zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

Asus 11.6" Touchscreen Dual-Core Laptop
Price: $229.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, May 08 to Friday, May 09) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
3/23/2014 - $259.99 - 19 comment(s)

4/23/2014 - $239.99 (Woot Plus)
4/16/2014 - $239.99 (Woot Plus)
4/16/2014 - $259.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3360 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc

If it doesn't come with the hand/forearm, I'm not interested.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

gregdu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gregdu

What's the typical battery life on this model?

Farco556

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Farco556
gregdu wrote:What's the typical battery life on this model?

I've had this model for about a year and a half. I currently have it set so that it never shuts down even when I close the lid. I currently get about 3-5 hours with the screen closed and around 2.5 hours with the screen up and I'm using it. If you use the recommended power settings though you get much better battery life.

greezyg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages greezyg

I've had the need for a cheap laptop. I'm in for one.

robio

quality posts: 41 Private Messages robio

I'm seriously thinking about this. I need a small Win8 machine for QA work. But the company I'm contracting with may be out of money in the next couple months, so I'm trying to pinch pennies in case I need to pay rent between gigs. But it would be easier to get my next gig if I can test on Win8. But I also just had to spend a couple months' rent on car repairs. But this would be perfect because I want the smallest Win8 machine I can get, as it won't be my daily driver and I don't have much space.

AAAARRRGGGHHHH.

rhrogers

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rhrogers

Try it on go ahead. Don't expect miracles, don't expect it to resemble your home or work laptop because it won't. If you need something that's light (yesss) easy to pack and handles email, word processing, etc..this is it. If you over geek this machine that's your problem. I purchased one a year ago to use on business travel in China, Vietnam and India. It worked very well.

Drez143

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drez143

For the first time in a long time, I am actually going to buy something from Woot!

I have been searching high and low for a replacement to my old Asus netbook. Sadly, they stopped producing netbooks due to the popularity of tablets and even Newegg no longer has a category for netbooks. I own two tablets, and I can't find how people like them more than a netbook. The ability to have a keyboard and to put this on my lap while I am on the couch is priceless.

My old netbook is still running today as well! Sadly, the battery died and after three "knock off" batteries from eBay and ~$30 spent on return shipping, I gave up trying to find a replacement battery for it. The dead battery plus the fact that the Atom N270 processor is quite slow in today's world has left me searching for its replacement and here it is!

leffykins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leffykins

I ust need one that has excel, outlook, and powerpoint preloaded. what's the goodies in this one?

VIDEOSENSATIONS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages VIDEOSENSATIONS

Bought one 18 months ago. Motherboard died, asus replaced it and they also replaced the screen. The screen is buggy it will jump or flip a page or go to another screen very annoying windows 8 sucks but for touch screen it gets better
For a few bucks more the 202 model had a better processor in it for like 20 bucks more
Trust me the screen changing will drive you nuts
Good for traveling as it's small

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

leffykins wrote:I ust need one that has excel, outlook, and powerpoint preloaded. what's the goodies in this one?

Beginning with Win 8, Microsoft no longer includes Office Starter. You will need to purchase Office.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

amiee1997

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amiee1997

I have had this for about a year now. I bought it from Woot. I can honestly tell you that this is my favorite laptop I have ever had! Solid state hard drive is awesome! and this thing fits in my purse!

inthelead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages inthelead

Are the memory or hard drive upgradeable?

chillzatl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chillzatl

I've done some testing with this model and it's a solid little laptop. It's not going to set any performance records, but it's far more capable than something like a Chromebook.

togamoos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages togamoos
leffykins wrote:I ust need one that has excel, outlook, and powerpoint preloaded. what's the goodies in this one?

http://www.libreoffice.org/ - if you haven't tried it recently, give it a shot. I actually prefer it over MS Office now.

cajaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cajaker

Can you burn CD's?

ThunderThighs

Staff

inthelead wrote:Are the memory or hard drive upgradeable?

Specs say the max memory is 4GB. Don't know about the hard drive.

cajaker wrote:Can you burn CD's?

There is no optical drive on this laptop. You would have to buy an external optical drive to do that.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

stanchris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanchris

Can you upgrade to 8.1????

ThunderThighs

Staff

stanchris wrote:Can you upgrade to 8.1????

Yes, supported by Asus. All the info you need is on that page link.

jotopia34109

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jotopia34109

This is actually a great laptop. I have one already and battery life is great. Speed is great for anything other than gaming. STreams Youtube, any other video superquickly. Flash games not so much.
HOWEVER, the price here is not great for a refurbished. I got mine for 189.00 NEW. Like someone else said. 229.00 for someone's butt sweat? Just do one google search and you'll find it cheaper and get a warranty.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast
amiee1997 wrote:I have had this for about a year now. I bought it from Woot. I can honestly tell you that this is my favorite laptop I have ever had! Solid state hard drive is awesome! and this thing fits in my purse!

The specs say a 500GB SATA (5400rpm) so this does not have a SSD. Regardless after reading reviews from Amazon, this is the quickest purchase I have made. (Only delay was getting the wife's permission....)

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed
peaceetc wrote:If it doesn't come with the hand/forearm, I'm not interested.

I was on the fence about this, but seeing as I already have a hand/forearm I decided to go for it. I will be hooking this up to my 20" monitor, keyboard and mouse and mostly using it as a PC anyway.

I had been looking at the Surface-Pro but this is just about the same thing and I don't need the dock to hook to my stuff so that makes it that much better.

txdave13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages txdave13

I'm considering this for my 12 year old son. He's not a huge gamer, but I'm sure that he'd install a game or two - he is a Minecraft nut. I know relatively nothing about computers. Would this be a good computer for him?

dougaloo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dougaloo
mdrcoast wrote:The specs say a 500GB SATA (5400rpm) so this does not have a SSD. Regardless after reading reviews from Amazon, this is the quickest purchase I have made. (Only delay was getting the wife's permission....)

"Wife's permission"? I don't need no steenkeeng permission. When I do the laundry, I use whatever detergent I want.

nightcrawler51

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nightcrawler51

I am also interested if this is a decent Minecraft setup. I would like to get my desktop back from my daughter.....

mjhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjhead

I purchased the ASUS X200CA machine on sell-out Woot in March but it was the 320G HD option. It was presented as having Bluetooth, but in fact it didn't. So, I raised the matter with Woot, and they offered either a $20 rebate or I could have returned it. I decided to keep it and am glad I did, it is a fine machine. Other than the screen is glossy (laptops with non-glossy screens, are easier to see b/c they don't reflect other light) and having to learn Win 8.1, it is a very worthwhile machine. And for under $250? A great buy. However, had I known this was coming, I would have waited. But with the BT, I purchased an ASUS BT dongle, as I prefer using a mouse. It uses up one of the USB ports; but the ASUS provides three USB ports, unlike Acer, and others which offer only two, typically. I use a $50 portable DVD drive, which takes two USB ports to operate, when I need it, which is not often

StevenT100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StevenT100
inthelead wrote:Are the memory or hard drive upgradeable?

Memory is not upgradeable, 4gb is soldered on the Motherboard. 4gb is enough with Windows 8.1.
Hard drive is 7.0mm height 2.5" laptop drive. There are thin SSD's available at this height.

Jefiner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jefiner

I have a Chromebook with 3G. Do any of you tech guys out there know if there is a way to add 3g to this little guy?

/very interested.

powermatt

quality posts: 8 Private Messages powermatt
Jefiner wrote:I have a Chromebook with 3G. Do any of you tech guys out there know if there is a way to add 3g to this little guy?

/very interested.

A USB 3G/4G modem of some sort. Either that or a MiFi-type device. Nothing that could be added internally, though.

eddieregi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eddieregi

I bought two of these Acer netbooks
http://www.woot.com/offers/acer-aspire-one-10-1-6-cell-netbook
in Jan 2010. They've been about bullet-proof and still work fine, but are starting to limp a bit. Battery life is short and now WinXP is a problem.

Seems like this would be a reasonable replacement.

clanecks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages clanecks

If Office is a must, people should look for Asus Transformer T100. It's a hybrid tablet/laptop with 12 hours of battery life and bundled with Office Home edition (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).

I am not responsible for this post.

clanecks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages clanecks
powermatt wrote:A USB 3G/4G modem of some sort. Either that or a MiFi-type device. Nothing that could be added internally, though.

Freedom Pop comes to mind.

I am not responsible for this post.

gudsport

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gudsport

Factory reconditioned from a combined Woot / Asus for me meant...getting a defective product, having to pay out of my own pocket to ship it to asus after waiting a month for Woot to respond, getting the product back in the same condition it was shipped in (broken), finally getting shipping labels from woot and asus..several months after the initial event and finally having woot tell me they will just refund my money but not the amount I paid out of pocket to ship it the first time or for the SD Card that was lost. To top it all off, this was a Xmas present so I ended up paying full price to replace it at the last minute because woot was unavailable to answer my complaint.

sracer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sracer
clanecks wrote:If Office is a must, people should look for Asus Transformer T100. It's a hybrid tablet/laptop with 12 hours of battery life and bundled with Office Home edition (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).

Interesting. I was seriously looking into the Transformer T100, but the build quality, performance, and placement of the ports (microUSB and microHDMI are too close together), make it less than desirable.

I compared both T100 and X200MA (identical to the CA except the MA doesn't have bluetooth)and was quite impressed with the X200 for over $100 cheaper ($279 new @ Bestbuy).

I bought the X200 and am delighted with it. As for Office, I have Office 365 and a few spare licenses, so that was an easy add. But if one wants to purchase Office 2013 outright, there are places to purchase it for about $120.

I really appreciate the full-sized VGA port, full-sized HDMI, 3 full-sized USB ports in such a small footprint.

The 11.6" display is small enough for portability and large enough for serious work.

mrlumpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrlumpy

I bought two of these on Black Friday 2013. They are for my kids. So far, they have worked quite well. These were my first Windows 8 machines, and I am okay with that. I do love the family controls MSFT has built in to the OS.

For email, web browsing, and lite word processing (i.e., everything a school-age kid would need), these are nice little netbooks.

FYI, I paid $249 for each new unit on Black Friday, price adjusted down to $199 a few days later when the retailer dropped the price.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
Drez143 wrote:For the first time in a long time, I am actually going to buy something from Woot!

I have been searching high and low for a replacement to my old Asus netbook. Sadly, they stopped producing netbooks due to the popularity of tablets and even Newegg no longer has a category for netbooks. I own two tablets, and I can't find how people like them more than a netbook. The ability to have a keyboard and to put this on my lap while I am on the couch is priceless.

My old netbook is still running today as well! Sadly, the battery died and after three "knock off" batteries from eBay and ~$30 spent on return shipping, I gave up trying to find a replacement battery for it. The dead battery plus the fact that the Atom N270 processor is quite slow in today's world has left me searching for its replacement and here it is!

Even though this is only a celeron, it's a pretty decent economy processor- and it will kick the snot out of the atom n270. I think you'll be pretty happy.

bluemidget

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bluemidget
jotopia34109 wrote:This is actually a great laptop. I have one already and battery life is great. Speed is great for anything other than gaming. STreams Youtube, any other video superquickly. Flash games not so much.
HOWEVER, the price here is not great for a refurbished. I got mine for 189.00 NEW. Like someone else said. 229.00 for someone's butt sweat? Just do one google search and you'll find it cheaper and get a warranty.

jotopia34109...PLEASE...Produce ''any'' google search showing where you can ''find it cheaper and get a warranty'' (and I assume you are implying a warranty better then Woot/Asus's 90 day warranty)

and fyi for anyone buying one of these...check with your credit card company for any perks...like my Bass Pro MC automatically DOUBLES the warranty I get from the seller. Not as good as a ''year'' but 180 days twice as good as 90 :-)

estro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages estro

I second bluemidget's comment. I cannot find this model computer listed anywhere (refurb or new) for less than the listed price. The model with 2GB of RAM and a 320 GB hard drive is less, but not the model for sale today.