Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3002 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3642 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out this "good" review over at pcmag.com

pjoeltyler

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pjoeltyler

Can anyone comment on it's ability to mop on tile? The Techko Maid I bought from woot was OK at dry sweeps but would get stuck on the grout in tile when a wet cloth was used.

robio

quality posts: 42 Private Messages robio

Interesting: Under the Specs tab here, there's a link to a PDF Manual, and it goes to a page for the iRobot Braava. Apparently this "Mint" is a re-badge. Or vice-versa?

gfisch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gfisch
robio wrote:Interesting: Under the Specs tab here, there's a link to a PDF Manual, and it goes to a page for the iRobot Braava. Apparently this "Mint" is a re-badge. Or vice-versa?

I believe the original maker got bought up by iRobot. So, the Braava is a renamed version of the Mint (not a knock-off/rebadge).

Article:
http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/22/irobot-braava/

EasyGoinGal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages EasyGoinGal

Is this model 320 or 380t?

EasyGoinGal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages EasyGoinGal

Or is it the 4200?

[MOD: ^^ This one]

ooqo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ooqo

Wish to know the model for this device, there is more than 3 models.
:|

jefftreid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jefftreid
ooqo wrote:Wish to know the model for this device, there is more than 3 models.
:|

Well. It doesn't take a genius to determine this is the 320. The 320 is listed for $199 where the 380t is $299. The 320 has a 1500mAH battery and the 380t has a 2000mAH battery.

This is the 320.

[MOD: Removed some text. Let's play nice, pls. Also, this is the Mint 4200.]

kidholiday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kidholiday

I wish this was the model with the soap dispenser! I had this one in the past, and while it did a great job cleaning up, the wet towel would dry up way before the end of its cycle.

xwoz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xwoz
pjoeltyler wrote:Can anyone comment on it's ability to mop on tile? The Techko Maid I bought from woot was OK at dry sweeps but would get stuck on the grout in tile when a wet cloth was used.

I have this model. It actually does surprisingly well at mopping, on both my hardwood and my tile. It never gets caught up on the grout. The best way to do it is set it to mop and pour little puddles of your prefered cleaning solution throughout the area you are cleaning. As it goes along, it absorbs the liquid and keeps going. If you are patient, it usually gets all of the area and puddles. only once in 3 months have I come across a leftover partial-puddle .

daduckster

quality posts: 6 Private Messages daduckster
xwoz wrote:I have this model. It actually does surprisingly well at mopping, on both my hardwood and my tile. It never gets caught up on the grout. The best way to do it is set it to mop and pour little puddles of your prefered cleaning solution throughout the area you are cleaning. As it goes along, it absorbs the liquid and keeps going. If you are patient, it usually gets all of the area and puddles. only once in 3 months have I come across a leftover partial-puddle .

Or, opinionally, add the new puppy accessory. It'll leave puddles for you and your floors will smell urine fresh in no time!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

EasyGoinGal wrote:Is this model 320 or 380t?

This is the Mint 4200.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rgarnier

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rgarnier
jefftreid wrote:Well. It doesn't take a genius to determine this ...[/i]

Really? Now even the discussion section on Woot turns confrontational? Because someone simply asked for clarification of a model no.? And, it turns out, your snarky response, with some even edited out by the moderator, was plain wrong, eh? C'mon world - can't we all just get along?

$199 (with free Prime shipping) over on the mothership, with 781 reviews averaging 4 stars, and 93 questions answered:
http://www.amazon.com/Mint-Automatic-Floor-Cleaner-4200/dp/B00408PCEW

tlubeskie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlubeskie

Arrghhhhh! I loved my first Mint! After several years of heavy use, it went off to floor cleaning heaven two months ago. I immediately went out and bough another one at full price! If only I had a woot crystal ball to see what's coming!!! Seriously. this product is awesome for hard surfaces. Irreplaceable!

farr6252

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farr6252
xwoz wrote:I have this model. It actually does surprisingly well at mopping, on both my hardwood and my tile. It never gets caught up on the grout. The best way to do it is set it to mop and pour little puddles of your prefered cleaning solution throughout the area you are cleaning. As it goes along, it absorbs the liquid and keeps going. If you are patient, it usually gets all of the area and puddles. only once in 3 months have I come across a leftover partial-puddle .

I have a small piece of wood I use as a divider between my laminate floor and kitchen tiles. It is probably 2 mm high. Would this be able to go over that obstacle?

statictrance

quality posts: 1 Private Messages statictrance

Any thoughts on how this would work on Laminate/Pergo flooring?

They say these floors can be kept clean with a dry mop sweep; but I call shenanigans on that! However, liquid is the number 1 destroyer of them because of the tongue/groove system... A damp cloth without spray/puddles of liquid may be just the answer. Anyone have experience thoughts? (pretty much my whole first floor is hardwood, pergo, or laminate kitchen tile - would love an all in one tool to use)

ipmark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ipmark
farr6252 wrote:I have a small piece of wood I use as a divider between my laminate floor and kitchen tiles. It is probably 2 mm high. Would this be able to go over that obstacle?

I'd also like the answer to this. I have a few fairly tall thresholds between rooms... will the mint just stop there or is there a way to hump over it like the Roombas can?

sum182

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sum182

Hows this thing handle pet hair? Got a Husky in full shed at the moment.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

grantunderland

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grantunderland
sum182 wrote:Hows this thing handle pet hair? Got a Husky in full shed at the moment.

In addition to hair, anybody know how this does with cat litter?

pertifly

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pertifly

I have had this model for years and absolutely love it. At 11 months, it started getting wonky on the wheels for some reason - it kept trying to turn right. The Mint customer service people sent me a brand new one with a brand new warranty, and it has worked solidly for nearly 3 years. The only work I've had to do on it is I bought a new battery on Amazon for $26.

After years and years of buying Roombas/Scoobas and having them die (and having the company not stand behind them), I wholeheartedly recommend this, although I will acknowledge that this doesn't vacuum I am a little leery of buying one now that Irobot owns the Mint line, too.

lb746

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lb746
sum182 wrote:Hows this thing handle pet hair? Got a Husky in full shed at the moment.

I have 2 long hair dogs that thanks to my Mint I can run twice a week in sweep mode to just collect all the hair on my wood floors. I'm actually about to buy additional microfiber towels for it since I don't do laundry enough for how often I run it.

pdluhy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pdluhy

I bought this model when it first came out. It worked great for over two years of heavy use and then it stopped working. It would shuffle back and forth aimlessly cleaning a foot or two, such a shame. iRobot bought the company so there wasn't much we could do to get it fixed since it was out of warranty. We have the neato now and though it's working great, I miss the simplicity of the mint.

tcimpidis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcimpidis

The problem is that Roomba bought Mint so you are now dealing with Roomba for support... This is basically the same unit as the Roomba 320T. I doubt you will get the same level of support as what Mint gave you from Roomba!

pertifly wrote:I have had this model for years and absolutely love it. At 11 months, it started getting wonky on the wheels for some reason - it kept trying to turn right. The Mint customer service people sent me a brand new one with a brand new warranty, and it has worked solidly for nearly 3 years. The only work I've had to do on it is I bought a new battery on Amazon for $26.

After years and years of buying Roombas/Scoobas and having them die (and having the company not stand behind them), I wholeheartedly recommend this, although I will acknowledge that this doesn't vacuum I am a little leery of buying one now that Irobot owns the Mint line, too.

zackeeus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zackeeus
ipmark wrote:I'd also like the answer to this. I have a few fairly tall thresholds between rooms... will the mint just stop there or is there a way to hump over it like the Roombas can?

I'd like to add my voice to this chorus. Will this puppy handle thresholds? Since it's pushing dirt around (not sweeping it into a container), it seems probably thresholds are a problem.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages billthegunowner

A guy at work bought one of these, not sure which model, but the very first time he used it his dog viciously attacked it and broke it. LOL!!! He got it replaced for free under warranty though.

Bill

jdmancuso

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jdmancuso

I have one of these that I bought from Woot in September 2012. Here are my impressions:

Sweep:
Overall, I was unimpressed with the sweeping function and primarily used this only for mopping. If you will get value out of having small bundles of hair/dust/etc around the edges of your rooms, then this baby is for you! For a multi-pet household like mine, it was an exercise in futility and a few months later got a Neato which functions much much better.

Mop:
Mop function is pretty good - does not often get stuck, but as others have said you will likely need to sprinkle some water or cleaning solution around the room since the pad tends to dry out somewhat quickly. For someone who rarely actually mops, this thing is a godsend and it does pick up quite a bit of dirt. My only real complaint is that it's not quite heavy enough to get the job done properly -- the weight of the device doesn't quite exert enough pressure to be as effective as I would like.

Animals:
I have cats and dogs and as stated, the sweep is fairly useless in my book and I opted for a robotic vac. When the mop encounters small amounts of cat litter, everything is usually fine, but I've found this really depends on how saturated the pad is and how much litter is scattered around. Sometimes damp litter will get pushed around a bit in neat little arcs which is... ok I guess? Overall I'm pleased, but suggest running a vacuum immediately prior to using this.

General function:
As mentioned, I've had this for a couple years and haven't had any issues with it, but now I only run it occasionally. To the person asking about getting over dividers, mine was able to climb over small door trim dividers between rooms without much of an issue, but the clearance needs to be pretty low, otherwise it will stop and turn around. When you run this, it seems to simply go back and forth across the whole area, but sometimes I noticed it doing random diagonals to random spots where it would resume. If there's a method to its madness, I could not figure it out.

Final thoughts/summary:
Thus far the thing has been reliable and I have no major complaints. I will say that since there's no scheduling function and because the device is a bit too light to 'scrub' to any degree, you may be better served buying a steam mop (which is what I did).

anniecs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anniecs

I want to buy this, but right now I'm still mad at Woot! After almost nine years and hundreds of orders (thousands spent) they only shipped one of my seven items. When I did a customer service request, they refunded me for the items that they didn't send. I wrote back and nicely said I knew ALL of those other items shouldn't be out of stock. They blew me off and then I saw all but one of the "sold out" items on Woot! Plus again during the next week. I wasted my free shipping code for only one item. They sent a new free shipping code which is only good for 30 days. I'm still so mad that they lied to me about the items all being out of stock. It looked like laziness and poor customer service. After all these years, it made me so sad.

jcdinkins

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcdinkins

[quote postid="5777372" user="rgarnier"]Really? Now even the discussion section on Woot turns confrontational? Because someone simply asked for clarification of a model no.? And, it turns out, your snarky response, with some even edited out by the moderator, was plain wrong, eh? C'mon world - can't we all just get along?

It's funny when someone is rude and tries to be snarky and are WRONG with their response. Always remember rudeness is a weak person's imitation of strength.

jdubyakc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdubyakc

Am I correct that for the sweeping function, it basically works like a Swiffer and only uses the cloth (no suction like a vacuum)?

(on a side note, I absolutely hate spelling the word vacuum, so excuse the likely misspelling)

mamballama

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mamballama

This Mint is great, but I'd rather hold out for the Mint Plus or iRobot Braava 380t. Those models are equipped with a ProClean system that periodically dispenses water to the cleaning pad, have a longer battery life and shorter charge time (a turbo charger comes with the Braava 380t) and they can be paused to change the cleaning cloth without it resetting its memory.

I have owned two Roombas, which were very buggy, had tiny dirt receptacles, and could never get through an entire room without beeping for assistance. They both stopped working and/or charging within weeks of purchase. Ugh. But Mint got it right! All these great little sweeper/moppers need to make them near-perfect would be scheduling ability and self-docking.

Mumbler

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mumbler

Can this thing handle ceramic tile floors?

dgbarstow2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgbarstow2

Oh man did the cats have fun last night! I charged this bad boy for 24 hours, put the stock dry-pad on it and let it go. It is so quiet I had to make sure a few times that it was running. Did a great job! I was shocked at how much fur this thing picked up considering Maid Brigade was at my house on Friday doing their initial deep clean. To be fair, there are 3 cats and a dog so shedding is constant. Be warned this model will not be compatible with the reservoir. I searched everywhere and finally found this forum that illustrates why and what you'll need to do to modify it.

EDIT: I got home and saw the model was actually the 4200-A which will accept the reservoir!

dgbarstow2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgbarstow2
mamballama wrote:This Mint is great, but I'd rather hold out for the Mint Plus or iRobot Braava 380t. Those models are equipped with a ProClean system that periodically dispenses water to the cleaning pad, have a longer battery life and shorter charge time (a turbo charger comes with the Braava 380t) and they can be paused to change the cleaning cloth without it resetting its memory.

I have owned two Roombas, which were very buggy, had tiny dirt receptacles, and could never get through an entire room without beeping for assistance. They both stopped working and/or charging within weeks of purchase. Ugh. But Mint got it right! All these great little sweeper/moppers need to make them near-perfect would be scheduling ability and self-docking.

I thought this one was the 4200, but in fact it's the 4200-A which is compatible with the pro-clean reservoir. Just bought on on Bonanza for $40!