unerschrocken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unerschrocken

Really bad buying decisions. It's no a 200 dollars camera.

cikatriz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cikatriz
tomcat5909 wrote:For those comparing this $40 unit to a $200+ Go Pro-----------------are you serious? It's like comparing a Chevy Spark (MSRP $12,995) to a Corvette (MSRP $53,000). Both are cars but the performance level is a tad different between them.
It is what it is, an inexpensive alternative to play around with this type of video recording. If you enjoy it, fine. Upgrade to a Go Pro. If not, you've only wasted 40 bucks (45 with shipping) to try.

I don't think anyone is denying that a cheap alternative would be a bad thing, it just seems there are so many caveats that make the product sound fishy. For instance, the name is blatantly trying to trick consumers into thinking it's a Go Pro. Also, the "features" seem to be arbitrary and poorly executed. A Chevy Spark doesn't try to emulate a Corvette; the dealership properly differentiates the two.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

I guess what surprises me about Woot is that generally the stuff here is pretty good. The comments this time around for this camera are no different than the last time around. Woot can sell anything they want except something like this I'm sorry to say does put a red mark on woot's credibility. I would have thought that just to protect their otherwise pretty cool rep they would refuse to sell something like this given all the bad reviews.

yellowdub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowdub

I was excited to order my Gear Pro but now after reading all the comments i think im going to be disapointed. I hate seing that the battery life is short and that you cant charge and record at the same time.

vail970

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vail970

I'm going to Namimbia South Africa on safari.Any thoughts on how well this camera would work in such a setting

mm20

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mm20
vail970 wrote:I'm going to Namimbia South Africa on safari.Any thoughts on how well this camera would work in such a setting

Spend the extra money for a GoPro.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

dmichaelw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmichaelw
tomrdcinc wrote:I bought one last time and have been disappointed. Battery doesnt hold a charge for 10 minutes. So if you are getting real active stay close to an outlet.

I use this on my Motorcycle. works well for close in shots, Battery life hasn't been an issue, I've run 5 hours with no problem.

dmichaelw

yellowdub wrote:I was excited to order my Gear Pro but now after reading all the comments i think im going to be disapointed. I hate seing that the battery life is short and that you cant charge and record at the same time.

I think his issue with Battery life was Insufficient charge. use a USB to WALL. and fully charge the battery. I used it for 3 days, 1.5 hour each day, without a recharge.

dmichaelw

unerschrocken wrote:Really bad buying decisions. It's no a 200 dollars camera.

I agree..it's a $30.00 portable web cam. Works well in close in shots, I use it on my Motorcycle. I can see cars ok, but other bikes are difficult to see once they are more than 10 yards in front of you.

Seanegfunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seanegfunk

So again if they cant ship it to me because of the Lithium-ion why are they shipping it to you? Or is yours hand delivered?

ScottFromWyoming wrote:From USPS.com, I direct your attention to #a, I think that's the issue:
135.63 Secondary Lithium-ion (Rechargeable) Cells and Batteries
Small consumer-type lithium-ion cells and batteries like those used to power cell phones and laptop computers are mailable in a single shipment with the following restrictions:
a. The batteries must be installed in the equipment be­ing shipped.
b. Each shipment may contain a maximum of only four lithium-ion cells or two lithium-ion batteries.
c. The lithium content must not exceed 20 Watt-hour rating (Wh) per cell.
d. The total aggregate lithium content must not exceed 100 Wh per battery.
e. Each battery must bear the Wh marking on the bat­tery to determine if it is within the limits defined in 123.63c and 123.63d.
f. The batteries installed in the equipment must be pro­tected from damage and short circuit.
g. The equipment must be equipped with an effective means of preventing it from being turned on or activated.
h. The equipment must be contained in a strong sealed package and cushioned to prevent movement or damage.
=============

Similar rules at UPS and FedEx (PDF).

Flyby11937

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flyby11937

Where is the SIM card?

choxnpinz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choxnpinz
gertswerd wrote:This camera is a piece of crap, don't waste your time. Battery life is only a few minutes,

Yup, I charged mine for a full 24-hours and got 2½ minutes out of it before it died.

revdrhoward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revdrhoward

I ordered and received two of the Gear Pro 720p HD Sport Action Cameras. It is a handy little camera and does everything it's supposed to do except take good videos. The quality is low. The videos are grainy and such low quality that they are not acceptable for my purposes. Since Woot won't allow me to return them, I guess I'll get rid of them on Ebay at a loss. Very unsatisfied with this product!!!

ackthbbft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ackthbbft

Yep, fell for it. Tricksy wootses! Thought it said Go Pro. Figured at that price it was a steal, didn't realize I was the one being stolen from! Wanted to use it as a dash cam in my car. We'll see how it goes, but after reading so many bad reviews, I'm not hopeful.

kt22mark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kt22mark

I purchased the Gear 720p HD Sport Action Cam, and it is a piece of trash, and here's why:

1) Powered on for 2.5 minutes, then automatically powered off?
2) Charged the item for 24 hours, and then it came back on, then powered down, then back up with a fuzzy screen??
3) Tried to power up again, then the busy light was on along with the power light with nothing on screen???
4) Connected to computer via USB, and NADA????
5) No information regarding who makes the Gear Pro?????, NO PHONE NUMBER, or MANUFACTURER??????
6) WOOT??????? Why would you sell this to your loyal customers like myself whom been buying products from you since 2005????????
7) Bottom Line: This Product is a waste of time and money, and thank you WOOT for wasting my time??????????
8) TQM!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kt22mark: Sorry for the problems.

Here's the contact info for Pyle:

http://www.pyleaudio.com/ContactUs.aspx

If all else fails, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sparky12366

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparky12366

Piece of junk! I used it twice and upon download of movie it had a error and it will not work. I will never Woot again!

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

sparky12366 wrote:Piece of junk! I used it twice and upon download of movie it had a error and it will not work. I will never Woot again!

Sorry you had trouble. Please use the info @ThunderThighs posted just above your post to find out about warranty options or contact Woot CS. Hope that helps, at least a little.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

loaded dice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loaded dice
c4warhead wrote:Absolute garbage! Would not turn on right out of the box. There is no documentation that indicates manufacturer, warranty or contact information. Worst Woot purchase I have ever made, by far.

Calling it garbage gives it too much credit.
POS is much more truthful.

kt22mark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kt22mark
ThunderThighs wrote:kt22mark: Sorry for the problems.

If all else fails, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Dear Woot,

The Gear Pro is garbage, and you should know it???!!! I will never make another purchase from you or Amazon...

Best of luck to you selling more garbage to your customers!!

NEVER AGAIN!!!

drumfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drumfield
c4warhead wrote:Absolute garbage! Would not turn on right out of the box. There is no documentation that indicates manufacturer, warranty or contact information. Worst Woot purchase I have ever made, by far.

I am right with you on this. Same problem would not even turn on out of the box. Does anyone have any information on returns or repairs?

debinclt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debinclt

I purchased this camera in April of 2014 for my son, who at the time was living in Missouri. He just moved back to Virginia and we just opened this package yesterday and inserted a memory card to try the camera out. It worked on the limited battery life it had. So we plugged it in to charge the battery. And now it won't turn on at all. It will turn on briefly when the charging cable is installed, but then goes black. Without the cable, nothing happens.

Any clues?

saintintheciti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saintintheciti
taurine wrote:I don't think even Black Edition GoPros are worth that. Even on Vimeo they look like a lower bitrate than my Mobius keychain camera from eBay. Or my waterproof Toshiba Camileo I bought here on Woot 2 years ago. 1080p isn't worth much if it just looks like an enlarged 720p video.

this cam is a piece of crap ,took it rafting and surprisre !!! the case is not so water proof.cam is toast.

yuliqigong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yuliqigong

This piece of junk lasted less than a day. Unfortunately for me, I waited until after the 20 day return period to try it. Contacted support, they gave me the wrong company information to return it. When I contacted the company, it seems I am not the first to get this wrong information. Since then I get no responses from Woot support.
Thus I begin to post about this absolute lack of quality in the product and even lower quality of Woot's support organization.

yuliqigong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yuliqigong
ThunderThighs wrote:kt22mark: Sorry for the problems.

Pyleaudio doesn't make this product, they make Pyle products! This is a GearPro 720 camera. I have contacted support, but after giving me the wrong company information, they do not respond.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

yuliqigong wrote:Pyleaudio doesn't make this product, they make Pyle products! This is a GearPro 720 camera. I have contacted support, but after giving me the wrong company information, they do not respond.

Pyle(audio) sells the GearPro as well. Here's the product page

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jimmytx2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmytx2002

Just don't. I purchased this in April with most others. After 3 months of strictly in car use the imagines began to be out of focus. It would appear the texas heat cause the lens to deform.
I contacted woot support and they gave me the pyle (or is that PILE?) support url. I was informed it has a 1 year warranty but they wanted me to ship it back AND include 10$ money order for the RETURN shipping of the repaired camera!!

And yes, I had the battery that made it all of two weeks before dieing also - I don't find it likely any replacement would be any better.

So no, Im not going to pay another 20$ to repair something that is not worth the original 50$ in the first place.