jekrump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jekrump

Can anybody tell me if the Netlfix app on these TV's supports captions/subtitles?

Yes, I'm one of THOSE people...

bshah1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bshah1976

These prices are not that great. I just picked up the 60" from Dell BRAND NEW $1333. It was on sale....current price right now is $1498 with $400 gift card.

Plus I got a $400 gift card to be used in 90 days (that is a free laptop) or sell it on ebay for $325.

gcretro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcretro
gcretro wrote:What/How does the square trade extended warranty offer?
Is it easy to deal with?

Anyone?

Also, what's the manufacturer warranty on this? (NOT asking about the the Woot warranty)

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
drwstr123 wrote:Purchased a Samsung smart TV in November...crapped out in December. They could NOT supply authorized repair facility with necessary part. They would NOT replace TV. After months of calls and emails, they replaced it in April. Never again will I buy a Samsung product.

They meaning Samsung or the retailer you purchased it from?

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
gcretro wrote:Anyone?

Also, what's the manufacturer warranty on this? (NOT asking about the the Woot warranty)

Look for a Square Trade coupon code. We usually get 30 percent off.

Read the specs for the manufacturer warranty. It's usually at the bottom of the specs.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 25 Private Messages gusvonpooch

I have ST warranties on several items but only had to use it once on a Flip video cam.Sent them an email,they told me to ship it to them and they would check it out. It was not fixable so they sent me my purchase price back. I had had the vidcam for almost a year. Great company to work with.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 25 Private Messages gusvonpooch
MichXelle wrote:Look for a Square Trade coupon code. We usually get 30 percent off.

Read the specs for the manufacturer warranty. It's usually at the bottom of the specs.

I get the coupons as well but can't find where it covers refurb products. Have you used a coupon for a refurb on Woot?

docb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages docb
jekrump wrote:Can anybody tell me if the Netlfix app on these TV's supports captions/subtitles?

Yes, I'm one of THOSE people...

Yes, it works just dandy. Use it all the time.

cleverlyc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverlyc

I'd pass on a Samsung. I have a 42" that blew it's main board at 13 months of age. Cost as much to fix as it did to replace. But repairing it put the money in a local repair shop's pocket.

Its internet features generally don't work beyond browsing, have NEVER been able to stream NetFlix OR Hulu through either my Samsung TV or my Samsung Blu-Ray player that I got for free with the TV.

I'd pass on Samsung, just sayin'....

mdrollins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdrollins

Samsung makes a great TV, and that's why I have 7 of them. My most recent purchase was a 32" Samsung Smart TV from Woot, but it arrived with a broken screen. Woot sent me the shipping labels, and I returned it for a full refund. Next time I saw them being sold, I bought another one. This one has a line down the center of the TV. I've tried contacting Samsung 4 times to get it fixed, sent them pictures of what it's doing, went through all the resetting they asked me to do, and now that we know it's definitely the TV and not my TV service, I can't get in touch with anyone to follow up on this to repair it. I think they're dragging their feet until the refurbished warranty is expired so they don't have to do anything. It's really upsetting to see this from a company which I own many products from, TVs, phones, tablets, DVD players, sound bars, etc.

renzo58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renzo58

Bad luck for me with Samsung products. Bought a 46 Samsung tv. After the one year warranty period had expired the screen went dark with a bright line in the middle. Bought a side by side fridge, within the one year warranty the fridge side stopped working. They fixed it, it went bad and bad again. Don't trust Samsung products anymore. Maybe that is why they have a surplus of refurbished tv sets. Good luck if you buy one.

tradergeorge

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tradergeorge
orubin wrote:Something broke. It went back to the manufacturer or an authorized re-work facility, the problem was fixed, the set checked out, and sold for a big discount. The only risk I have seen with refurbished is that during rework, they did not catch all the problems. Not typical though.

I used to be a manager in an electronic device factory. In m y experience,less than 1% of a production was pulled for testing. On the other hand, EVERY refurb was subjected to extensive burn in and every possible test. They REALLY don't want them to fail. And also in my very long experience, electronic devices either fail soon after you get them, or else they tend to last forever. I would not hesitate to buy a refurb from someone like Samsung, even if I only got a 90 day warranty.

tradergeorge

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tradergeorge

The Woot warranty and the MFR are the same thing in this case...it is 90 days...It is serviced by WOOT, which is who you would contact in case of failure ...That is typical for refurbs....I have found that usually electronics will fail in this period if they are going to....I HAVE had SquareTrade warranties for devices I have gifted to others... I have never had occasion to use them, but they are very easy to work with up front. I have heard nothing but good things about them and they claim a A+ BBB rating...

jmacnabb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmacnabb

Well, my 55" was delivered yesterday. Bent and shattered. Somebody had taped a new box over the crushed and damaged original box. Luckily, this was discovered as the delivery driver unpacked it, and he told me to refuse delivery. Created a ticket with Woot, but have not heard anything yet.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jmacnabb wrote:Well, my 55" was delivered yesterday. Bent and shattered. Somebody had taped a new box over the crushed and damaged original box. Luckily, this was discovered as the delivery driver unpacked it, and he told me to refuse delivery. Created a ticket with Woot, but have not heard anything yet.

Ugh. Sorry for the shipping disaster. CS responds in 1-2 business days. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

sefferdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefferdog
jmacnabb wrote:Well, my 55" was delivered yesterday. Bent and shattered. Somebody had taped a new box over the crushed and damaged original box. Luckily, this was discovered as the delivery driver unpacked it, and he told me to refuse delivery. Created a ticket with Woot, but have not heard anything yet.

That sucks! I got in on this as well, but have no idea when it will be delivered. I have yet to hear from the freight company. I hope it is in one piece!

pdsmith505

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pdsmith505

Three weeks into owning the 60" model, and it is randomly powering on and off by itself.

joebobmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joebobmel
pdsmith505 wrote:Three weeks into owning the 60" model, and it is randomly powering on and off by itself.

Mine too. It will cycle through the start up then just turn off and start over again. I'm done with refurbs. That makes two in a row with issues.

Geibers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Geibers

Just got mine. Powers on and off and then won't power on without unplugging. Already emailed woot. Pretty bad to be sending out refurb'd products that are still broken. Red blinking light of death...