud

robmar415 wrote:Are these recommended for use on coil spring beds? Looking for a little extra padding on ours and wondering if this would work for that or if it is only recommended to top other memory foam beds?

These toppers can absolutely be used on coil spring beds.