hotsaucemagik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotsaucemagik
ThunderThighs wrote:Awwww, sorry.

You can look on the sale to see how long it takes to ship (not counting transit). It's right under the price on the detail page (with the "add to cart" button).

That sale said it would ship in 3-5 business days.

I know, I know...just spoiled from amazon/newegg etc...

AmberMoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AmberMoon

Has anyone ordered a factory reconditioned from Woot before? I've always ordered new and I'm a little leery of ordering reconditioned electronics.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AmberMoon wrote:Has anyone ordered a factory reconditioned from Woot before? I've always ordered new and I'm a little leery of ordering reconditioned electronics.

Hi there. We don't do any reconditioning ourselves.

A "factory reconditioned" item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being "new".

If you have any problems, you can contact Samsung for warranty assistance. If there's problems immediately on receipt, feel free to email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AmberMoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AmberMoon
ThunderThighs wrote:Hi there. We don't do any reconditioning ourselves.

A "factory reconditioned" item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being "new".

If you have any problems, you can contact Samsung for warranty assistance. If there's problems immediately on receipt, feel free to email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Thanks.

stormchaserbh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stormchaserbh

Yayyyy! Got mine today!

133 Woots, including 4 BeeOhCees, 18 LeakFrogs, 19 SanDisk MP3 players, 6 Screaming Woot Monkeys and a pair of Woot-Off Lights!! (But no Bacon Salt or Roombas yet)

boredoutamymind3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boredoutamymind3

I'm sad, I got my tablet while I was at lunch today, got it all set up and went straight to registering it like others had mentioned they did with their refurbs purchased from Woot. It looks like my serial number and MAC address are already used so I can't redeem for any Playstore credit or dropbox storage etc

Who do I contact about getting the product re-registered, or is it even possible to get the perks that others have gotten from their refurbs? Everyone should be aware that getting these perks might not be possible on refurbs.

Not a complete deal breaker, but it was the deciding factor of ordering on here and paying tax + shipping rather than purchasing a refurb from another site for about $25 less.

ThunderThighs

Staff

boredoutamymind3: You would need to contact Samsung about that but those features are not noted as included in the Factory Reconditioned models.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

boredoutamymind3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boredoutamymind3
ThunderThighs wrote:boredoutamymind3: You would need to contact Samsung about that but those features are not noted as included in the Factory Reconditioned models.

Thanks, I figured it was a risk since it wasn't explicitly mentioned and that the other users had simply gotten lucky by getting units that had not be registered. I'll see if Samsung can offer to reset the serial so it can be registered again.

inshane64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inshane64

Mine came in today! Ordered black, received white. Not cool woot! Not cool at all!

ThunderThighs

Staff

inshane64 wrote:Mine came in today! Ordered black, received white. Not cool woot! Not cool at all!

I'm sorry. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

kdinfla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdinfla
boredoutamymind3 wrote:I'm sad, I got my tablet while I was at lunch today, got it all set up and went straight to registering it like others had mentioned they did with their refurbs purchased from Woot. It looks like my serial number and MAC address are already used so I can't redeem for any Playstore credit or dropbox storage etc

Who do I contact about getting the product re-registered, or is it even possible to get the perks that others have gotten from their refurbs? Everyone should be aware that getting these perks might not be possible on refurbs.

Not a complete deal breaker, but it was the deciding factor of ordering on here and paying tax + shipping rather than purchasing a refurb from another site for about $25 less.

Yep, same issue here. Just spent way too much time with Samsung support, never even *thinking* that I couldn't register a factory-refurbished device. Nope,nope,nope. No registration for you.

Ah, well. I'll know for the future.

(Sure is pretty, though.)

jul31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jul31

There was something about my woot! I bought it on May 9 at 10am it arrived home on May 16 at 5pm.

ok standard shipping bla bla ...

On May 9 it left 300 miles from my home, to go 1700 miles away. Ok I know standard shipping. Then it came back going through (about) 20 miles away from initial leaving spot.

I believe Woot and Wooters can do better than that?

JUL.

YazV43Wm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YazV43Wm

I had never heard of Samsung "Galaxy Perks" until I opened the "Internet" app on this shiny Refurb Galaxy Note 10.1" (2014 Edition), and the home page was http://www.samsung.com/us/register-for-your-galaxy-perks/#note10. Sweet, I thought. Silly me.

I entered into the minor hell that is creating a Samsung account and registering a product. Hours later I finally succeed! Hooray! So I have email from Samsung acknowledging that I created and account and that I registered my device. But no email about Galaxy Perks.

I entered the major hell that is Samsung support. To email Samsung support, I have to specify a product. But the Galaxy Note does not appear as an option. I finally email the website support team, which kindly informs me that I should identify a "Galaxy Note" as a "Galaxy Tab", and that even though the device identifies itself as Model SM-600, I should refer to it as Model SM-P6000ZKVXAR.

(Much drama omitted.)

At this point I've tried to get help from Samsung via email, www.support.com, Facebook, and telephone. No joy yet.

I suspect they will eventually say "no perks", but they will waste more hours of my time first.

I am unimpressed.