WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

TVs TVs TVs TVs TVs TVs TVs TVs TVs

Are we being too subtle? Do you understand what we're selling in this sale?

Lord John Whorfin

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Lord John Whorfin

I got the Philips 40" last Black Friday for $200 (as a refurb) and it's been working great, definitely a great TV for the price, but you MUST get external speakers, the built-ins are worse than what you'll find on most TVs and unacceptable even for people who usually don't care about audio quality. At $280 it's probably worth spending a little more to go with a Samsung.

Indy2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Indy2009

The DISH Tailgater package with the VIP 211 HD receivers a really good deal. I have the setup I purchased from DISH a few years ago and love it! (cost at that time around $700) We take it with us in RV and the setup is as easy as setting the tailgater on the ground, running the one wire from the receiver to the Tailgater, hook up the HDMI cable to the TV and you are done. We also take this with us to our Gulf coast Florida condo and set it on the balcony. If you have a beach condo most HOA's will not allow the metal dish on the balcony or building. The tailgater does not draw any attention to it's small size. Just remember, you have to have an unobstructed view of the South West sky for the Tailgater to work with the Dish Network satellites.

Indy2009

And the Tailgater!

jon98gn

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jon98gn

Hmmm.. The VIZIO 55" Razor 240Hz LED Smart TV with Theater 3D, M551D-A2 is cheaper on newegg right now "refurbished" for $794

\

fridayrs

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fridayrs

Who did the refurbishing on the Samsung UN40EH5300 40" 1080p 120 CMR LED Smart TV with Built-in Wi-Fi? Manufacturer or third party?

Thx!

aleris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aleris

I can't seen to locate if the TVs come with any sort of warrenty (Even like a 30/60/90 day) I see that you can get one with SquareTrade for 80 dollars or so, but I'd hesitate to do so unless there was no support at all for it otherwise. (Other than the 21 day return policy on woot)

fridayrs

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fridayrs
aleris wrote:I can't seen to locate if the TVs come with any sort of warrenty (Even like a 30/60/90 day) I see that you can get one with SquareTrade for 80 dollars or so, but I'd hesitate to do so unless there was no support at all for it otherwise. (Other than the 21 day return policy on woot)

Look at the bottom of the first tab (not specs). The ones I've looked at have a Woot 90 day limited warranty link.

http://www.woot.com/warranty

lawnmowerdeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lawnmowerdeth

So how does Woot ship these larger TV's? UPS/Fedex ground, or a freight carrier? Is it the type where you can schedule a delivery?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lawnmowerdeth wrote:So how does Woot ship these larger TV's? UPS/Fedex ground, or a freight carrier? Is it the type where you can schedule a delivery?

50" and larger ships via freight carrier. Make sure you give a physical address and that your phone number is correct in your account. The carrier will call you to arrange a delivery time.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

gallogj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gallogj

Is the Tailgator really needed? 1 Cellphone + Dish Anywhere App + Video cable from cellphone to TV = same thing.

Indy2009

gallogj wrote:Is the Tailgator really needed? 1 Cellphone + Dish Anywhere App + Video cable from cellphone to TV = same thing.

I believe the Dish Anywhere App only streams what you have recorded on your DVR at home, not all the programing and channels you are subscribed to. Am I wrong?

snowdog1967

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snowdog1967

I own the 60 inch Visio TV and it's a GREAT deal, especially at this price! (I paid about 100 bucks more from Amazon in March)

Previous Shirt Woots
Candy Corn Cannibalism
Sucka!
Touring With The Big G

jon98gn

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jon98gn
snowdog1967 wrote:I own the 60 inch Visio TV and it's a GREAT deal, especially at this price! (I paid about 100 bucks more from Amazon in March)

As a refurb or new? Found a seller refurb of it on ebay for $999.

\

usmcsean69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usmcsean69

Read this article!!! Before you buy
these are not true 120Hz. They use SPS to upsell these t.v.'s. The deals are still good don't get me wrong but do your research before you buy.
http://hdguru.com/beware-of-phony-lcd-hdtv-refresh-rates/7726/

Mularkey

mexirish47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mexirish47

come on where are the big boys at i didn't see any 80 or 90 inch tv's

Carfanatic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Carfanatic
usmcsean69 wrote:Read this article!!! Before you buy
these are not true 120Hz. They use SPS to upsell these t.v.'s. The deals are still good don't get me wrong but do your research before you buy.
http://hdguru.com/beware-of-phony-lcd-hdtv-refresh-rates/7726/

Exactly do your research a few of these are true 120Hz TV's it takes a second to copy and paste the brand/model number and find results that show true Hz

stevo0718

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevo0718

How much does the tailgater month to month payment structure work?

Are there penalties for starting and stopping?

Very interested in this...

thegodfather572

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thegodfather572
Indy2009 wrote:I believe the Dish Anywhere App only streams what you have recorded on your DVR at home, not all the programing and channels you are subscribed to. Am I wrong?

yes you are wrong. the app streams your live TV and recordings. assuming you have the correct receiver.

thegodfather572

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thegodfather572
stevo0718 wrote:How much does the tailgater month to month payment structure work?

Are there penalties for starting and stopping?

Very interested in this...

from what i saw, pay as you go plans range from $45 to $75. you can shut off service at any time with no fees.

if you are interested i'd buy this up, this price is half of what DISH sells it for.

Raines8416

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raines8416

Wow, the 39" Samsung was $285 new on Amazon last week. I had BB pricematch and bought one.

FYI, the mediaplay USB actually supports 1080p mkv files. I was blown away.

Its a good TV for the price, but again, Woot wants more for a refurb than it was brand new last week.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 49 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

We have a fairly new Samsung Plasma screen, and my in-laws have a fairly new Samsung LED. Both sets have a great picture, but the "smart" apps leave a LOT to be desired. The ones we use (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video) are unstable and frequently require that you unplug the television and reboot. The internet browser that they supply is also completely worthless. Picture is great, but plan on adding external devices of some sort to supply the content...just like we had to do 5 years ago!

icarryapara

quality posts: 1 Private Messages icarryapara

I purchased the 32" Phillips refurbished. It arrived in the box with the wrong power cord, and when I hooked it up finally, neither of the HDMI ports worked. Highly disappointed.

ThunderThighs

Staff

icarryapara wrote:I purchased the 32" Phillips refurbished. It arrived in the box with the wrong power cord, and when I hooked it up finally, neither of the HDMI ports worked. Highly disappointed.

Sorry for the problem. Looks like the one you bought has a 90-day Philips warranty. You can contact them or the company they designate - check any paperwork included with the TV.

If all else fails, email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

sparkerjc

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sparkerjc

Anybody received their Vizios yet? Mine still says "Shipping Now" which it has said since I ordered it on May 17th. What does "NOW" mean?

manhandsha

quality posts: 40 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

sparkerjc wrote:Anybody received their Vizios yet? Mine still says "Shipping Now" which it has said since I ordered it on May 17th. What does "NOW" mean?

Have you tried 'Track by Reference' on UPS or FedEx's websites? You can use your order number as the Reference ID, sometimes you can find your tracking that way. If by Tuesday you don't get any info, send your order info to support@woot.com for assistance.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

carbiz777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carbiz777

Woot is an Amazon Company Who does not care about customer service.Once novel website will not get another order from me after Vizio snafu. How many of us were taken?

rick10024

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rick10024
sparkerjc wrote:Anybody received their Vizios yet? Mine still says "Shipping Now" which it has said since I ordered it on May 17th. What does "NOW" mean?

Still waiting myself. Never got a notice of shipment, but by checking the site daily I found that it has shipped – though still not due till next week. Hard to believe Woot is owned by Amazon, whose delivery is so fast – whereas Woot seems to be delivering via a slow boat from China…

lawnmowerdeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lawnmowerdeth

I got my Samsung 55" last Wednesday, so 9 business days total, not bad for a Woot deal on a giant TV.

Sadly it is broken, so now I have to deal with those logistics. Ultimate gaming room stays unfinished.

carbiz777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carbiz777

My credit card was charged a month ago still no shipment customer service where are you ? Jeff Bezos would not run a company like this. I promoted Woot to frends but sadly no more.I caution anyone odering

blow85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blow85

I ordered the 47" TV on May 20th, and received it this Tuesday, June 3rd. 9 business days if you take off the holiday, so that's not terrible. However, I wasn't able to look at the TV until Wednesday to find that it was broken. I have contacted Woot Support twice (once through their form, and once through direct email) and have yet to receive a reply. I really don't want to waste 500 bucks on damaged goods because they take forever and only give you a 21 day window.

ThunderThighs

Staff

carbiz777 & blow85: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll add you to my afternoon report.

FORUM MODERATOR