WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How do you plan to celebrate May the Fourth?
  • 25.2% - Nothing special. Every day is Star Wars Day in my house. 371
  • 17.7% - Getting ready for Cinco de Mayo. 260
  • 22.1% - Polishing my blaster. 326
  • 31% - I deny the existence of this made-up "celebration." 457
  • 4% - Watching the best of the movies, which I will discuss in the comments …. 59
1473 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 17 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Stocking up, Dos Eques, Tequila, Limes, Chips, etc...
Ole.

yuusou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yuusou

Episode V

dajur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dajur

Playing Star Wars: Edge of the Empire of course. Coincidentally, it falls on the first Sunday of the month when we play RPGs.

rhiannaapgwidion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhiannaapgwidion

Our bowling alley shows all the movies all day long and they give free games to people wearing costumes.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

I'ma shoot first.
Ya realize, Solo drove nascar?

BobInFla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobInFla
daveinwarshington wrote:Stocking up, Dos Eques, Tequila, Limes, Chips, etc...
Ole.

Salt (for the rims), guacamole, pinatas, etc. too!

Me too.

kuroiryuu04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuroiryuu04

May the Forth is on a Sunday. I will start by watching Star Wars: Phantom Menace and get through those movies. then play Star Wars the force unleashed. I have taken off work to finish the game, and Drink for Drinco-de-Mayo. And I have taken off the 6th due to the Revenge of the 5th which is where I will finish by watching Star Wars: A New Hope to the Return of the Jedi.

dstauss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dstauss

For those planning on watching the movies, might I suggest watching them in a better order? Never mind, I'm going to whether you like it or not!
IV, V, II, III, VI.
That order does several things. Not only does it cut out the useless crap that is Episode I, but foremost it keeps the story about Luke. Things are also less confusing and seem more canon when you start out with IV and V, then when you find out Vader is Luke's father, flash back to II and III to get that story (while leaving out the useless, non-contributing Episode I drivel), then nicely conclude the story with VI.
Try it! I think you'll like it.

HaveAWootDay

quality posts: 5 Private Messages HaveAWootDay

I will be remembering the May 4, 1970 Kent State shootings. Maybe take a bike ride around the campus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

thelocker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelocker

Running the Colorado Marathon with 1700 of my friends then relaxing to some special brownies and trying to figure out why Greedo shot first in the redub.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

Asking everyone I see to Live long and Prosper while using the appropriate salute. >;D

zasseg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zasseg

I will spend it in mourning because the next day will be Monday.

Klaydoh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Klaydoh

Celebrating Cinco de Cuatro by throwing Mexican-themed items into the water.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Just remember, to have fun on the fourth, buy a fifth on the third. (Works for July 4th also)

ToadiesLB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ToadiesLB

Last day of Jazzfest!! End of a 2 week long party. Who cares about Cinco de Mayo when you've got 14 days of awesome music...

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

It's the Lord's day...so going to see all my friends at church...then one of them invited me to her house afterwards for Yoda Soda, Wookie Cookies, and a host of other SW related foods to consume while watching movies. Sounds kinda fun to me.

DUMONJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DUMONJ

Really, Woot? "Polishing my blaster"?

ohyou.jpg

pattyd49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pattyd49

Actually, May 4 is my birthday. So, I'll have a lovely Star Wars birthday...again!

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
HaveAWootDay wrote:I will be remembering the May 4, 1970 Kent State shootings. ...

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

Happens to be my daughters birthday so we will be celebrating that

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com