it7276


quality posts: 0 Private Messages it7276

I bought a refurb model off Woot a while back, it wasn't this exact model but it was a Ninja. I've been happy with the performance, but keep in mind that Refurb is Refurb...my model came in a clean box but the inside of the blender was noticeably dinged/scratched in a lot of places. It doesn't affect its ability to blend or make it more difficult to clean, but don't expect to get a shiny new-looking pitcher (the base of the blender didn't have any cosmetic damage).

reasonandrhyme


quality posts: 0 Private Messages reasonandrhyme

Give the woot staffer who wrote this copy a g*ddamn trophy

chimunga


quality posts: 7 Private Messages chimunga

So, after reading some of the reviews and looking up some of the products mentioned, I think it's kind of weird that this is getting compared to Vitamix and Blendtec. From an outside observer who doesn't know all that much about blenders, it seems like comparing Sketchers to Manolo Blahniks.

I just feel like it would be nice to have comparisons in the same price rage.

parallaxreality


quality posts: 2 Private Messages parallaxreality

I've been intending to get a blender for daily green smoothies but simply don't have the money to put down on the super high-end ones.
I was planning on buying this Oster
which seems to get good reviews. I like that it's glass and metal. I'm mostly concerned that the green leafy veggies (most often spinach and kale) will get blended nicely.
Now that this Ninja has dropped to my price range, I'm wondering if it's so much better than the Oster?

mkremer


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mkremer

all i care about is margaritas.

HOW DOES IT DO WITH MARGARITAS??!

jsnbbq


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jsnbbq
rroberto wrote:almost everything contains lead... everything electrical does in solder. don't over react to the lead notice which is required on anything sold in California regardless of what the lead is and where it is.



Some solder has lead but they do sell solder without lead like silver solder. So the statement of "everything electrical does in solder" is actuall WRONG. The EU (which Implemented RoHS in 2003) and other countries are starting to to do also.

metagg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages metagg

Love my Ninja. It is well built and includes several safety features. I've used regular cheap blenders most my life, but I was pleasantly surprised with the end results of the Ninja. It's nice to throw in frozen berries and ice cubes amongst whatever else I've thrown in the blender for a healthy concoction and have it turn out smooth without any chunks ice chunks.

richblood


quality posts: 0 Private Messages richblood

How do it compare to this Farberware (Walmart's trademart) blender?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/FARBERWARE-4-Speed-Digital-Blender-With-Travel-Cup-Stainless-Steel/22959002
800W, Glass jar, and $40 for a brand new one. Does this Ninja worth the double price? ($82 after tax and shipping).

Sorry for dumb question of beginner in blending.

no1jeanie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages no1jeanie

I had one and the seals started doing some kinda of decaying act. I would find black gooie stuff in the top part of the container, and all over my dish cloth and dish drainer. I took it back and you could not give me another one!

Clara J Fowler

wootywoo09


quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootywoo09

does the stalk of Kale contribute to much of its nutrition? I would just keep it out of the Ninja?

natewhidden


quality posts: 0 Private Messages natewhidden

Just received mine in the mail. A little dissapointed to see that while it is the 660 model, its different than advertised. For instance, the one i received is 1000 watts (not 1100 a advertised) and my model only has high and low speeds, not the 3 speed as the photos show in this listing (and on the box it was shipped in)

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

natewhidden wrote:Just received mine in the mail. A little dissapointed to see that while it is the 660 model, its different than advertised. For instance, the one i received is 1000 watts (not 1100 a advertised) and my model only has high and low speeds, not the 3 speed as the photos show in this listing (and on the box it was shipped in)



I'm very sorry. If you didn't get the item advertised, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

djallen813


quality posts: 0 Private Messages djallen813
natewhidden wrote:Just received mine in the mail. A little dissapointed to see that while it is the 660 model, its different than advertised. For instance, the one i received is 1000 watts (not 1100 a advertised) and my model only has high and low speeds, not the 3 speed as the photos show in this listing (and on the box it was shipped in)



I had the same thing happen. The model number on the base does say BL660 but the front clearly says 1000W and only has high/low. I was disappointed as the Woot picture shows the 3 speed 1100W version. I guess that is the chance we take with Woot?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

djallen813 wrote:I had the same thing happen. The model number on the base does say BL660 but the front clearly says 1000W and only has high/low. I was disappointed as the Woot picture shows the 3 speed 1100W version. I guess that is the chance we take with Woot?


It's definitely not a chance you take with Woot. As I mentioned above, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jphillip1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jphillip1

I also received the 1000 watt model with only the high/low buttons even though the box is for the 1100 watt model. Not happy about this at all.

Joe Phillips

wootywoo09


quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootywoo09

My blender jug had deep gashes inside. I can't use it. Contacted woot, they never got back to me.mam i supposed to,sell it "on eBay"

lol

teegers


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teegers

I ordered the one sold a few days ago and received the same as the others: 1000 watts, with high and low options, not the one pictured. While it does a great job, I'd love to get the one I actually ordered.

I thought I'd edit this with a link to the blender that I (and I suspect everyone else who received the wrong blender) received: http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-BL660-Professional-Blender/dp/B00CWGN7G4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1400627123&sr=8-7&keywords=ninja+1000+watt+blender

scrowder01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scrowder01

I am in the same situation as everyone else, wrong unit. I email support right away and they sent me a replacement unit which arrived today, and it is also the wrong unit. To me, refurb applies to the mechanics/electrics of a device, so when both the original and replacement pitchers had deep scratches and gouges I was surprised. Based on the packaging, whoever put these in the box did not secure the blade to the pitcher guaranteeing the pitchers will arrive scratched. I am on reply 3 with support asking for yet another replacement. Whatever vendor woot got these from really screwed up.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

scrowder01 wrote:I am in the same situation as everyone else, wrong unit. I email support right away and they sent me a replacement unit which arrived today, and it is also the wrong unit. To me, refurb applies to the mechanics/electrics of a device, so when both the original and replacement pitchers had deep scratches and gouges I was surprised. Based on the packaging, whoever put these in the box did not secure the blade to the pitcher guaranteeing the pitchers will arrive scratched. I am on reply 3 with support asking for yet another replacement. Whatever vendor woot got these from really screwed up.


Sorry for the problem. We actually have really low reports of this problem (less than 10, last I heard). We are researching the cause but it appears that a small number of the wrong units got put in the right box.

CS will help you resolve to the best of their ability.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Starblind


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Starblind
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problem. We actually have really low reports of this problem (less than 10, last I heard). We are researching the cause but it appears that a small number of the wrong units got put in the right box.

CS will help you resolve to the best of their ability.



CS isn't really helping much. I had the same problem and got offered either $8 (!!!) or return it for a refund. What the hell, I want the item I paid for, they clearly have more of them since they were sold during the Woot-off too.

ufearme3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ufearme3

Hi same issue for me. Got the older model in the new box. They said they were working on it so waiting on the outcome... hoping everything works out!

teegers


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teegers
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problem. We actually have really low reports of this problem (less than 10, last I heard). We are researching the cause but it appears that a small number of the wrong units got put in the right box.

CS will help you resolve to the best of their ability.



Could you help explain the issue to CS? I wrote and explained what happened, got a note back that day that they were working on it, but got a note the next day asking me to please explain the issue. Wrote back, explaining again and got the same note back that it's being worked on, but maybe if they heard from you that several are having this issue, it might help with resolution.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

teegers wrote:Could you help explain the issue to CS? I wrote and explained what happened, got a note back that day that they were working on it, but got a note the next day asking me to please explain the issue. Wrote back, explaining again and got the same note back that it's being worked on, but maybe if they heard from you that several are having this issue, it might help with resolution.



I'll go ahead and forward your post/information to them.

We still recommend support@woot.com so they can help you out.

teegers


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teegers
ROGETRAY wrote:I'll go ahead and forward your post/information to them.

We still recommend support@woot.com so they can help you out.



Thank you!

lunan1984


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lunan1984

I bought a Ninja BL660 Professional Blender.
Order Date:May 13, 2014
When I received, It's broken.
Because of the bad packaging, The multitasking pitcher has been broken by blade what was not right set!
The pitcher is covered with scratches and holes!
I am serious doubt I can use it safely.
It seems to be crush in anytime. I believe it couldn't work properly.
Please reply me as soon as possible. Thank you.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

lunan1984 wrote:I bought a Ninja BL660 Professional Blender.
Order Date:May 13, 2014
When I received, It's broken.
Because of the bad packaging, The multitasking pitcher has been broken by blade what was not right set!
The pitcher is covered with scratches and holes!
I am serious doubt I can use it safely.
It seems to be crush in anytime. I believe it couldn't work properly.
Please reply me as soon as possible. Thank you.



Sorry to hear that you received your order in the condition you described.

Please email into support@woot.com and let them know what has occurred. They'll be able to help answer any questions or concerns you have about your purchase.

tobytreul


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tobytreul

This came all scratched up. I have sent two emails and have not heard back. I need to return it and either get my money back or get a new one. I have contacted Support and have not heard back at all.

dahliam


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dahliam

This blender sucks. Oh my word, I cant believe it. I even bought one for my mom, how embarassing. I cant make smoothies, I can make chunkies all day every day. Its really bad. I have another blender, Black and Decker 700 watts only $45 at the store and it is a DREAM! Smooth smoothies and the pitcher is heavy glass not this sad plastic of Ninja. Boo Ninja Boo, and of course no returns at Woot! GREAT! Woot will not be my go to from now on.

fuffysuds


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuffysuds

The little cup I love but the pitcher I hate. I don't make smoothies with it anymore because it leaves chunks but the little cup makes great smoothies. My big pitcher is cracking like crazy now though. I bought a cheap $40 farberware blender at walmart and it does way better than this. It does make great banana ice cream though. Such a shame.